Page 34 of 187 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That was her cousin, IIRC.
    I know. But since Yolanda won’t die in the tv show like the comics. It seems they changed it. Yolanda’s brother is named Alex Montez in the show. That’s no coincidence.

With the Steven Sharpe on the show, I wonder if Gambler’s grandkids Hazard and the new Gambler will be in the series.

I wonder if the way the Injustice Society got the dropped on the JSA was through Mary King, Starman’s younger sister who married Brainwave. Brainwave probably mind controlled her , which has bad connotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    To allow Yolanda to be Wildcat. How else would a high school girl with a bit of boxing training ever hope to be a superhero?
    That's my point. If the only reason for the tech is so Yoland to become Wildcat, then there was no reason for the tech! Ted never anticipated that Yolanda would become Wildcat! That's why I think the Thunderbolt is at work! But time will tell!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    That's my point. If the only reason for the tech is so Yoland to become Wildcat, then there was no reason for the tech! Ted never anticipated that Yolanda would become Wildcat! That's why I think the Thunderbolt is at work! But time will tell!
    Nah. Thunderbolt didn’t do it. That’s not how it works.

We have to get use to the fact that this isn’t 1940s origin JSA but a 2000s JSA.

Ted having nanotech in his suit makes sense because he started in modern times.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    This version of Ted had tech. He had a wiki article detailing everything he can do. It ain't Thunderbolt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

We have to get use to the fact that this isn’t 1940s origin JSA but a 2000s JSA.

Good point. Back in the Golden Age, many heroes and villains had no powers and just a gimmick to get by. But you do have to wonder how guys like Ted and Al Pratt (before he got powers) felt to be in a team with metahumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Well its now confirmed that this is 1940s JSA because the Mid-nite's goggles have confirmed he was born in 1914 and was a member of the JSA from the 40's till 2010. I can buy McNider creating hus tech goggles to give him back his sight and enhancing them as tech changed (hence why they have the AI and twitter etc) but not Ted making a tech suit. Maybe one of the technoheads like Ted Knight made it for him as he started to loose some moves with age. Maybe it can form to his shape tonallow for his aging, changing body. Magic however is a bit more believable and magic was a part of his retconned origin.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Well its now confirmed that this is 1940s JSA because the Mid-nite's goggles have confirmed he was born in 1914 and was a member of the JSA from the 40's till 2010. I can buy McNider creating hus tech goggles to give him back his sight and enhancing them as tech changed (hence why they have the AI and twitter etc) but not Ted making a tech suit. Maybe one of the technoheads like Ted Knight made it for him as he started to loose some moves with age. Maybe it can form to his shape tonallow for his aging, changing body. Magic however is a bit more believable and magic was a part of his retconned origin.
    If most of the JSA were senior citizens when they got killed, that would make things much more plausible.

This last episode felt very rushed. Especially the weird time skips, like Beth somehow getting to the others at the sight of the crash so quickly.

Also, was I the only one who was tripping about her putting on the goggles immediately after they were in a dog's mouth? That's just nasty.

Incredible Member

it is a comic book series but pretty absurd at this formation of this junior society. wildcat magical one size fits all suit including her cowl and boots , midnight super ai googles that has its own internal power source with future tech on par with stark and this tech is from 10 years ago and hourman magical hourglass that can make someone superstrong by turning the hourglass. why are they superheroes , retire and become filthy rich with these kind of magical tech.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This last episode felt very rushed. Especially the weird time skips, like Beth somehow getting to the others at the sight of the crash so quickly.

Also, was I the only one who was tripping about her putting on the goggles immediately after they were in a dog's mouth? That's just nasty.
    I didnt percieve any "time skips"

SG and WC went to suit up and then went after Rick. Meanwhile Beth learns what happened to Ricks parents just after the girls left to go home and suit up. Beth got there well into the conversation after leaving to head to him first. Hardly a time skip issue.

It wasnt exactly immediate, she did walk upstairs (off screen) enter Court's room and look around. She could have wiped them off going up the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    it is a comic book series but pretty absurd at this formation of this junior society. wildcat magical one size fits all suit including her cowl and boots , midnight super ai googles that has its own internal power source with future tech on par with stark and this tech is from 10 years ago and hourman magical hourglass that can make someone superstrong by turning the hourglass. why are they superheroes , retire and become filthy rich with these kind of magical tech.
    He made glasses that made a blind man see in the 40s and you have an issue with him making an ai 10 years ago?
    Not to mention since this ep confirms 40s JSA timeline is complete Ted Knight also made his first gravity rod/star rod in the 40s. Stripes/pat made a flying cocket car in the early 40s (before rockets were invented)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    He made glasses that made a blind man see in the 40s and you have an issue with him making an ai 10 years ago?
    Not to mention since this ep confirms 40s JSA timeline is complete Ted Knight also made his first gravity rod/star rod in the 40s. Stripes/pat made a flying cocket car in the early 40s (before rockets were invented)
    There could be an interesting overarching plot that ties the super-science used by both JSA and Injustice Society members to some alien tech lost on Earth (perhaps Thanagarian?), in the same way that shows like Smallville tended to tie the various freaks-of-the-week to the 'meteor showers' or the Flash tied so many of their early threats to the dark matter explosion at Star Labs.

That way, one handwave can cover all sorts of stuff (AI goggles, nanotech suit, cosmic staff, etc.), and it can come back to bite them later when some actual Thanagarians (or whoever) show up to reclaim their 'stolen' tech...

I wonder if Dr Mid-Nite's holograms are the closest we'll get to seeing GL constructs. (although, it was good to see the Lantern show signs of life for the first time. I'm hoping to see Jade as the GL legacy character when they get around to it)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I felt that Rick's turnaround happened too quick. They could have given him another episode before joining Stargirl squad. I wanted him to kick his uncle ass once he got the glass.

Looking like Henry Jr powers are manifesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I felt that Rick's turnaround happened too quick. They could have given him another episode before joining Stargirl squad. I wanted him to kick his uncle ass once he got the glass.

Looking like Henry Jr powers are manifesting.
    I get the emotional satisfaction that might bring, but considering what he did to that truck and the tree, that would be too one-sided a fight and likely end with the uncle in the hospital which I'm sure wouldn't be good. Better that he focus his powers on Grundy.