Page 92 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2791
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Geez. This episode practically had more epilogues than Lord of the Rings. Let's try to cover them all:

2) Shiv finds Eclipso among The Wizard's things. ECLIPSO IN A SECOND-GENERATION JSA THING!? UH-OH! I mean, I kind of get where that might go. They're going to want a powerful magical entity to fight for when the Thunderbolt gets brought in next season, so he and Jakeem have a worthy opponent. But still: BETH! YOLANDA! RUN!

Don't worry, the showrunners/writers decided to kill not only the wizard who was turning against the IJSA, but the son too (I should say sons, since the wizard kid and brainwave kid were merked). Now the new hourman can play punch punch with cosmic/mystical powers!

I'm reminded of a magneto diss of wolverine where he is working with the xmen in x2 to get into a base, wolverine pulls out his claws when they get to a giant metal door and magneto asks him what are you going to do? Scratch it with your claws?

And then the real power proceeds to get stuff done while logan plays brawler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPLi3PJO0qg

But let me stop there, the last time my contempt for both wolverine and the affinity he has among the populace was expressed and unleashed I was suspended. Suffice it to say a lot of people seem content with that level of specialness and have little desire to see more.

It's why legion was such a welcome reprieve from the mundane.

I hope they play up Eclipso's ability to tap into a person's dark side. I believe if they then submit to their darker impulses, they fall into Eclipso's control.

That's a lot more interesting to me than just ambiguously strong, magical entity.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Don't worry, the showrunners/writers decided to kill not only the wizard who was turning against the IJSA, but the son too (I should say sons, since the wizard kid and brainwave kid were merked). Now the new hourman can play punch punch with cosmic/mystical powers!

I'm reminded of a magneto diss of wolverine where he is working with the xmen in x2 to get into a base, wolverine pulls out his claws when they get to a giant metal door and magneto asks him what are you going to do? Scratch it with your claws?

And then the real power proceeds to get stuff done while logan plays brawler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPLi3PJO0qg

But let me stop there, the last time my contempt for both wolverine and the affinity he has among the populace was expressed and unleashed I was suspended. Suffice it to say a lot of people seem content with that level of specialness and have little desire to see more.

It's why legion was such a welcome reprieve from the mundane.
    Agreed. Many times it seems as we are just happy a comic show is been made and don't want to criticize bad concepts, bad writing, and poor execution. I'd like to see the legion director take on a another marvel character/concept. I wil lsay I think this is as good as this show will get...I do not have much faith in the cw production doing it justice on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Agreed. Many times it seems as we are just happy a comic show is been made and don't want to criticize bad concepts, bad writing, and poor execution. I'd like to see the legion director take on a another marvel character/concept. I wil lsay I think this is as good as this show will get...I do not have much faith in the cw production doing it justice on a regular basis.
    Obviously not every decision made will be satisfactory and I do have my issues with this show but I think it's going a shade too far to act like the deaths of Joey and Henry were bad writing. Especially as their deaths did have purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    You can justify it however you want with random comic books...but going by the power levels in the show hourman got owned by sportsmaster a few episodes earlier so for him to beat grundy didnt add up...and justifying the bad cgi on grundy by saying its the best looking grundy is pretty low bar for being entertained...this cgi looks late 1990s bad and they could have done a better job especially on the face. From those pages the writers apparently made the black superman a wimp....which isnt cool on many levels.
    But when Sportsmaster fought Rick he actually fought. Grundy didnt, he just stood there and took it. Even when Rick PLEADED with him to fight back henjust had a sorry, guilty, docile look on his face. It was the plot point as to why Rick stopped pounding him.

None of the battle between Rick and Grundy has any bearing on Grundy's power level since he didnt employ it out of guilt.

As for the CGi, given the low budget of the show, the fact that mostnof the effects throughout were only green screen, wire work, and stunt co-oreinated by a team with a reputation for bringing in good stunts on a budget (because they did the fight coreography for the John Wick movies on a very tight budget) anyone expecting good CGI was boundnto be disapointed. They clearly never did more than a few minutes CGI per episode for eps 2-12. On top of which we'd seen what the CGI fir Grundy looked like in 4 episodes already, what made you think it was going to change?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Brainwave's a sadist. He wanted to torture Yolanda using his son's image, but he also completely failed to understand his son once again which is how Yolanda figured him out. He might also not have had his full power from using the machine.
    He might also have still been partially in a way that his effect on non fully developed brains was limited. Remember he was trying to find out where thenothers were. Maybe he ability to read minds at that time was limited.

