Page 31 of 187 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think the bullies will go after her directly. More like she gets caught in the crossfire in whatever they planned to do to Yolanda and Courtney.
    That would certainly give new meaning to Cindy's "You'll never see me coming" threat. I think you might be right and that her line was foreshadowing. I still think something terrible is going to happen to one of her parents - probably her mom since she was the one shown in the latest ep.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Did any Black Lightning watchers peep the T.C cameo in the beginning?
    I did not .... and what's "TC??" Please explain.

Probably unrelated, but it was interesting that Yolanda had some photo an old-timey looking boxer with her other family photos .... was it just to help reinforce that she's into boxing or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So I guess Denise is either dead or she will turn up alive and with the wand, seeking revenge?
    Icicle had the wand, last we saw so I find it unlikely. That said, I hope they don't just forget about it. Considering The Wizard kept it in a safe, it's safe to say the wand itself has powers, and it wasn't just the man who could wield magic.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Probably unrelated, but it was interesting that Yolanda had some photo an old-timey looking boxer with her other family photos .... was it just to help reinforce that she's into boxing or something else?
    I say its to establish boxing cred. It's like in the pilot episode when they were doing those quick shots and they showed awards for Courtney and the pic of her doing martial arts, etc. Just a quick way to throw out some credibility when it comes to the thought of them doing action-y stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So I guess Denise is either dead or she will turn up alive and with the wand, seeking revenge?
    I'm actually wondering how much she really knew about what was going on in Blue Valley, or about her husband being a Supervillain. She seemed on some level aware of the whole "Wizard" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I say its to establish boxing cred. It's like in the pilot episode when they were doing those quick shots and they showed awards for Courtney and the pic of her doing martial arts, etc. Just a quick way to throw out some credibility when it comes to the thought of them doing action-y stuff.
    I assumed the picture was of Ted Grant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assumed the picture was of Ted Grant.
    I didn't spot the picture, but maybe it's a picture of her father Juan "The Mauler" Montez.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I didn't spot the picture, but maybe it's a picture of her father Juan "The Mauler" Montez.
    That's possible.

But if she's into boxing then I have to assume she knows how Ted Grant is.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I love how subtle the show plays off some of its big moments. Like Pat finding the car that belonged to the Wizard's wife. There was just the right sense of dread building up to that moment. Stargirl has a lot softer touch than the CW shows (not a criticism of the CW, I just love that they have their own distinct approaches).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That's possible.

But if she's into boxing then I have to assume she knows how Ted Grant is.
    That might be called into question as she didn't know who wildcat is. Unless Ted being wildcat is a secret.

Also, I have to say that the DC Universe costume design is freaking incredible across the board.

I mean, they make costumes work that really have no right to. Like even the villain that Icicle was talking to (I forget his name?) could have been so goofy but no, it looked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That might be called into question as she didn't know who wildcat is. Unless Ted being wildcat is a secret.
    I don't think the JSA's identities were public knowledge. It may have been just because she never looked it up but if Starman's identity was public knowledge there would be less of a mystery as to whether he's Courtney's dad, or at least Barbara would have a better idea she was dating a Superhero.

Unless it was also on the Wikipedia page .
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Also, I have to say that the DC Universe costume design is freaking incredible across the board.

I mean, they make costumes work that really have no right to. Like even the villain that Icicle was talking to (I forget his name?) could have been so goofy but no, it looked awesome.
    Dragon King .

He reminded me of the guy in the blood covered bear suit in the Venture Brothers. Something about him makes the cheesiness of the costume more chilling and not less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    He reminded me of the guy in the blood covered bear suit in the Venture Brothers. Something about him makes the cheesiness of the costume more chilling and not less so.
    I'm not familiar with the reference, but yeah, that's exactly it. Chilling is the perfect description.

Dragon King .
    Ah, thanks! I'm not familiar with a lot of the JSA/ISA characters so this is a different experience for me than most comic book shows.

I'm not familiar with the reference, but yeah, that's exactly it. Chilling is the perfect description.

Maybe I'm behind some of you because I'm watching the show on the CW, not on whatever premium station it airs first, but having watched episode 4 it seemed to me that the reason Yolanda got powers from wearing the Wildcat mask was because of the Thunderbolt. He's out there, and, unless they are making big changes from the comic books (always a possibility and wholly acceptable to me), there's no reason why anyone would get powers from any of these "totems," with the posibility of Dr. Fate's helmet and the cosmic staff (which is a weapon, not a totem)! Frankly magic seems to be the cleanest way to give a bunch of kids super powers.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Maybe I'm behind some of you because I'm watching the show on the CW, not on whatever premium station it airs first, but having watched episode 4 it seemed to me that the reason Yolanda got powers from wearing the Wildcat mask was because of the Thunderbolt. He's out there, and, unless they are making big changes from the comic books (always a possibility and wholly acceptable to me), there's no reason why anyone would get powers from any of these "totems," with the posibility of Dr. Fate's helmet and the cosmic staff (which is a weapon, not a totem)! Frankly magic seems to be the cleanest way to give a bunch of kids super powers.
    The powers (claws, boots that absorb impact, etc) are established to come from the suit.