Page 164 of 187 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2791
    Incredible Member

On a podcast called Tomorrow will be Televised, Johns said before the first episode released we're going to see villains/characters that haven't been advertised. Becky is surely one because she is Hazard in Infinity Inc comics. Helix was teased as something that wanted to figure out Todd's powers, so I can see her and other minor Infinity Inc/JSA characters like Chroma being connected to Helix for the same reason (if they aren't just staff instead). And last episode Courtney said she wants to find Becky which could officially weave in Helix into the storyline.

As for theories for the killer, most of the ISA and Shiv definitely aren't it (at least under their own volition..) because they are being thrown around as suspects too early in the season. Makes for good drama/distrust to drag out for like 6 episodes though.

Syl coming back wrong because of Helix/Bones and being the killer seems to be a pretty common theory from what I've seen. And I get why people would think that, he's been acting fairly aggressively and unhinged, though I think his behavior could be explained away pretty easily (survivor's guilt, rightfully wondering why his teammates killers are running around). But trust seems to be a big theme of the season, and Pat (and Courtney by extension) trust him a lot and have no reason to suspect him yet.

Todd being the killer via manipulation or forced to by Bones is a common theory too for similar reasons. They trust Jennie and would probably trust him by extension, and Courtney trusting him only for him to do something horrible would be in contrast against Courtney not originally trusting Jennie despite her being nice. Also this is Johns and Robinson we're talking about, they're the ones who wrote Todd's villain storyline in the comics in the first place, surely they can't resist doing it here either.

I see Ultra Humanite a surprising amount too, probably as a leftover from when Syl coming back was first teased and also just plain wishful thinking lol. Though "the killer has many names" DOES make sense for Ultra Humanite when everybody who's anybody on the show has a minimum of two names...

Incredible Member

This is probably the "strangest" superhero show I've watched.

The Crocks have already been mentioned. 2 murderous villains just living their best lives pumping iron and baking cakes.

Teen JSA taking in Cindy (reluctantly, but still), so why not Artemis?

The Thunderbolt has to be the most useless device when it comes to being a hero but great for comic relief. Even when you try to cover all your bases with a wish, you still don't get the result you want. I wouldn't "wish" that power on anybody.

Hourman being besties with Grundy, even in death. Plus, his strength time is now unpredictable?

Becky's parents are now back in love because their daughter is a superhero? They were on the verge of divorce. I would think the average parent would be concerned but they seem to be pushing their daughter further into heroics. Kinda strange.

Too long since the last season, so I don't recall, but thought Wildcat was kinda done with heroics and was on bad terms with her family. Hopefully, we get a peek into her personal life soon to get the latest on that.

I'm lost at the motivation of finding "Who killed the Gambler?" as he was, um, villainous? I know they have us sympathetic due to the daughter angle, but I think more is needed to justify this investigation, because right now it's kinda like "so what". It comes across "let's do THIS because we really have NOTHING else to do beyond school". But being a small town, guess that's true.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    ...Syl coming back wrong because of Helix/Bones and being the killer seems to be a pretty common theory from what I've seen. And I get why people would think that, he's been acting fairly aggressively and unhinged, though I think his behavior could be explained away pretty easily (survivor's guilt, rightfully wondering why his teammates killers are running around). But trust seems to be a big theme of the season, and Pat (and Courtney by extension) trust him a lot and have no reason to suspect him yet.
    Helix being behind it would make a great deal of sense if Becky is one of their specials. They would not want somebody with Gambler's chops poking around in their servers.

Sylvester being the killer seems too obvious, but something is definitely wrong with him. Unless, of course, the point is to have Pat outgrow his nostalgic hero-worship and realized that Sly has not only behaved like a jerk lately, but that maybe he always was one, even back in the good ole days.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    I see Ultra Humanite a surprising amount too, probably as a leftover from when Syl coming back was first teased and also just plain wishful thinking lol. Though "the killer has many names" DOES make sense for Ultra Humanite when everybody who's anybody on the show has a minimum of two names...
    I had not considered that angle, but it would make a good bit of sense. I'm a big fan of UH (who I think never got used to his full potential, outside of Robinson's Golden Age, in order to preserve Luthor's place in DC's ecosphere).

