Page 47 of 187 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I thought Northwind was also kind of a Hawk legacy. Personally, I'm hoping for Khalid Nassour as the new Dr. Fate, because he's pretty much the only Dr. Fate I ever really liked. But that might be just me.

Are we sure the goal is to have a legacy for every member? I'm sure there will be a new JSA after a while, but I'm not sure it'll be a one-to-one thing.
    Interestingly, there were no signs of the Atom on the Justice Society picture nor in flashbacks.

Then again what actor can portray Al Pratt in terms of physique?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Interestingly, there were no signs of the Atom on the Justice Society picture nor in flashbacks.

I keep forgetting Sandman was on the roster. I'm surprised Courtney didn't take his gun.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Red Tornado and Mister Terrific are missing too. I like to see Cyclone appear on the show if it gets a second season.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 06-24-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Red Tornado and Mister Terrific are missing too. I like to see Cyclone appear on the show if it gets a second season.
    Due to Arrow already using them, I doubt we’ll see both the old and modern Mr Terrific.

But I know other JSA characters were used in Arrowverse, like the Hawks or Stargirl herself. So we’ll see.

I definitely see Cyclone eventually showing up in some way.

Astonishing Member

I kind of meant that not every member who was shown may get a direct successor. They may contribute to the team's formation in other ways. Or they may have an indirect legacy (like, say, Northwind for Hawkman). Maybe even some of those villain kids will join.

I will go on record as saying this: they're going to go for more diversity where they can. The original JSA was a very white, very male group in a lot of ways. So far, they already made sure to go with the Wildcat and Dr. Mid-Nite successors who were women of color rather than Tommy Bronson or Pieter Cross. That's why I'm not just hoping for but betting on Khalid Nassour as being their Dr. Fate. Of the four or five Dr. Fates there have been, it's wise to choose the one with some North African Arab roots. Mind you, I'm in favor of this. The Justice Society of America should better reflect the people of America.

I kind of meant that not every member who was shown may get a direct successor. They may contribute to the team's formation in other ways. Or they may have an indirect legacy (like, say, Northwind for Hawkman). Maybe even some of those villain kids will join.

I will go on record as saying this: they're going to go for more diversity where they can. The original JSA was a very white, very male group in a lot of ways. So far, they already made sure to go with the Wildcat and Dr. Mid-Nite successors who were women of color rather than Tommy Bronson or Pieter Cross. That's why I'm not just hoping for but betting on Khalid Nassour as being their Dr. Fate. Of the four or five Dr. Fates there have been, it's wise to choose the one with some North African Arab roots. Mind you, I'm in favor of this. The Justice Society of America should better reflect the people of America.
    I could see them combining Khalid and Hector. I think we'll see legacies for all the established JSA in the tapestry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder if Rick will get his future sight. The show is focus more on strength the hourglass gives him.
    Same with Beth and the blackout bombs. I'm pretty sure she used these in Infinity Inc. Would give her a bit more defense -- even an offensive edge over most villains (other than ISA who would probably be prepared).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    would like a SportsMaster/Tigress spinoff

please and thank you
    The villains are so much better on this show than any of the Arrowverse shows. Tigress's costume and looks was more based on Tigress II (Artemis in JSA), but it works. I think Artemis will just remain a side character --- as he parent are both still very active as villains (there were mostly retired when Artemis took over her mom's job).

Astonishing Member

Are we sure the goal is to have a legacy for every member? I'm sure there will be a new JSA after a while, but I'm not sure it'll be a one-to-one thing.
    I kinda doubt we'll see a new Flash. We may see Jay return though and become part of the new team. There has been no mention of some famous JSA members, but I'd love to see Spectre -- perhaps he's been trapped in another dimension. I guess Power Girl would tip the scales too much in the JSA's favor, so we probably won't see here -- or even Fury (Lyta). The new team really needs at least one more male member to strike a better balance.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I kinda doubt we'll see a new Flash. We may see Jay return though and become part of the new team. There has been no mention of some famous JSA members, but I'd love to see Spectre -- perhaps he's been trapped in another dimension. I guess Power Girl would tip the scales too much in the JSA's favor, so we probably won't see here -- or even Fury (Lyta). The new team really needs at least one more male member to strike a better balance.
    Given how bad they are with speedsters, as much as I love me some Garrick as well as Jessie and Johnny Quick, I'd sooner they leave any speedsters out of things.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Given how bad they are with speedsters, as much as I love me some Garrick as well as Jessie and Johnny Quick, I'd sooner they leave any speedsters out of things.
    Honestly...with Johns onboard and how this show has been handling the powers/material so far, I'd give them a shot with at least one Speedster.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly...with Johns onboard and how this show has been handling the powers/material so far, I'd give them a shot with at least one Speedster.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Give me Jay! He doesn't even have to be active anymore. He can help Pat with training/mentoring, I just want Jay!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

All the JSA members that have been replaced so far, were sitting down on the group picture: Starman, Dr Mid-nite, Hourman, Wildcat and one more. Sandman, the easiest to use on a tv show budget.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-24-2020 at 03:53 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

All the JSA members that have been replaced so far, were sitting down on group picture: Starman, Dr Mid-nite, Hourman, Wildcat and one more. Sandman, the easiest to use on a tv show budget.
    Right and comparable power-wise to the show's star, who doesn't need to be dwarfed by a speedster or a power-ringed superhero.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

They've teased Jakeem and an Alan successor enough to where I have to imagine we'll get more heroes in a second season.