Page 133 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, really creepy effects.
    I wish Cindy wasn't playing this like the stereotypical cackling villainess. Is she angry and wants revenge or does she just delight in other's suffering?
    The two aren't mutually exclusive here I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The two aren't mutually exclusive here I think.
    I know, I just find it overdone, especially on CW.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

See, for some reason that while I understand that it doesn't quite click with me - probably because the actress looks like a made for tv Disney Channel movie villain...I mean, it could just be her youth, but it's hard for me to view here as anything other than "Disney teen villain" so she just kind of works that way for me.

So it turns out Cindy actually was innocent once, back when her biological mother was keeping her safe from her father, although that didn't last and Dragon King snuck up on her in her room in full dragon form. It seems like she used to love her mother too, so the fact that she ended up killing said mother and then claimed she never liked her just goes to show how badly her father screwed her up mentally.

Seems the Mahkent's get their ice powers from their grandmother's side of the family.

Cameron is making a mural to his father, which Jordan would probably appreciate, although I can see the JSA have a really mixed feelings about it knowing what Icicle was really like.

Pat keeping the truth about Eclipso from Courtney is not going to end well.

Rick still processing how he feels about Grundy and his parents' death. Seems like he holds Jordan more responsible for it, and Grundy was just an animal sent out like an attack dog that didn't know any better, but it's hard for him to channel how he feels other than taking care of Grundy.

Oh yeah, I kind of forgot Courtney kept ditching Cameron in season 1. You really have to feel bad for the guy.

Not the art teacher...he really doesn't deserve that.

I'm glad Pat realized Mike was starting to feel like how he felt as Stripesy with the JSA, so he decides to find something for him and Mike to do together. I know in the comics Pat mentored Mike to take over for him with STRIPE, so I wonder if this is what that's leading up to.

The JSA finally fight Eclipso and he hits them with their emotional issues...Yolanda over Brainwave and Henry, Rick over Grundy and his own anger, and Beth with her parents. Courtney is the only one immune because she got over her emotional hang ups, and the Cosmic Staff seems to be the only thing that can actually damage Eclipso.

Beth finally confronts her parents over the divorce, and while they say they'll always love her...they still basically ditch her to go to work. I doubt that late night talk is going to happen. Poor Beth.

Cindy says ISA Unlimited doesn't need Cameron just when Icicle Jr. finally starts unlocking his powers.

So was Mike not intended to be a member of the new ISA but a hostage to draw Courtney and the rest of the team out?

Without doing a deep dive, I gotta say the storytelling this season is definitely not as strong as last season. Plots don't weave together as smoothly, I don't feel as much for what the characters are going through, and Pat doesn't shine through as the heart of the show the way he did before. I find Mike annoying, but Pat's been really dropping the ball with him. Pat's arc with Courtney was so heart-warming last season, that seeing him deal (not barely contend with) his son's struggles this season makes me feel for Mike. Pat barely seems concerned with Mike aside from an issue he needs to deal with or someone to placate. I don't get the way the show is dealing with this story. (unless it's all just to put Mike in a position to be turned) If Cindy does want to recruit Mike, it's too bad she gave up on Icicle Jr so easily, since Mike killed his dad. It would have been interesting to see that play.

And is this Westeros or the USA? Why is it taking forever for Joel McHale to get here already? (I don't watch previews, so if it's next ep, I am not aware)

Funny coincidence how in both seasons, Courtney's mom just happens to get involved with a major bad guy through her job. She's the Claire Temple of the JSA.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-07-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Funny coincidence how in both seasons, Courtney's mom just happens to get involved with a major bad guy through her job. She's the Claire Temple of the JSA.
    While it was a huge coincidence last year that the job she moved to Blue Valley for was to work for the head of the ISA, this season and Shade makes sense. I mean the ISA had the black diamond and the one working for the former head of the ISA would naturally have control of any artefacts that organisation had.

You watch, next season Ultra-Humanite will mentally link to some equipment that the ISA was holding of his to escape the limbo dimension the JSA trapped him in. Maybe he's been trapped there with 5 other (I'm assuming we have a few more JSAers by then- Jade, Tbolt, maybe Obsidian) members of the SSOSV.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    members of the SSOSV.
    ...Super Society of Super Villains? I don't actually know if that's right, I'm just taking a stab in the dark here.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Without doing a deep dive, I gotta say the storytelling this season is definitely not as strong as last season. Plots don't weave together as smoothly, I don't feel as much for what the characters are going through, and Pat doesn't shine through as the heart of the show the way he did before. I find Mike annoying, but Pat's been really dropping the ball with him. Pat's arc with Courtney was so heart-warming last season, that seeing him deal (not barely contend with) his son's struggles this season makes me feel for Mike. Pat barely seems concerned with Mike aside from an issue he needs to deal with or someone to placate. I don't get the way the show is dealing with this story. (unless it's all just to put Mike in a position to be turned) If Cindy does want to recruit Mike, it's too bad she gave up on Icicle Jr so easily, since Mike killed his dad. It would have been interesting to see that play.

And is this Westeros or the USA? Why is it taking forever for Joel McHale to get here already? (I don't watch previews, so if it's next ep, I am not aware)

I think Pat realized Mike was struggling in this episode and empathized because he'd been there as Stripesy. So hopefully that's turning around.

I guess Pat was so off the grid he never told anyone where he was taking Mike.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

She seems the same as she was in Season 1, so I don't see this as a CW issue in any way, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    She seems the same as she was in Season 1, so I don't see this as a CW issue in any way, FWIW.
    I think she was just more bitchy, now she's all BRA-HA-HA!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I think she was just more bitchy, now she's all BRA-HA-HA!
    Well, powers will do that to you I here.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...Super Society of Super Villains? I don't actually know if that's right, I'm just taking a stab in the dark here.
    Yes, an iteration or two included ultra, Brainwave, Wizard, etc.

I just hope Cindy falls. Very, very deep. She should feel the full weight of her idiotic actions. And then I hope she disappears. She's really not made to carry a whole Season.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not the art teacher...he really doesn't deserve that.
    I knew something was going to happen with him. Seeing as he was a villain in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. named Paintball.
    Paintball.jpg
    But I didn't really expect . . . that.

Incredible Member

I love Pat. But I wonder just what his approach to parenting is at times.
    Stargirl can pretty much do whatever she wants. Even when busted breaking
    curfew, she can really twist Pat around her finger, then it goes away. While
    poor Mike gets hit with a ton of bricks nearly every week. At least this week after a heavy
    lecture, Pat relented, promised to bring Mike into the circle. Good thing too, I was starting
    to feel sorry for the guy.

I hope that we get more about the original Dr. Mid-nite, it seemed as though got dropped
    a little this week, although mentioned. Others on this thread had mentioned the Rick and Beth
    romance, but it had seemed very limited. But we saw more of it this week, I see it now. I felt
    bad for Beth with the looming divorce.

I am still not sure what Shade is doing here. Is it me or have other people noticed he talks like
    a Scooby Doo villain sometimes? I'm sure that is not the impact that the producers intend.
    I felt that the special effects weren't bad when Stargirl had her confrontation toward the end of
    this episode. I wonder if we will see the art teacher again.

Next week is supposed to be the big confrontation between Cindy and the misfits against the JSA.