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Teen JSA taking in Cindy (reluctantly, but still), so why not Artemis?
    Well, they haven't told her "no."
    The Thunderbolt has to be the most useless device when it comes to being a hero but great for comic relief. Even when you try to cover all your bases with a wish, you still don't get the result you want. I wouldn't "wish" that power on anybody.
    Imagine how hard it was being Johnny Thunder.
    Hourman being besties with Grundy, even in death. Plus, his strength time is now unpredictable?
    Eclipso broke his hourglass last season.
    Becky's parents are now back in love because their daughter is a superhero? They were on the verge of divorce. I would think the average parent would be concerned but they seem to be pushing their daughter further into heroics. Kinda strange.
    I think the idea is they've found something to invest in as a couple again, and that's their daughters' new extracurriculars.
    I'm lost at the motivation of finding "Who killed the Gambler?" as he was, um, villainous? I know they have us sympathetic due to the daughter angle, but I think more is needed to justify this investigation, because right now it's kinda like "so what". It comes across "let's do THIS because we really have NOTHING else to do beyond school". But being a small town, guess that's true.
    Courtney and Beth seemed to care the most about actually solving the case, although I guess Sylvester and Pt knew there would probably be more to it.

Please tell me "Level Up" is not gonna be this Season's "Running Gag".

It was cringy with The Flash and it is cringy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Please tell me "Level Up" is not gonna be this Season's "Running Gag".

It was cringy with The Flash and it is cringy now.
    I don't think we'll see it near as often as we did for The Flash.

Man, Sylvester is crazed. Kind of scary to watch.

Are they going for a subplot about everyone struggling with their powers? I could see Cindy and Rick's story converging and maybe Cameron's too, although Courtney doesn't have that problem at all since the staff does show loyalty to her.

I like the limit that the Thunderbolt can't grant the same wish twice, and that was a smart wish, but I wonder how it will pay off and if Mike and Jakeem can think of something else.

Paula is hilarious, she tries so hard to act like a normal person but is doing it through clenched teeth the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did you want to see the Gambler dancing to the background music? Well, there you go!
    I preferred the dog's dance from last season. He had better moves than Gambler.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sylvester and Courtney training was a cool sequence, but I kept thinking, "The Star-burst thing is cool, but what's the point of it?" I'm sure she'll end up using it at some point, but it doesn't seem like the most useful maneuver.
    And I kept thinking it's like that move Krypto can do in the Super Pets movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wonder who killed who during the battle.

Seems odd that Shade would try to teleport Mid-Nite out, but would kill Jay and Wesley.
    Do we think Shade directly killed Flash? I'm sure there's some wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Courtney said it herself. They have a killer on the loose. Said killer can kill again, maybe this time someone not so villainous, if they don't find and stop him first.

Astonishing Member

I wonder why the Feds haven't shown up and grabbed the star rod and Dr. Midnight goggles, hourglass, etc. for national security. When you had a full bore JSA, I could see why you wouldn't mess with a GL and Dr. Fate and Flash but some goofy teenagers?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I wonder why the Feds haven't shown up and grabbed the star rod and Dr. Midnight goggles, hourglass, etc. for national security. When you had a full bore JSA, I could see why you wouldn't mess with a GL and Dr. Fate and Flash but some goofy teenagers?
    I assume they have some kind of perpetual agreement with law enforcement (Pat mentioned someone would come up with an explanation for all the craziness in season 1 to Barbara, but he never explained who).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The simple answer is: this isn't that kind of show. (I think at most we'll get one line that hand-waves it away but this show isn't looking to address "real world" consequences of super-heroes)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-12-2022 at 10:47 AM.

I think the only time we've seen actual law enforcement is when they arrested Rick for beating up his uncle.

Retired

Becky Sharp is an absolute villain. I'm so fed up with the screen adaptations of VANITY FAIR that make her out to be some misunderstood heroine. She was an abusive mother to her young son, whose only crime was being born to a mother that didn't want him. She gets no sympathy from me.

What? Becky Sharpe? Oh. I'm sorry, never mind.

I hope if we get Hazard she's as fun as she is on The Flash .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope if we get Hazard she's as fun as she is on The Flash .
    I hope she at least gets a better fate than being killed and body-jacked by the Thinker.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I hope she at least gets a better fate than being killed and body-jacked by the Thinker.
    Yeah, agreed. I'm still amazed how bad a taste that left in my mouth.