Page 84 of 187 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2791
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The ISA were the heroes this entire time. Nothing to see here. Everyone go home.

Astonishing Member

Bet you dollars to doughnuts that Mike ends up piloting S.T.R.I.P.E. for a while when Pat's incapacitated.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Bet you dollars to doughnuts that Mike ends up piloting S.T.R.I.P.E. for a while when Pat's incapacitated.
    I still have a feeling he'll acquire the thunderbolt.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Bet the Crock's weren't expecting the civilians to give the heroes the edge they needed to overcome them .

I love how Pat uses a fliphone to control STRIPE. You'd think a smartphone would be easier, but no, he has a fliphone .

I'm kind of surprised it only dawned on them now to use the car considering how relevant it was in Rick's introduction episode. It's nice seeing Rick happy though .

I guess I'm not surprised that the ISA seem to use murder as a go-to teaching moment for their children. I wonder if Isaac will take what he learned about his father to become Fiddler III after his mom's death?

Nobody in the ISA cares about Cindy. I wonder if this is going to inspire her to form her own group with the kids to kill Courtney.

Andrea should've known better than to antagonize the Crock's when she knows what they've done to people and that they don't care for her much. Will Jordan even care that they killed her? Or will they try and cover for themselves?

Of course we would split the team so we could have Stargirl and STRIPE together again. They are the namesake of the two-parter's title after all.

Kinda not surprised Beth finally ended up being a guy in the chair, although she'll probably suit up in the next episode.

The ISA's manifesto has plenty of good, praiseworthy, ideas...it just all comes at the expense of forcing the populace to believe in them through brainwashing that will also kill millions of people. And, honestly, I wouldn't put my faith in a manifesto spearheaded by a bunch of sociopaths and killers. They've taken out whatever reasonable members they still had left.

Random thoughts:
    -- So I guess Mike is going to be... "The Driller?" "Pointy McStabby?" ... oh, I know - "Power Tool!"
    -- I really loved the Brainwave/Shiv interaction. It's nice when the writers acknowledge that the side characters aren't just all about the main characters, but that they actually have connections between each other as well. Not sure who was colder though about poor BW Jr... man, that kid was surrounded by horrible people.(not counting his nanny - she actually cared)
    -- I liked it when they found out that what the ISA stood for was actually pretty "good." It's too bad that any moral ambiguity was immediately thrown out the window because it comes at the sacrifice of 25M poeple. Seemed like a bit of a cop-out.

7 jokes about the ISA's mind machine
    -- Cerebro called and it wants itself back
    -- Terry Gilliam's "Brazil" called you and Cerebro and it wants both of you to cease and desist
    -- This is your Brainwave. This is your Brainwave on drugs
    -- This is the worst product placement for 5 gum ever
    -- This is the best product placement for 5 gum ever!
    -- Shock the Brainwave! (sung to "Shock the Monkey")
    -- "You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Did they kinda do a "I did it 30 minutes ago" Watchmen gag there??

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I still have a feeling he'll acquire the thunderbolt.
    Yea I hope that doesn't happen..especially when they mentioned jakeem earlier in the series. Can they please streamline Hourman's costume? He looks ridiculous. When the JSA wins in this show it feels like they got lucky every time..I hope these actors grow into their role next season so that their fighting skills can be believable especially beth.

So Sportsmaster and Tigress are metahumans in this show?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- I liked it when they found out that what the ISA stood for was actually pretty "good." It's too bad that any moral ambiguity was immediately thrown out the window because it comes at the sacrifice of 25M poeple. Seemed like a bit of a cop-out.
    This is assuming the manifesto is real and not something the Gambler made to mess with the heroes. The only person in the ISA that I see would be against global warming is Jordan and that's because of his ice powers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is assuming the manifesto is real and not something the Gambler made to mess with the heroes. The only person in the ISA that I see would be against global warming is Jordan and that's because of his ice powers.
    ...er what?

Jordan went on a rampage, killing polluters who accidently caused his wife's death. The manifesto is a logical extension of his actions, and Tigress and Sportsmaster's concern for their town and daughter.

The ISA isn't made up completely of bastards. Most are parents who want the best world for their children

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

The ISA isn't made up completely of bastards. Most are parents who want the best world for their children
    Unless your Brainwave.

I wonder if the ISA always had this agenda or did Justin happen to get his way this time with the "New America" plan? What was their modus operandi before?
    (it'd have been funny if Sportsmaster and Tigress snuck in a section about how there should no longer be a designated hitter in baseball or something since I doubt they care too much about the other stuff )

Loved this episode.
    Finally Beth was serving the role she should.
    Everything came together beautifully.
    A noce twist on fully developed brain. Innthe comic story (where it was just Dragon king not the ISA), Courtney's CCB protected her from Ito's mental control (the same way her staff protecter her from Obsidian's control and freed Hourman one million). That obviously wouldnt do much for her team mates.

Way I see it there are three possible angles to play to counter in the finale.

1. Courtney's staff frees Pat Justin etc so they can win before the half hour is up.

2. The part of Henry Jnr absorbed by Snr fights him from within and protects Pat, Justinnand Barb while the JSA fight the rest of the ISA (who are now down a Fiddler as well as a Wizard and Sportsmaster has a masty injury to his back that he said is still hurting) while BW Snr fights the aspect of his Son inside him.

3.Beth starts hacking again and cuts off the satelite transmission of Brainwave, to allow the adults to rejoim the fight, and causes the machine to start overloading BW snr (that allows Jnrs mental self to escape and rejoin his body- maybe).

Ultimate Member

I wonder if the ISA always had this agenda or did Justin happen to get his way this time with the "New America" plan? What was their modus operandi before?
    (it'd have been funny if Sportsmaster and Tigress snuck in a section about how there should no longer be a designated hitter in baseball or something since I doubt they care too much about the other stuff )
    When you boil it down, it could be argued that their plan is simply preserving their conquest after taking over the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So Sportsmaster and Tigress are metahumans in this show?
    They're peak humans in a comic book setting, so they're probably more durable than the average person.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...er what?

Jordan went on a rampage, killing polluters who accidently caused his wife's death. The manifesto is a logical extension of his actions, and Tigress and Sportsmaster's concern for their town and daughter.

They might be caring parents but they're still awful people. Jordan being a loving father doesn't mean he's not also a monster who killed an entire family for a perceived threat to his plan or approved killing an entire family, including a little boy, because they directly got in the way of his plan.

The ISA have good intentions but they are pretty much not good people by any stretch of the imagination at this point. Good people don't accept the death of millions for their endgoals.
    We know Brainwave robbed banks so I assume they were all just general criminals until Jordan united them together.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They might be caring parents but they're still awful people. Jordan being a loving father doesn't mean he's not also a monster who killed an entire family for a perceived threat to his plan or approved killing an entire family, including a little boy, because they directly got in the way of his plan.

The ISA have good intentions but they are pretty much not good people by any stretch of the imagination at this point. Good people don't except the death of millions for their endgoals.
    Simply because I observed that they possess some redeeming traits among them, does not mean I think they are good people