Page 70 of 187 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If Al Pratt/Atom had been included in this show, how do you imagine they might have retconned in a "talisman" or object of power that Courtney could bestow upon a new Atom the way Wildcat's costume, Hourman's hourglass and Dr Mid-Nite's goggles were key to their powers?

BTW, when McNider was Dr Mid-Nite, what was the AI in the goggles when he wore them??? I don't imagine it was himself.
    I think the talisman idea was just a way to introduce a few legacies quickly. It's my hope that in a secomd seasonnthere womt he then same rush and at least some of the characters introduced can have a more natural or "organic" development. Like maybe an actual inherited power.

Id say the AI was a late development. I mean obviously there couldnt have been an AI with access to a WWW of information in the 40s. So the way the goggles worked probably evolved over time

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post

best description yet of the 7 soldiers of victoy , robin hood, a knight , the cowboy from the villlage people. how would courtney know of the village people, it was way before her generation.
    Yes! 7 Soliders of Victory AND confirmation that Pat is old as hell!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm curious to know if there's a current Green Arrow on this new earth-2 if classic comic Ollie is a golden age character.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious to know if there's a current Green Arrow on this new earth-2 if classic comic Ollie is a golden age character.
    I would trust this show to do a more faithful take on Green Arrow then we got on Arrow but I'm kinda skeptical given they didn't outright name either him or Speedy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would trust this show to do a more faithful take on Green Arrow then we got on Arrow but I'm kinda skeptical given they didn't outright name either him or Speedy.
    What's a more faithful take...to the point where it doesn't become super cheese; arrow heroes were always problematic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    What's a more faithful take...to the point where it doesn't become super cheese; arrow heroes were always problematic to me.
    Goatee, quips...not Batman in a hood .

Astonishing Member

Very left-leaning political rants . . .

Fantastic Member

Yea like i think the JL cartoon did a great job with green arrow...but what your saying on a tv show I think can be nothing but super campy.

Mighty Member

Well Dragon King knows how to send a troublesome child to her room!

Mighty Member

I liked how Courtney discovered Icicle's secret identity involving that hot pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Beside the first three recruits, coming right out of the later joiners of Infinity Inc.
    Anyone one else get the TV show is taking some further character cues from Infinity Inc.
    As we see Henry King Jr. (Brainwave Jr.), having issues with Yolanda(soon to be Wildcat) and played as an antagonist to her.

If they follow the beats here, if he turns on his father, and eventually joins the team as Brainwave Jr., that same antagonism set-up and mistrust will probably remain between Yolanda and Henry King Jr.

Posted after the first episode.^

This is somewhat how it's playing out.
    Although sadly for Yolanda they are kind of flipping the script, and making her come off as the aggressor now, and sympathy spinning him as victim whose suffered the most.
    Although they are both in a tough place. I like Yolanda's feral defense of her friends, yet contrasted with what Courtney wants to achieve, not a great look for Yolanda'a character this episode, i'm afraid some viewers will turn on her.

Last edited by Güicho; 07-14-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

I missed the entire episode due to my local tv stations breaking in for bad weather, ah well at least the day isn't a total loss as I have a new great nephew, coming in at 9 pounds 13 ounces, and that was with him coming weeks early via c-section, his original due date wasn't for weeks but due to his mother being diabetic they upped the due date, otherwise he would have been more than 10 pounds by then...so now my oldest nephew and his wife are the proud parents of two kids, a 2 year old girl and their new son...

Posted after the first episode.^

This is somewhat how it's playing out.
    Although sadly for Yolanda they are kind of flipping the script, and making her come off as the aggressor now, and sympathy spinning him as victim whose suffered the most.
    Although they are both in a tough place. I like Yolanda's feral defense of her friends, yet contrasted with what Courtney wants to achieve, not a great look for Yolanda'a character this episode, i'm afraid some viewers will turn on her.

Way I saw it, and from how Henry acted, he got his own views of people being monsters, turned right back on him; he saw himself as the monster.

And now, Courtney's mom is gonna go, "Aw hell naw! You ain't doing this no more!"

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33
    I missed the entire episode due to my local tv stations breaking in for bad weather, ah well at least the day isn't a total loss as I have a new great nephew, coming in at 9 pounds 13 ounces, and that was with him coming weeks early via c-section, his original due date wasn't for weeks but due to his mother being diabetic they upped the due date, otherwise he would have been more than 10 pounds by then...so now my oldest nephew and his wife are the proud parents of two kids, a 2 year old girl and their new son...
    Congrats!

So the minute the ISA said “every fully developed mind” it became clear to me that they will succeed and only the new JSA will be able to fight back

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    So the minute the ISA said “every fully developed mind” it became clear to me that they will succeed and only the new JSA will be able to fight back
    Oh yeah, they might be unaffected by the machine. Suddenly the new JSA being teenagers makes sense...