Page 14 of 187 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Did Pat want to move there because of the Injustice Society. Because both his family and the villains ending up ion a small Nebraska town only by chance is just too hard to swallow.
    It makes sense for that reason with Pat.

But how did Hourman’s son get there?

Intermediary

we seem to be getting SportsMaster at some point, thats cool

YJ showed SportsMaster could be a legit threat, hopefully this show can do the same

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Is James Robinson really going to be writing for the show? I'll 100% stick around if he is. He's one of my favourite writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Is James Robinson really going to be writing for the show? I'll 100% stick around if he is. He's one of my favourite writers.
    I think he was involved with the production to some extent, I'm not sure if it was as a writer or producer...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Did Pat want to move there because of the Injustice Society. Because both his family and the villains ending up ion a small Nebraska town only by chance is just too hard to swallow.
    Everything implies the villains control the town. Especially the social hierarchy at the school. I think the teacher the seated Courtney was Tigress. Seems kind of dangerous to move your family to a town you think a bunch of super-villains are.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Everything implies the villains control the town. Especially the social hierarchy at the school. I think the teacher the seated Courtney was Tigress. Seems kind of dangerous to move your family to a town you think a bunch of super-villains are.
    That was definitely her. Tigress is the girls phy ed instructor. I wonder if Tigress and Sportsmaster have a daughter at the school named Artemis?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That was definitely her. Tigress is the girls phy ed instructor. I wonder if Tigress and Sportsmaster have a daughter at the school named Artemis?
    I thought one of those girls was Artemis. I think an actress was confirmed to be playing her...

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Wonderful start. Courtney and Pat were well cast.

My theory is that after the battle Dr. Fate popped in and whisk away his JSA teammates to Ragnarok to regroup and heal.
    Since time works differently there. Instead of a few days pasting for the JSA, its been 10 years.
    In a bit that plays off "The Last Days of the Justice Society of America Special".

LastDaysJSA.jpg

Astonishing Member

That makes sense. Based on what someone else said above, it does seem that Shade was actually saving Dr. Mid-Nite, so he may be the first JSA member to come back.

As weird as it is to think of the Golden Age of Superheroes as being just one generation away from present day, that does simplify things for the sake of this show. That opening was pretty awesome...in a "Did they break their budget?" kind of way. I'll keep my expectations low in terms of super powered battles and CGI mech suits. If this show stays true to its comic book roots, it'll be more character focused and about family dynamics anyway.

Speaking of which, I debated on whether or not to re-read Stars and STRIPE before this, but I didn't get around to it. Biggest change I'm wondering about (aside from none of the Knights being around) is the possibility of Courtney being somehow related to Sylvester and the mystery of her father. Unless they are purposely playing up that mystery and are going to pull a Rey on her (Rey from Last Jedi not Rise of Skywalker). But that begs the question of why the cosmic rod has bonded with her.

I'm also wondering how big a role Mike is going to have. His behavioral problems got him sent to reform school in the comics until he returned and Pat revealed he wanted Mike to be his successor as STRIPE rather than take on the role of Star Spangled Kid. And was that Merry or Maxine in the beginning flashback?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm not sure they will be allowed to use Alan Scott. I know he's different, but with a Green Lantern show coming out, they may not want to 'confuse the audience'.
    If anything, Flash is more confusing to the general audience. Bring on Alan Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I was hoping for more James Robinson's JSA (1999).
    I don't want this show to get too cramped with characters. I mean, it's cool how ambitious it is with all the characters and history, but if you've got heroes and villains and their kids and their legacy characters, they won't be able to do justice to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

If anything, Flash is more confusing to the general audience. Bring on Alan Scott!
    I don't know that they'll do either one. This is a show for a general audience. Most people on the street know who the Flash is. He's the guy in the red suit who runs fast. In other words, the one from the Flash TV show. Compare this to a team from the early forties that most people don't know anything about. This is a new experiment in a way. You're selling an older generation of heroes to a younger generation. When people see a Flash with a pot on his head, or a Green Lantern in a cape, they are going to be a bit confused. This will require a bit more explanation for a general audience than your typical super-hero show for the "normals".
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

As weird as it is to think of the Golden Age of Superheroes as being just one generation away from present day, that does simplify things for the sake of this show. That opening was pretty awesome...in a "Did they break their budget?" kind of way. I'll keep my expectations low in terms of super powered battles and CGI mech suits. If this show stays true to its comic book roots, it'll be more character focused and about family dynamics anyway.

Speaking of which, I debated on whether or not to re-read Stars and STRIPE before this, but I didn't get around to it. Biggest change I'm wondering about (aside from none of the Knights being around) is the possibility of Courtney being somehow related to Sylvester and the mystery of her father. Unless they are purposely playing up that mystery and are going to pull a Rey on her (Rey from Last Jedi not Rise of Skywalker). But that begs the question of why the cosmic rod has bonded with her.

I'm also wondering how big a role Mike is going to have. His behavioral problems got him sent to reform school in the comics until he returned and Pat revealed he wanted Mike to be his successor as STRIPE rather than take on the role of Star Spangled Kid. And was that Merry or Maxine in the beginning flashback?

I don't want this show to get too cramped with characters. I mean, it's cool how ambitious it is with all the characters and history, but if you've got heroes and villains and their kids and their legacy characters, they won't be able to do justice to all of them.
    That was Mary at the beginning.

Rather than be the new friend Courtney meets in Blue Valley like in the comics. Here she’s Courtneys friend growing up from childhood. For the show it seems the new JSA teens becomes her friends in Blue Valley

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

He would do nothing 99% of the time due to budgetary concerns, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't know that they'll do either one. This is a show for a general audience. Most people on the street know who the Flash is. He's the guy in the red suit who runs fast. In other words, the one from the Flash TV show. Compare this to a team from the early forties that most people don't know anything about. This is a new experiment in a way. You're selling an older generation of heroes to a younger generation. When people see a Flash with a pot on his head, or a Green Lantern in a cape, they are going to be a bit confused. This will require a bit more explanation for a general audience than your typical super-hero show for the "normals".
    But if the Flash they know is from the tv show, wouldn't they already be aware of Jay Garrick from that same show?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    But if the Flash they know is from the tv show, wouldn't they already be aware of Jay Garrick from that same show?
    Depends on how many episodes they've watched. They'll probably name all of these characters eventually, along with explaining the backstory. It may just take a little more explaining than a standard superhero backstory. I doubt any of them are actually dead outside of Starman. The villains probably have them stashed somewhere
    Assassinate Putin!