Page 32 of 187 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Also, I have to say that the DC Universe costume design is freaking incredible across the board.

I mean, they make costumes work that really have no right to. Like even the villain that Icicle was talking to (I forget his name?) could have been so goofy but no, it looked awesome.
    I agree, I didn't like them when I saw the poster but it looks much better in action.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The powers (claws, boots that absorb impact, etc) are established to come from the suit.
    And how does the costume conform to her body after she puts on the cowl/helmet? I heard the Thunderbolt laugh. I'm sure he has something to do with the powers.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    And how does the costume conform to her body after she puts on the cowl/helmet? I heard the Thunderbolt laugh. I'm sure he has something to do with the powers.
    The suit has some kind of nanofiber tech in it.

The Thunderbolt's just laughing because he's sentient. He's waiting for someone to release him with the magic word.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Johnny Sorrow isnt as powerful or formidable as Brainwave, the Wizard or Shade. I dont see why he would make a difference.

In all star 15 Brainwave fought every member of the JSA including Spectre all across the country at the same time as capturing WW and their girl friends.

In All Star 55 he took out Alan Scot and Dr Fate from the other side of the planet with his mental constructs. They literally had to be dragged to safety by Dick Grayson (just returned as Robin) the next issue he was soloing the entire team including Powerful and Flash and had his brain drain apparatus feeding him power from the minds of his enemies themselves from fighting the very disasters he created.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...ill_energy.jpg

In all star squadron 19 he had Atom, Johnny Thunder, Hawkman, Starman, Dr Mid-nite, Dr Fate and sandman almost dead with the All Stars launching a mission to save them and also loosing. (At this point he still needed his equipment to augment his mental powers.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/17qCNZYXRc...ee96AC4QOlw=s0

Also in issue 20 it was revealed that Henry King didnt think he was ready to face the Spectre so he had met with the JSA as Henry King and TP pushed spec to feel something that needed his attention elsewhere.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/wsKfagwPrx...AEHg5huKh7L=s0

In a JLA/JSA cross over the wizard soloed most of the big 7 JLA in the bronze age. He was sportingnthe green cloak outfit at the time and not the magician top hat etc.

Shade is stared by Dr Fate to be someone the Spectre would have trouble with.

Honestly this combination had never been together at once in the comics and if it had the JSA would have had problems. All of them had been a member but I dont recall BW and Wizard or shade being active members at the same time
    Johnny Sorrow could theoretically take out everybody in an instant is he could surprise them and show his face before anyone could react. It isn't a very versatile ability, and he typically can't resist the opportunity for theatrics (fitting for a former actor) so there is normally time to react, but the power of "kill anyone merely by showing them his face" is a pretty powerful one.

Just because someone might have more power doesn't make him a slouch, or a very good ace to have up one's sleeve.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The suit has some kind of nanofiber tech in it.

The Thunderbolt's just laughing because he's sentient. He's waiting for someone to release him with the magic word.
    Why would Wildcat have some technology in his suit? It makes no sense. He might have claws and other features, but not tech that would allow anybody to use it.

You may be right -- neither of us knows anything for sure -- but if you are right, it's a flaw in the story. Just my opinion, of course!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Why would Wildcat have some technology in his suit? It makes no sense. He might have claws and other features, but not tech that would allow anybody to use it.
    To allow Yolanda to be Wildcat. How else would a high school girl with a bit of boxing training ever hope to be a superhero?

You may be right -- neither of us knows anything for sure -- but if you are right, it's a flaw in the story. Just my opinion, of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    To allow Yolanda to be Wildcat. How else would a high school girl with a bit of boxing training ever hope to be a superhero?
    I doubt Ted came up with it himself.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I doubt Ted came up with it himself.
    Who in the JSA is a tech wizard that provided it for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Who in the JSA is a tech wizard that provided it for him?
    It'd be kind of interesting if Ted Knight not only created the Cosmic Staff but also upgraded the JSA's gear.

So glad they mentioned Jakeem
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I wonder who's getting the lantern

RIP Toaster.

I wasn't sold on the idea of making the next generation of JSA heroes teenagers in high school (guess I still hold that position), but I think they made Yolanda's problem relevant to today. She's been broken for months, it actually makes you root for her to become Wildcat if just to make a friend and feel better about herself.

Does Beth already have some kind of vision power? And was that cat that ran into Pat some kind of reincarnation of Ted Grant?

Did you not read the rest of my post?
    That was my original concern. Now that BW and the Wizard are taken out my concern is the opposite that the remaining ISA dont have enough power to be a decent enough threat to the jnr JSA. Grundy is locked up, hes more likely to turn onnhisnteam mates if they kept him innthat cell for 10 years. No sign of Shade. That only leave Icicle and a bunch of non powered mooks
    I just meant that if the Thunderbolt is in play, anything can happen.

Wildcat has a thorough wikipedia page but Yolanda has no idea who the JSA are? I guess she just wasn't into Superheroes.
    It makes you wonder just how public the JSA were and how big an impact they had on the world.

I have this expectation of Jakeem coming over to do homework with Mike. He needs a pen, and of course none of the pens Mike has work. They go into Courtney's room he gets a pen out of the pen holder on her desk. Then innocently just forgets to take it back and leaves with it all as a setup this season for a next season introduction.
    "Say, you think you could help me with Question #5?"

I have this expectation of Jakeem coming over to do homework with Mike. He needs a pen, and of course none of the pens Mike has work. They go into Courtney's room he gets a pen out of the pen holder on her desk. Then innocently just forgets to take it back and leaves with it all as a setup this season for a next season introduction.
    theyve chosen that path to keep it light and not go all dark like the other DCU shows.
    I give good odds that the last of the season will be Courtney getting a call from Mike (or just talking to him) and Mike will say something along the lines of "So I was studying with Jakeem and we went into your room because he needed a pen..." and we'll hear a crash and that laugh as it cuts to black

How much longer can they drag out the question of whether or not Starman is her father? Even if you can accept that she was too young to really remember what her father looked like, there's no way she hasn't been seeing pictures of him other than that blurry locket. There must be some around - or her mother must have some. This is really stretching my suspension of disbelief. Courtney could just take a pic of the Starman in the JSA HQ ans show her mom ... or there must have been a few news photos - the guy didn't wear a mask! Have her mom look at those and confirm somehow. Or have Pat look at photos of her dad! The fact that they never even think to look at other photos to confirm is just getting ridiculous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    How much longer can they drag out the question of whether or not Starman is her father? Even if you can accept that she was too young to really remember what her father looked like, there's no way she hasn't been seeing pictures of him other than that blurry locket. There must be some around - or her mother must have some. This is really stretching my suspension of disbelief. Courtney could just take a pic of the Starman in the JSA HQ ans show her mom ... or there must have been a few news photos - the guy didn't wear a mask! Have her mom look at those and confirm somehow. Or have Pat look at photos of her dad! The fact that they never even think to look at other photos to confirm is just getting ridiculous to me.
    Her mom shot her down pretty quick.
    The way she talked about her dad she may not have wanted him in her daughters life.
    If that is the case then there likely isnt any other photos because she wanted to cut him out completely and the only photo is that of Courtney's because Courtney herself kept that.

I have a few friends whose dads ledt the picture early on and they dont have a clue what he looks like or any pictures at all to reference.

We've clearly seen no photos of her dad in the house in 4 episodes, and since they dont even have a family photo of Pat and mike with Courtney and mum (if they did wouldnt that be onnher office desk instead of two separate family photos?), photos may not be a priority at all.