Page 65 of 187 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That's just superhero fiction, lol.
    On this show they are lying to protect themselves. Secret identity doesn't even register with Beth given how open she is with everything.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    So is Cindy’s stepmom something Dragon King made in a test tube? Apparently she doesn’t exist.
    I figured he has the pull to legally erase someone. We already know everyone who works for the Dragon King don't do so willingly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I figured he has the pull to legally erase someone. We already know everyone who works for the Dragon King don't do so willingly.
    I have been wondering if the minions are clones as well. He could have a storehouse full of them but need to train them once activated.

So is Cindy’s stepmom something Dragon King made in a test tube? Apparently she doesn’t exist.
    I don't think so - she seemed genuinely frightened, unlike his emotionless "drones" and didn't she say that she "used to" do things, but now she's a home-maker? Still, it's an interesting mystery...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't think so - she seemed genuinely frightened, unlike his emotionless "drones" and didn't she say that she "used to" do things, but now she's a home-maker? Still, it's an interesting mystery...
    Especially if given the chance she would have “stepped out” with Pat.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    its all Warner Media money, I dont see much changes

the show is, by its baked in DNA, a CW show
    Yeah, the idea that the show is somehow different from the other CW superhero shows is baffling to me. Other than budgetary concerns, I'm not expecting any changes thematically.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

All I know is she's wonderful to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    All I know is she's wonderful to look at.
    I believe her maiden name is Stepford.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I believe her maiden name is Stepford.
    Yep. I have to agree, Kirb.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if I'd agree with that. I don't think any of the content so far has really been all that more excessive then what we generally see on Cable shows.

Would it matter if the Netflix shows were still the exact same?
    But they wouldn't be and the same here, the CW does great for what they are but the Budget will be reduced. I guarantee you the Stripes armor will be mostly MIA once it goes CW like Atom's suit.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Maybe I’m optimistic. I hope Swamp Thing’s CW ratings might give it a second season.
    Do wha? You know Swamp Thing is dead in the water and has been before the first (and only) season was done? They are only showing it because they needed content.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    My concerns about the show moving to the CW:

1) the production budget- say goodbye to the good special effects and high quality cameras. Also to much of the cast I'm guessing- it'll be reduced to core characters only.

2) Luke Wilson- they may no longer be able to afford him. Losing Pat would be a MAJOR blow to the show's premise and the core of it, which is Pat and Courtney

3) the writing- this is a cable show moving to network, which means the episodes now have to be written for commercial breaks. That will change the writing more than people think and definitely for the worse. It hampers the storytelling of writers, who've maintained this for years.
    All of this. I dunno why people are assuming the show will get the same amount of money and technical support (from FX to cameras) when it is made for broadcast television. I will freely admit to being wrong if we get to see the budget numbers, but until we do I will maintain that is faulty logic at best.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 07-08-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    On this show they are lying to protect themselves. Secret identity doesn't even register with Beth given how open she is with everything.
    Yeah totally, and they're well within their rights to not want everyone to know what they're up to. Especially in a town run by some fascist supervillains. They should be hiding their identities from EVERYONE.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-08-2020 at 07:35 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    All of this. I dunno why people are assuming the show will get the same amount of money and technical support (from FX to cameras) when it is made for broadcast television. I will freely admit to being wrong if we get to see the budget numbers, but until we do I will maintain that is faulty logic at best.
    Exactly.

I think people tend to forget that budget is not just "cool effects", but writing, technical support, crew, cast, locations, cameras, music and soundmixing, on and on and on. When the budget drops, the quality has to also- even just down to looking really cheapo. People can't work for free, despite how a lot of fans think things are only being made out of labours of love.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-08-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Amazing Member

Same. Not that I don't appreciate the optimism, I try to be an optimist most times, but the management has never had a very good track record of smart decisions, like creating the streaming service itself, which isn't even two years old yet and it's already being dismantled in favor of a broader service, which they should have started with in the first place. Until it's verified that the budget hasn't taken a huge hit (I could live with them taking out the expensive music, I could), I'm done. Already skipped watching Shiv Part 2.

I also feel really sorry for Geoff Johns, if the budget does indeed get slashed. I mean, Stargirl's personal to him, and now the show's on the verge of being wrecked. Poor guy.

Do you think it's that unlikely they'll still produce it the same as if it were airing on DC Universe?