Page 36 of 187 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

A great adaption so far. I'm enjoying it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Where are people watching this before it airs Tuesday on the CW?
    This is a DC Universe show. The CW wouldn't be able to afford the money that was put into this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Honestly I don't think the measures Rex took would have really kept Rick safe if Icicle really wanted him dead. Midnite glasses found out who he really was. Icicle would have similar resources at his disposal.
    I have to imagine the ISA's intelligence network wasn't as extensive as the JSA's otherwise they would have known by now that Pat Dugan was really Stripesy.

It seems like Rex got caught looking into them and they also figured out Wendy was his wife, and knew too much. They just didn't know they had a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Seems the All-Star Squadron and Freedom Fighters existed/exist on this world since Red Bee's file lists him as being a member of both.
    All-Star Squadron tracks with Shining Knight being the Janitor .

Thanks for the info. Yeah, the FX are above par.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

The Dr Mid-Nite goggles are awesome.

I got to thinking, while the glasses said that McNider lived until 2010 I can't imagine he was still active as Doctor Midnite. It seems more plausible that McNider retired and stayed on as the tech and Pieter Cross was the active Midnite that got killed by the ISA.

I got to thinking, while the glasses said that McNider lived until 2010 I can't imagine he was still active as Doctor Midnite. It seems more plausible that McNider retired and stayed on as the tech and Pieter Cross was the active Midnite that got killed by the ISA.
    I think they would have mentioned if there had been any interim JSA legacies, since Pat's argument for not looking for successors would hold even less weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they would have mentioned if there had been any interim JSA legacies, since Pat's argument for not looking for successors would hold even less weight.
    It's hard for me to believe he was still an active superhero at 96 years old.

Incredible Member

This is a DC Universe show. The CW wouldn't be able to afford the money that was put into this show.
    they showed the series on the cw and is part of the arrowverse , as their new 'earth-2' after the arrowverse coie. i wouldn't be surprised if the flash will crossover at some point after the stargirl series settled down

Mighty Member

I would agree but having half the JSA dozing off at meetings makes the ISA massacre a lot more plausible. Killing Jay Garrick at 96 would be a lot more plausible than a middle aged much less a young one.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I would agree but having half the JSA dozing off at meetings makes the ISA massacre a lot more plausible. Killing Jay Garrick at 96 would be a lot more plausible than a middle aged much less a young one.
    I think we're just supposed to assume it's like the comics where the heroes all aged phenomenally.

Either that or Johnny used the Thunderbolt to keep the JSA relatively youthful to keep fighting the good fight.

Am I the only one disappointed that this episode wasn't called "The Mid-Nite Hour"? Rick's story was more compelling to me than Beth's, I think. The Mid-Nite goggles and the Charles McNider AI is cool and all, but I don't buy Beth as a superhero. Even with her usefulness, wouldn't that just make her a "Guy in the Chair" Oracle-type character finding them info from somewhere safe? It's not like Felicity Smoak ever donned a costume.

That said, I like that Rick and his uncle have a poor relationship, the fact that the hourglass only works with his DNA (but why didn't it glow when Courtney was waving it in front of him?), and the fact that he's out for vengeance rather than wanting to be a hero. Lot of potential character development there.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    - Also on Twitter, I saw that some people are really excited to see Artemis Crock do something. I thought that was kind of strange until I remembered that the Young Justice cartoon was something that people were really into.
    I was excited too. Maybe she could take Green Arrow and/or Speedy's place if they're going to do a Seven Soldiers thing?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    And so the Princess (Stargirl) having recruited the Outcast (Wildcat), the Brain (Dr. Midnight) and the Delinquent (Hourman), the team is just an Athlete (possibly Brainwave Jr.) away from becoming The Breakfast Club of America! Okay, okay, I kid! But who'd have thought that a combination of Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. and Infinity Inc. would be the best foundation for basically the DC equivalent of X-Men: Evolution? Think about it. You know it's true.
    Ah yes, X-Men Evolution was Breakfast Club-like. But considering how blatant Teen Titans Go! was about it, I'd say they are probably the DC equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Courtney attempting to take back Hourman's hourglass when Rick went full James Hurley 'sentient form of all the angst in this town"- I love these kinds of characters.
    Who can blame you? James was always cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't see Jade joining any time soon, if only because she would probably require a fair bit of CGI.
    I'd be okay if Jade only has green hair.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    The only problem I have with this show is the title, why naming it Stargirl while it is clearly a Justice Society story?
    Maybe they originally pitched it as Stargirl (or even Stars and S.T.R.I.PE.) with the possible idea of having JSA legacy characters come in later, but as they were developing the show, they decided it best to have those characters as part of the main cast from Day One.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're just supposed to assume it's like the comics where the heroes all aged phenomenally.

Either that or Johnny used the Thunderbolt to keep the JSA relatively youthful to keep fighting the good fight.
    Or they were trapped in Ragnarok for a period of time.

All-New Member

So was Courtney's red shirt with yellow and green an Easter Egg for Alan Scott or foreshadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Am I the only one disappointed that this episode wasn't called "The Mid-Nite Hour"? Rick's story was more compelling to me than Beth's, I think. The Mid-Nite goggles and the Charles McNider AI is cool and all, but I don't buy Beth as a superhero. Even with her usefulness, wouldn't that just make her a "Guy in the Chair" Oracle-type character finding them info from somewhere safe? It's not like Felicity Smoak ever donned a costume.
    Yeah, on-paper Beth is the least qualified to be Superheroing. Courtney and Yolanda at least have the physical experience to translate to fighting crime, and Rick has super-strength for an hour, but Beth just has some hi-tech goggles and Mid-Nite's gadgets which can only take you so far.
    That said, I like that Rick and his uncle have a poor relationship, the fact that the hourglass only works with his DNA (but why didn't it glow when Courtney was waving it in front of him?), and the fact that he's out for vengeance rather than wanting to be a hero. Lot of potential character development there.
    Maybe she forgot to flip it over...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder if Dr Mid-Nite's holograms are the closest we'll get to seeing GL constructs. (although, it was good to see the Lantern show signs of life for the first time. I'm hoping to see Jade as the GL legacy character when they get around to it)
    Jade is the Infinity Inc. member I'm most interesting in seeing -- but they will probably link her much more closely to the lantern than she was in comics.

In the comics, I liked Wildcat II and Hourman II (once he lost the garish purple pajamas), but Dr. Mid-Nite II never made much of an impression. Dr. Mid-Nite III was an improvement. I wish that they hadn't made Beth the typical nerd on the CW DC shows. Without any physical skills, she's a liability.

I'd still like to see Hec and Lyta, but if we don't, I'll be happy with Jade and Obsidian -- they are kinda DC's version of Cloak and Dagger.

And it will be interesting to see how things develop with Brainwave, Jr. Will he be with the ISA -- and later make a break and join the JSA?