As you say the machine may have weakened him, or he might have had to save his TP for it.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    But when Sportsmaster fought Rick he actually fought. Grundy didnt, he just stood there and took it. Even when Rick PLEADED with him to fight back henjust had a sorry, guilty, docile look on his face. It was the plot point as to why Rick stopped pounding him.

None of the battle between Rick and Grundy has any bearing on Grundy's power level since he didnt employ it out of guilt.

As for the CGi, given the low budget of the show, the fact that mostnof the effects throughout were only green screen, wire work, and stunt co-oreinated by a team with a reputation for bringing in good stunts on a budget (because they did the fight coreography for the John Wick movies on a very tight budget) anyone expecting good CGI was boundnto be disapointed. They clearly never did more than a few minutes CGI per episode for eps 2-12. On top of which we'd seen what the CGI fir Grundy looked like in 4 episodes already, what made you think it was going to change?
    Honestly, compared to other TV shows, the CG on STRIPE and Grundy was pretty great in my opinion.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I hope they play up Eclipso's ability to tap into a person's dark side. I believe if they then submit to their darker impulses, they fall into Eclipso's control.

That's a lot more interesting to me than just ambiguously strong, magical entity.
    Eclipso can process Yolena and use her killing of Brainwave to gain the mental leverage to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Eclipso can process Yolena and use her killing of Brainwave to gain the mental leverage to do so?
    It would be interesting if we begin to see a toll on these children having to face life and death decisions and become warriors and encounter death on the regular when they're still in high school. Using Eclipso to bring that out would be interesting. Or maybe that's what the Shade will do ...?

Mighty Member

Rick should have killed Grundy Zombie lives don’t matter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Obviously not every decision made will be satisfactory and I do have my issues with this show but I think it's going a shade too far to act like the deaths of Joey and Henry were bad writing. Especially as their deaths did have purpose.
    You know what this is about? Who people identify with and have an affinity for. I remember seeing a gay themed movie awhile back that had a gay and straight guy as the main protagonists. Towards the end of the movie the gay friend died and in the director commentary there was a split reaction. Most people were fine with the movie and the plot, but most gay people were not. They identified more with the gay character and saw that as the person they were along the journey for. So it hit harder when the character they were more invested in was snuffed out.

This applies in comics and tv shows and movies. I favor the characters that have more flashy powers. In Xmen I liked storm more than wolverine or cyclops and even gambit, because I thought her power was way cooler and more impressive. This will obviously not scale to everyone, we are getting into the nature of preference and how that impacts perceptions of the same show. But for me, since I like seeing magic and telekinetic mental powers, losing those on the team was a much bigger hit, just like gay viewers losing the gay character while most of the straight watchers were like who cares, I'm good!

I imagine the people who love the wolverines of the world and favor the punching and kicking and mma extreme over tk powers or magic characters did not bat as much of an eye at the loss as I did.

That is one of the virtues of games, these intersections of preference and identity don't have to be zero sum, people can choose what they prefer. It's also why it's generally a good thing that media tries to expand the types of characters and identities that are depicted, since more people with a broader range of preferences get something that appeals to them. (conversely, when people who are used to getting most media content depicted in a way that caters to their preferences have more stuff show up that is designed to cater to other groups, this causes a great deal of bitterness in a lot of people [see a large chunk of the reaction to star trek discovery])

I'm just salty that what appealed more to me was just gutted like a throwaway star trek red shirt.
    Last edited by Sammael; 08-11-2020 at 06:08 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Honestly, compared to other TV shows, the CG on STRIPE and Grundy was pretty great in my opinion.
    Agreed. We're not talking about a 250-million-dollar movie. As was the case with the entire season, I was happy with the CGI.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I suppose he's going to regret sparing his life when he rejoins the new Injustice Society.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It would be interesting if we begin to see a toll on these children having to face life and death decisions and become warriors and encounter death on the regular when they're still in high school. Using Eclipso to bring that out would be interesting. Or maybe that's what the Shade will do ...?
    I think the only kid who is in a bad state mentally from it is Yolanda because she actually killed someone. Even Rick seems to be in a much better place and Beth is just depressed she lost her best friend.

I am kind of curious if the kids are going to do anything now that the ISA have been beaten. Probably not a lot of crime to fight in Blue Valley otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    To be honest, I was thinking to myself why they were debating killing Grundy when technically he's already dead, but it seems like Grundy's sentient enough to feel pain so it might be a little more complicated than that.

Yeah they both looked greet.
    And of all the one on one showdowns actually loved seeing the battle between them (despite it essentially being all cg) it looked terrific for TV.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-11-2020 at 07:29 PM.