Page 151 of 187 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2791

Loved the effects this episode, and just how eerie everything in that world was. It was cool seeing Shade use his powers like that. I was thinking even if they do keep him dead, there's always flashbacks, but then, maybe he's not dead.

I was a bit thrown off by not seeing Mike confront Jakeem. Guess next episode we'll find out what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "The Picture of Dorian Gray." That checks out. Now that I think about it, I feel like that movie either influenced The Shade's creation or was used as an influence when James Robinson wrote him.
    I think the Starman comics established that Oscar Wilde was a friend of the Shade's and based Dorian Gray on him, so Robinson must have been influenced.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Will Cindy indeed help on a redemption path or will she turn on Court at the very end? I personally do not like redemption ish, I prefer bad people to stay bad. It feels like we are going that route with Alice on Batwoman, we don’t need it on every show.
    I can see why they'd want to go the redemption route with Cindy, seeing as how she's still a teenager. Given what we know of her backstory, she is a victim of a villainous legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Those masked guys who turned Shade into what he is made me think of Johnny Sorrow. I wouldn't mind him being the Bag Bad next season.
    I would love to see Johnny Sorrow.

Mighty Member

Does anyone in that house ever feed that bulldog?

I guess this whole Eclipso arc has been great for Buddy since while the humans are busy he has the run of the house. Although he can't pee on Cosmo.

I love how Cindy is super respectful towards Barbara and how unsettling that is .

Beth meeting the real Dr. McNider and him letting her call him "Chuck" was everything I never knew I needed. I'm so happy Beth got to meet her namesake .

Well, Courtney tells Yolanda the truth about the OG!JSA, and...it just makes things worse. I guess the truth doesn't always help, especially if it involves the guy you modeled yourself after also being someone who was willing to kill.

Pat was wasting his time trying to get Rick's uncle to drop the charges, but then he realized how Rick's uncle is utter trash and goes all hardcore on him to make it happen. Seems like he may have been a little more...persuasive the second go around. Pat's military days appear to have been as impactful as his JSA days.

Mike finally sees Jakeem with the Thunderbolt and Jakeem's been using it to basically just feed himself, with hilariously disastrous results. Mike wished for it to go into "better hands," and on some subconscious level he felt like Jakeem would be a better fit for the Thunderbolt than he would, even if he won't admit it. But the Thunderbolt has been the first real friend Jakeem has had in months, and it seems like something Jakeem and Mike might really bond over. When they're not dealing with Jakeem's jerk sister (no wonder she and Cindy were friends).

Cindy uses reverse-psychology to get Yolanda to come back to the team so she can protect Courtney from Cindy pulling a fast one. And Cindy finally reveals that she was the one who leaked the pictures of Yolanda, not Henry, just to dig in deeper. It took two seasons but it finally came out.

I loved when Yolanda said "where's my suit?" No matter what she says, that's a total "making a Superhero comeback" line.

Thank goodness Rex made extensive notes so his son could properly rebuild the hourglass.

Zeke finishing up STRIPE so we can finally see it in action again after an entire season worth of buildup.

Did Cindy call in the Crocks to come back them up? I only assume because they're season regulars next season.

Courtney felt the Cosmic Staff was still off, which I wonder if it's because of her hatred for Eclipso weakening her link to Cosmo.

The Starheart can predict the future?

Everyone pushing Courtney to becoming darker to stop Eclipso, when all the while that was Eclipso's plan all along so that Courtney could become his new host. Never expected Stargirl herself to be the final boss .

Now, I gotta wonder just how Grundy plays into all of this.

If he turns up next week?

They did a fine job of just sidestepping that possibility.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if that little bit of darkness in Jade's ring is gonna connect with her brother

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I'm glad Chuck isn't wearing that outfit anymore. Maybe it's me, but the costume doesn't translate well to reality.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm glad Chuck isn't wearing that outfit anymore. Maybe it's me, but the costume doesn't translate well to reality.
    It looked better on him than on Beth. I think it looks better than the Hourman costume as well, imo. Maybe it's the darker tones, but it seems more practical than a lot of the other supersuits on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Neither does hourman's.

So, from the little I remembered of Eclipso, I fully expected by the end that most of the JSA would be infected (especially Wildcat, due to her guilt over killing Brainwave), and Courtney would have to save them. I like the idea that Eclipso instead wants to corrupt and possess Courtney, which would leave it up to the others to save her.

Incredible Member

This was a transition episode in which they were setting up the final conclusion. Well, at least it feels like the final conclusion.
    At least for the season.

It was nice to see Mike and Jakeem together, they both need each other. They are both marginalized kids, even if Mike isn't going
    to manning the thunder, he could help a little.

It would make sense that Rex would make notes, because that is what scientists were supposed to do as they experiment. That Rick
    seemed to understand them, was nice too. I also like that Rick goes on his own voyage of discovery, rather than Charles/Chuck
    McNider solving the problem for him.

I've never liked the Cindy character, watching her push Yolanda's buttons was annoying. But I suppose it was supposed to be played this way.
    But I could see Yolanda coming back, to try and protect the team.

The whole superhero-who-has-secret-dark-side-which-I-will-reveal bit is a little lame. Hopefully, it will be more than simply watching Courtney
    wrestle with her dark side. Because we all know how that will work itself out. I mean how dark can someone as sweet as Courtney really be?
    I liked the scene between Barbara and Courtney, it was a sweet moment.
    I enjoyed seeing the two Dr. Mid-nites (I'm going with the old spelling) together. Beth is overjoyed to have a mentor, friend she can talk to about things.
    Charles/Chuck McNider had this gentle, kind, encouraging demeanor with her.

The whole episode, the whole season, has been building for next week. I'm really not sure how it will all work. But Eclipso, as always, is dangerous.

Maybe Buddy runs wild at times because no one feeds him. But don't pee on the cosmic rod, Buddy, I don't think it will be well received.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 10-27-2021 at 09:34 AM.

I like the costumes just fine and I think Dr. McNider looked great in his Mid-Nite suit...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Doctor McNider looks good for someone who's been active since 1941. I'm guessing this show uses the same rule as Doom Patrol where metas are ageless.

It hurts to see Yolanda being broken over what's she done. At least she's back even if the circumstances ain't ideal.

Incredible Member

I forgot the All Star Squadron where a bunch of JSAers are thrown off into outer space then as a result have aging limited.
    That becomes a way to explain why they are all in great shape, while their contemporaries are dead.
    If we want the characters, they are going to be there.
    People remain attached to the OG JSA. I'll raise my hand to that as well.
    But yes McNider looked good in his suit, both costume, and tailored.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Doctor McNider looks good for someone who's been active since 1941. I'm guessing this show uses the same rule as Doom Patrol where metas are ageless.

It hurts to see Yolanda being broken over what's she done. At least she's back even if the circumstances ain't ideal.
    I think they explained time passed differently in the Shadowlands although I forget if that means it's less time there than outside or the reverse.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like the costumes just fine and I think Dr. McNider looked great in his Mid-Nite suit...
    Yeah, but you thought Johnny Thunder looked great, too.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?