Page 19 of 187 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Beside the first three recruits, coming right out of the later joiners of Infinity Inc.
    Anyone one else get the TV show is taking some further character cues from Infinity Inc.
    As we see Henry King Jr. (Brainwave Jr.), having issues with Yolanda(soon to be Wildcat) and played as an antagonist to her.

If they follow the beats here, if he turns on his father, and eventually joins the team as Brainwave Jr., that same antagonism set-up and mistrust will probably remain between Yolanda and Henry King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Last edited by Güicho; 05-28-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe every member was present though. No Jay Garrick, no Johnny Thunder, I don't recall Dr. Fate, and they had to set up the show. I'm sure we will find out more as the show continues.
    Pat stated in ep 2 Johnny Thunder died that night.
    We also saw Jay's Helmet.

Brainwave was powerful enough to face the JSA solo many times.

In All Star Comics 15, 17, and 30 he fought the team solo. Alan wasnt a member in 15 and 17 but was in 30 and Fate was half helm. Spectre was a member in 15 and BW even fought him with his brain constructs.

In All Star Squadron 19 he took down a JSA without Alan and Spectre (though we were told on 20 he had TP made spec sense a threat elsewhere before)

In All Star 58 he took down Alan and full helmet Fate with a mental construct from actoss the planet.

Theres also the upgrade the wizard got briefly in the SA when he wore that jewel around his neck and a green cloak. In the JLA/JSA cross over he was quite freakin ubber.

Grundy had also been a threat to the team on his own a few times.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post

In All Star Comics 15, 17, and 30 he fought the team solo. Alan wasnt a member in 15 and 17 but was in 30 and Fate was half helm. Spectre was a member in 15 and BW even fought him with his brain constructs.

In All Star Squadron 19 he took down a JSA without Alan and Spectre (though we were told on 20 he had TP made spec sense a threat elsewhere before)

In All Star 58 he took down Alan and full helmet Fate with a mental construct from actoss the planet.

Theres also the upgrade the wizard got briefly in the SA when he wore that jewel around his neck and a green cloak. In the JLA/JSA cross over he was quite freakin ubber.

You said this before and like I said before that is way too powerful for Stargirl and the junior JSA to take on.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    You said this before and like I said before that is way too powerful for Stargirl and the junior JSA to take on.
    I think the way it played out in episode 2 made sense in character. Courtney's cosmic staff has always protected her from mind control. It worked to do that once in stars and stripes when kids were getting mind controlled and also a few times in JSA (like when Obsidian was controlling the JSA and her staff freed Hourman 1 million)

So her being totally dominated by Henry King at the open house and then standing her ground with the staff made sense to me.

If this was written as the youngsters go up against the ISA as a team I whole heartedly agree. Those jnrs that we know are going to be a part of this series wouldnt stand a chance vs the ISA as a team.

I beleive what we are going to see is more like ep 2. A few of the big guns taken down solo before we build to a full on team battle at the end. I dont see the likes of the Gambler, Sportsmaster, Icicle, Tigress, Fiddler and Dragon king as much of a threat without BE, Wizard, Grundy and (if he is indeed a part) Shade there to back their play.

So I think we'll see courntney or her with the Jnr JSA tske out those big guns one at a time before we see a grand battle at the end of the season with who's left.

The line in ep 2 where she asks Pat "who's next" leads me to that conclusion anyway.

I just think people are being harsh saying that the ISA line up wasnt powerful enough to take down the JSA. The comic versions definitely had the chops to do so without plot against their side. They have certainly been set up as a pretty imposing opponent so far.
    Last edited by beatboks; 05-28-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post

Jay Garrick was not there, it was stated by the stargirl aftershow podcast by one of the people who works on the show. All we saw was his helmet.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I am not a fan of the New Dr MidNights costume at all. It looks to heavy. How does she even move in that thing?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Jay Garrick was not there, it was stated by the stargirl aftershow podcast by one of the people who works on the show. All we saw was his helmet.
    That seems a bit weird.

Why show the helmet at all if not to imply that he was there in person? The first thought I had on seeing it was that Jay must be there and lost his helmet during the battle. I can see stating that he managed to escape without the helmet if they want to use the character in the present since we never see a body, but not why his helmet would be at the HQ in the first place if Jay wasn't.

