Page 46 of 187 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Ok is everyone in the ISA a psycho? Was the Wizard killed because he was too sane?
    Is Gambler a psycho? He seems pretty professional and hasn't killed a kid yet. Unless poisoning a business partner is grounds to be called a "psycho."
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Did this show ever confirm that Fiddler's wife is Virtuoso?
    We don't really know much about her other then she was his wife and apparently inherited a (somewhat weaker) version of his skills. I don't know if they'll explicitly confirm she was a Supervillain partner of his as Virtuoso, but she may be a nod to that character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Gambler a psycho? He seems pretty professional and hasn't killed a kid yet. Unless poisoning a business partner is grounds to be called a "psycho."

We don't really know much about her other then she was his wife and apparently inherited a (somewhat weaker) version of his skills. I don't know if they'll explicitly confirm she was a Supervillain partner of his as Virtuoso, but she may be a nod to that character.
    Just because he hasn’t shown psycho tendencies yet doesn’t mean he doesn’t have them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wonder if Rick will get his future sight. The show is focus more on strength the hourglass gives him.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Just because he hasn’t shown psycho tendencies yet doesn’t mean he doesn’t have them.
    True, but just going off what we've seen so far he seems like just a professional criminal when compared to Brainwave and the Crocks.
    I wonder if Rick will get his future sight. The show is focus more on strength the hourglass gives him.
    Maybe if he keeps using the Miraclo.

So Artemis so far is a side character, athletic, but prone to violence. Considering who her parents are, makes sense. Curious to see where it goes with her. And weird seeing two villains like Tigress and Sportsmaster have a positive relationship, though its clear they are pushing Artemis.

And the dynamic here, seeing Pat wanting to keep the kids safe, but the kids wanting to step up to stop the ISA, makes a good conflict without being soap opera dramatic.

Ultimate Member

She could always end up hurting some innocent person and her parents be proud of her for it or not care or Icicle kills one of the other baddies and Artemis starts to view that as wrong or that things aren't right amongst the villains and end up splitting from them, or the constant pushing by her parents gets to much for her and she fights back somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So Artemis so far is a side character, athletic, but prone to violence. Considering who her parents are, makes sense. Curious to see where it goes with her. And weird seeing two villains like Tigress and Sportsmaster have a positive relationship, though its clear they are pushing Artemis.

And the dynamic here, seeing Pat wanting to keep the kids safe, but the kids wanting to step up to stop the ISA, makes a good conflict without being soap opera dramatic.
    Pat makes it clear that he doesn't have a choice. None of those kids are gonna give up the costumes so might as well work with what you got.

Was it...wrong of me to root for the bad guys this episode? It's a good thing they killed the coach in the beginning because I'd probably forget they were the bad guys. I mean, they care about littering and in their own way, they want what's best for Artemis. Actually, I was kind of hoping Wildcat would be able to hold her own against Tigress, but I really wanted Sportsmaster to take down Hourman. Rick is damaging way too many cars.

If they ever do a sequel to Her (the Spike Jonze film), they can call it Him and have it be about Beth falling for the AI in those goggles. As much as she may annoy others, it is sad that Beth gets brushed off by people like her parents and even last week with Courtney saying she doesn't even know her despite them sitting together at lunch.

I loved Courtney learning the lesson that Pat was trying to teach her in the beginning. He took all the JSA's stuff back! Except the Thunderbolt pen is still in Courtney's room. Say, you forgot something!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I hope they do something with Dr Mid-Nite's costume. I like that it didn't also just magically, or nano-tech itself to fit her, but now that they have some time, it just makes sense to tailor it. Hopefully the cape will be bulletproof or something, because she's the most physically vulnerable. Or unless Hootie shows up to be her bodyguard.
    I'm not seeing how they can make Beth into an actual functioning costumed superhero at this point. Courtney told Pat she's "Dr. Mid-Nite", so she's even taking the "Doctor" part of the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was nice to see Mike and Barbara bond. Courtney and Pat are growing closer while Barb and Mike are growing closer too. Will that lead to some family friction too or bring the Whitmore's all together?
    Mike lied about parents not coming to the science fair, and yet Barbara still showed up. I could see Mike resenting Pat for not doing the same and also taking more of an interest in Courtney's live than in his. Not that I want there to be friction, but I could see the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I just thought of a really dark twist. What if "Chuck" isn't really an AI of Charles McNider but this guy.
    That would be sad. Even if it isn't, it's possible they can bring Thinker in down the line by having him hijack and pose as Chuck and manipulate Beth in a future story.

