Page 167 of 187 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2791
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think killing Bruce Gordon definitely hurt the JSA, although I'd still say actual murder is...actual murder.
    True enough, though what happened to Bruce Gordon was also actual murder, and as I was trying to say, though perhaps I didn't say it as well as I could have, that hurt the original JSA on a deep spiritual and moral level and provided the opening for the ISA to ultimately kill them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I feel like this show is a good representation in live action of what comic book peak human is. Crusher and Paula should not be able to move around like they do, but if this were a comic book, they'd easily be classified as humans just really athletic ones. That whole fight scene was cool.

Aside from Sylvester telling Yolanda about Ted (I want to see more stuff like that), I didn't like him in this episode and like him less and less. Something must been messing with him, but it just sucks to see him that way.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I had dismissed the notion after I first had it, but now I'm working my way back around to thinking that the murderer is somehow STRIPE being used.(by the person spying on everyone) Partly because we're a good part into what is being presented as a murder mystery, and it would be against the format for the culprit to be someone we've never seen before and simply introduced later in the story. The "growl" could be from STRIPE - we've heard it make car noises, and growling isn't so far off. (just ask Ed-209) Also, we've been seeing a lot of STRIPE this season as opposed to last season, even though he/it hasn't been doing very much, storywise.
    Hmm, so based on that, could the murderer be..Zeke?

Retired

I got the feeling, in the first season, that the Injustice Society of America had the public face of a patriotic group of concerned citizens, dedicated to wiping out Injustice in the United States. Since you folks in the United States seem awfully tolerant of ideological associations that are contrary to the established order, I imagine a federal government would find it very hard to prosecute Injustice members without inviting protests and legal actions from other factions in the U.S. Probably a lot of citizens don't believe the I.S.A. did anything wrong and any allegations against them are a government witch hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I got the feeling, in the first season, that the Injustice Society of America had the public face of a patriotic group of concerned citizens, dedicated to wiping out Injustice in the United States. Since you folks in the United States seem awfully tolerant of ideological associations that are contrary to the established order, I imagine a federal government would find it very hard to prosecute Injustice members without inviting protests and legal actions from other factions in the U.S. Probably a lot of citizens don't believe the I.S.A. did anything wrong and any allegations against them are a government witch hunt.
    There is no evidence to support that and it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    There is no evidence to support that and it makes no logical sense whatsoever.
    Whatever gets you through the night.

Ultimate Member

There's no evidence to support that, and every ISA member is a known criminal.

Hence why they all had secret identities

America is supposedly tolerant of different ways of thinking, but the ISA wasn't just an "ideological association ... contrary to the established order" they were outright criminals and murderers. Icicle's agenda in season 1 certainly steered the whole ISA towards his notion of patriotism, and that would have been fine had he simply promoted a political agenda rather than try to use mind control and whole-sale slaughter to get his way. That's certainly crossing the line.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-19-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Whatever gets you through the night.
    Nobody could make multiple serial killers an Axis war criminal and a zombie patriotic.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    America is supposedly tolerant of different ways of thinking, but the ISA wasn't just an "ideological association ... contrary to the established order" they were outright criminals and murderers. Icicle's agenda in season 1 certainly steered the whole ISA towards his notion of patriotism, and that would have been fine had he simply promoted a political agenda rather than try to use mind control and whole-sale slaughter to get his way. That's certainly crossing the line.
    Yeah, like the ISA's creed for a New America sounded great on-paper but the fact that we had sociopaths and homicidal criminals planning to basically brainwash the world into adhering to it is where the brakes started coming off.

Yeah, like the ISA's creed for a New America sounded great on-paper but the fact that we had sociopaths and homicidal criminals planning to basically brainwash the world into adhering to it is where the brakes started coming off.
    Some would argue that was kind of the point, at least meta-textually, discrediting the ideas themselves in a more real-world context by associating them with extremists willing to kill on a mass scale and brainwash the surviving population to make them into reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Some would argue that was kind of the point, at least meta-textually, discrediting the ideas themselves in a more real-world context by associating them with extremists willing to kill on a mass scale and brainwash the surviving population to make them into reality.
    I don't think it discredited the ideas, once they heard about them Rick even wondered if they were the bad guys for opposing the ISA, but it was always the methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    This should be...interesting.

I don't think it discredited the ideas, once they heard about them Rick even wondered if they were the bad guys for opposing the ISA, but it was always the methods.
    Fair enough, though it is a recurring theme or motif in the superhero genre, I'll say.

This should be...interesting.
    Yes. Very interesting, though in what way, I'm not certain.

I can't wait to see her say, "F**k Starman!"