That was extremely reckless of Courtney looking around for Brainwave like that. Given how he could easily figure out their secrets, I figured he would be taken out quickly. At least this not only leaves room for his return but it also gives his son motivation to take his place.

STRIPE looked awesome, and they even had him out in broad daylight. I am very much anticipating a fight between him and Solomon Grundy.

They mentioned the Knights! Woo-hoo!

There are so many characters on this show. I'm not familiar with this Gambler? Is he anything like Roulette? I am hoping they will at some point introduce her and her connection to Mr. Terrific/Terry Sloane.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- I doubt it means much, but Pat kept telling Courtney Starman wasn't her father, but when they're fighting and she says "My dad was 15 when you met him." He says, "That was different" rather than correct her.
    If Courtney is Sylvester's daughter, I hope Pat doesn't know it. Because him marrying Sylvester's ex is...kinda weird.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The actor playing Alan Scott is kinda scrawny, IMHO. I know not every superhero necessarily has a stocky built, but I think Green Lantern of the Golden Age needs to be more imposing.
    Presumably they'd recast him if we ever have Alan play a significant role.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Wonder if the TV version of Brainwave married Sly's sister Merry Girl of 1000 Gimmicks?

MerryGimmicks.jpg

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That was extremely reckless of Courtney looking around for Brainwave like that. Given how he could easily figure out their secrets, I figured he would be taken out quickly. At least this not only leaves room for his return but it also gives his son motivation to take his place.

STRIPE looked awesome, and they even had him out in broad daylight. I am very much anticipating a fight between him and Solomon Grundy.

There are so many characters on this show. I'm not familiar with this Gambler? Is he anything like Roulette? I am hoping they will at some point introduce her and her connection to Mr. Terrific/Terry Sloane.

If Courtney is Sylvester's daughter, I hope Pat doesn't know it. Because him marrying Sylvester's ex is...kinda weird.

Presumably they'd recast him if we ever have Alan play a significant role.
    It would only be weird if Pat knew about it when he fell for Courtney's mom, he seemed to be genuinely surprised to find out that Sylvester even had a daughter, so that imho makes it not weird at all, more perhaps like he's doing one last solid for his friend without even knowing it...kind of fitting...I could see Brainwave Jr not understand everything at first and fight for the bad guys before he realizes just how bad his father and his friends were and turns on them, and antagonists can often turn around into love interests if done right...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Wonder if the TV version of Brainwave married Sly's sister Merry Girl of 1000 Gimmicks?

MerryGimmicks.jpg
    I hope he did.

So Courtney ironically injured Starman’s brother-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    That seems a bit weird.

Why show the helmet at all if not to imply that he was there in person? The first thought I had on seeing it was that Jay must be there and lost his helmet during the battle. I can see stating that he managed to escape without the helmet if they want to use the character in the present since we never see a body, but not why his helmet would be at the HQ in the first place if Jay wasn't.
    Maybe Jay's trapped in the Speed Force?
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I had a big smile on my face when they mentioned Ted .
    His gimmick is he's a gambler who's good with pistols. He's not related to Roulette but he is related to Becky Sharpe/Hazard.
    I guess that's another reason why she won't end up really being Sylvester's daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

MerryGimmicks.jpg
    I assume the woman in the picture in Brainwave's secret lair is Marry.

Extraordinary Member

Poor Courtney. She’s going to eventually realize she’s not Starman’s daughter. But the kick in the pants will be her finding out that Junior is Starman’s nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Poor Courtney. She’s going to eventually realize she’s not Starman’s daughter. But the kick in the pants will be her finding out that Junior is Starman’s nephew.
    I think it's necessary to some degree, because it'll mean she'll have to find a proper motivation for being a hero other then because she thought her dad was a hero or out of a sense of needing payback for the Injustice Society killing him.

Besides, that seems like it's going to be Rick's motivation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's necessary to some degree, because it'll mean she'll have to find a proper motivation for being a hero other then because she thought her dad was a hero or out of a sense of needing payback for the Injustice Society killing him.

Besides, that seems like it's going to be Rick's motivation.
    Agreed on all counts. Character development 101.

Also, on the first episode it seemed the picture of her father in the locket DID look like Joel McHale.

But when I saw the picture again in Episode 2, it’s def not him.