I'm kinda hoping it's Johnny or Jessie Quick. I doubt the Flash is using the latter anymore.
    I keep wondering why they included Flash (and Hawkman and Hawkgirl for that matter) in the line-up if Courtney's goal is to find a successor to every member of the JSA. I know Jay Garrick is iconic, but they could've used Johnny Quick as part of the JSA, had him leave his Speed Formula, and then introduced Jesse as the one to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Hey, I remembered today that there actually is precedent for the original Tigress to be presented as a dangerously overbearing sports mom. Anyone remember the storyline from Young Justice (the comic, not the cartoon) where Cissie was competing in archery in the Australia Games and one of her opponents was Artemis Crock competing for Zandia? She tries to kill Cissie with a poisoned arrow so her daughter can win.
    Attachment 97893
    I do remember that. Huh, I guess I did know who Artemis was before the Young Justice cartoon and just forgot about her.

I was rolling at the end when Courtney was venting to Pat. Luke Wilson continues to shine! Yolanda was impressive in her fight with Tigress. The writers are really laying thick on the anger card with Rick and he is coming off more of a unlikable douche than a sympathetic figure. I think he will come around on Pat and Pat can be that father figure he has been searching for. Still my favorite DC show to date!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love the Gambler. Real dark web stuff. Time to go punch him in the face, Courtney.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-24-2020 at 05:47 AM.

Intermediary

would like a SportsMaster/Tigress spinoff

please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

I keep wondering why they included Flash (and Hawkman and Hawkgirl for that matter) in the line-up if Courtney's goal is to find a successor to every member of the JSA. I know Jay Garrick is iconic, but they could've used Johnny Quick as part of the JSA, had him leave his Speed Formula, and then introduced Jesse as the one to use it.
    I think Frontier brought it up before that the Hawks inclusion might setup Hector Hall being Doctor Fate. He's the only legacy the Hawks have outside of themselves reincarnating.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    would like a SportsMaster/Tigress spinoff

please and thank you
    I co-sign on all this and might give up a kidney...or one of my kids to make it happen.

Mike lied about parents not coming to the science fair, and yet Barbara still showed up. I could see Mike resenting Pat for not doing the same and also taking more of an interest in Courtney's live than in his. Not that I want there to be friction, but I could see the possibility.
    He didn't lie. He told them none of the kids parents would be there. That's why you had that bit before Beth got there with Mike regretting his decisions to tell them not to come as he was the only kid there who didn't have proud parents fawning over his science project.

Man those tri-boards give me nightmares of science fairs when I was in school. Probably would help if I didn't ever procrastinate like Mike but ah well.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 06-24-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Was it...wrong of me to root for the bad guys this episode? It's a good thing they killed the coach in the beginning because I'd probably forget they were the bad guys. I mean, they care about littering and in their own way, they want what's best for Artemis. Actually, I was kind of hoping Wildcat would be able to hold her own against Tigress, but I really wanted Sportsmaster to take down Hourman. Rick is damaging way too many cars.
    I think Yolanda held her own better then Rick did, but neither did as well as Courtney did.
    If they ever do a sequel to Her (the Spike Jonze film), they can call it Him and have it be about Beth falling for the AI in those goggles. As much as she may annoy others, it is sad that Beth gets brushed off by people like her parents and even last week with Courtney saying she doesn't even know her despite them sitting together at lunch.
    Yeah, Courtney and Yolanda are friends but it doesn't seem like Beth has become friends with the rest of the team yet. Which she desperately needs.
    I loved Courtney learning the lesson that Pat was trying to teach her in the beginning. He took all the JSA's stuff back! Except the Thunderbolt pen is still in Courtney's room. Say, you forgot something!
    Maybe he didn't think she'd be crazy enough to grab the Thunderbolt.
    I'm not seeing how they can make Beth into an actual functioning costumed superhero at this point. Courtney told Pat she's "Dr. Mid-Nite", so she's even taking the "Doctor" part of the name.
    Her mom is a doctor, so at least she has the pedigree?
    It would be weird to not have Jay Garrick and Alan Scott on the JSA together.

I am kind of wondering how they handle the Hawks and Fate though or if we get Hector as a dual successor to his parents and Fate.

Astonishing Member

I think Frontier brought it up before that the Hawks inclusion might setup Hector Hall being Doctor Fate. He's the only legacy the Hawks have outside of themselves reincarnating.
    I thought Northwind was also kind of a Hawk legacy. Personally, I'm hoping for Khalid Nassour as the new Dr. Fate, because he's pretty much the only Dr. Fate I ever really liked. But that might be just me.

Are we sure the goal is to have a legacy for every member? I'm sure there will be a new JSA after a while, but I'm not sure it'll be a one-to-one thing.