Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 1345
  1. #541
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    In the comics, I always thought Dr. Midnight was relatively useless in costume--he was basically just the team doctor.

    Beth can always learn fighting and medicine, she is a meta but doesn't know it yet.

  2. #542
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    .

    And it will be interesting to see how things develop with Brainwave, Jr. Will he be with the ISA -- and later make a break and join the JSA?
    I think Jr will lean on being a hero initially but once he learns that Courtney put his dad in a coma he will go full villain.

  3. #543
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    I hope that isn't the case. Jr's villain history has always been a sad story. Revenge for putting his slimeball dad in a coma just sucks.

    And I'm looking forward to a possible him and whoever Jade will be.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

  4. #544
    Mighty Member LordMikel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    So do we know what Johnny Thunderbolt will look like in the series? Do you think they will make him normal looking to save on budget or go for something bigger?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

    Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

  5. #545
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Jr will lean on being a hero initially but once he learns that Courtney put his dad in a coma he will go full villain.
    I can't help but think we'll eventually see the remaining ISA kids banding together to go after Courtney's team out of revenge for their parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    So do we know what Johnny Thunderbolt will look like in the series? Do you think they will make him normal looking to save on budget or go for something bigger?
    Considering this show seems to go all out, I hope we get a fairly comic-accurate Thunderbolt .

  6. #546
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    In the comics, I always thought Dr. Midnight was relatively useless in costume--he was basically just the team doctor.

    Beth can always learn fighting and medicine, she is a meta but doesn't know it yet.
    What might have been interesting would be if she was a reverse Dougie Howzier, smart enough to graduate but held back by her parents for socialization

  7. #547
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,678

    Default

    Now that I think about it, couldn't the goggles resolve the issue of Courtney's parentage? Or the identities of the ISA? What is it actually limited in?

  8. #548
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, couldn't the goggles resolve the issue of Courtney's parentage? Or the identities of the ISA? What is it actually limited in?
    Yes it can. It probably won't because of plot convenience

  9. #549
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, couldn't the goggles resolve the issue of Courtney's parentage? Or the identities of the ISA? What is it actually limited in?
    The goggles are linked to the JSA databases. So, when they can't solve something, there's a very easy explanation for it: The information wasn't in the database. Of course, then we have questions like "Who put in the information about the deaths of the Tylers?" but maybe it's better not to overthink these things.

  10. #550
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    The goggles are linked to the JSA databases. So, when they can't solve something, there's a very easy explanation for it: The information wasn't in the database. Of course, then we have questions like "Who put in the information about the deaths of the Tylers?" but maybe it's better not to overthink these things.
    Then who's been updating the databases? Those googles was able to look up information that JSA database wouldn't have access to like how Tylers were murdered by Solomon Grundy.

  11. #551
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Then who's been updating the databases? Those googles was able to look up information that JSA database wouldn't have access to like how Tylers were murdered by Solomon Grundy.
    Maybe it has some kind of self-updating software on a hidden server and can only be accessed through the goggles...?

  12. #552
    Intermediary
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it has some kind of self-updating software on a hidden server and can only be accessed through the goggles...?
    built to be an autonomous knowledge base

    maybe when Courtney bought them home, they hooked into the wifi and updated?

  13. #553
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it has some kind of self-updating software on a hidden server and can only be accessed through the goggles...?
    Or maybe the AI is figuring things out itself.

  14. #554
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,723

    Default

    I imagine they will do more to justify Beth's role on the team other than potential blackmail or "she was able to make the goggles work." - whatever that means. All she did was put them on. It's not like Rick and his DnA being necessary to make it work.

  15. #555
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I imagine they will do more to justify Beth's role on the team other than potential blackmail or "she was able to make the goggles work." - whatever that means. All she did was put them on. It's not like Rick and his DnA being necessary to make it work.
    I can see Beth being the only one being able to handle all the info that the googles throws at her. Also, she'll treat the AI as a friend because no one else wants to be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •