Page 10 of 187 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The high school stuff was generic and not particularly interesting.
    The superhero elements were well done. The effects and costumes looked good.

I'm glad we didn't actually see GL, Flash or Dr Fate taken out - I'm going to have to imagine the IL implemented some special weapon or something because the lineup we've seen shouldn't be able to take out a JSA with those three. At the very least it appears to have been an ambush/sneak attack. Maybe there's more to it, maybe we'll get more details later, but ultimately that's not what's important. All the other stuff with Courtney is interesting enough to keep me watching. Not sure I like the Staff being sentient or whatever, but without a Ted Knight, who knows where it came from? I think Pat said Starman had acquired the staff - nothing about him making it. Another potentially interesting plot, as well as the true ID of her father.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm not sure they will be allowed to use Alan Scott. I know he's different, but with a Green Lantern show coming out, they may not want to 'confuse the audience'.
    Stargirl Will Involve Green Lantern - and a Different Flash
    Stargirl creator Geoff Johns confirmed the presence of two key Justice Society members -- Green Lantern and Flash -- in the series.
    With the Justice Society of America confirmed to play a major role in DC Universe's upcoming original series Stargirl, creator Geoff Johns has hinted that the presence of two of the Golden Age team's co-founders will be felt: Alan Scott and Jay Garrick.

The Golden Age Green Lantern and Flash have both been confirmed as part of the original JSA in the series, and while their legacies will loom over the new generation of superheroes, they may play even more prominent roles in the future.

https://www.cbr.com/stargirl-feature...lantern-flash/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm glad we didn't actually see GL, Flash or Dr Fate taken out - I'm going to have to imagine the IL implemented some special weapon or something because the lineup we've seen shouldn't be able to take out a JSA with those three. At the very least it appears to have been an ambush/sneak attack. Maybe there's more to it, maybe we'll get more details later, but ultimately that's not what's important. All the other stuff with Courtney is interesting enough to keep me watching. Not sure I like the Staff being sentient or whatever, but without a Ted Knight, who knows where it came from? I think Pat said Starman had acquired the staff - nothing about him making it. Another potentially interesting plot, as well as the true ID of her father.

They should have left those 3 out of the JSA so the story wouldn’t be so implausible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    so, odds are on who the janitor really is?
    In the comics, he ended up being the Shining Knight.

I'm curious to see what gets cut for the CW broadcast. Although the first episode was long, there wasn't much filler to take away nine minutes. Hopefully, the CW version doesn't diminish the quality too much, this show seems like it'll be fun.

Intermediary

I enjoyed it

if any title in the DC Universe fits the CW aesthetic, its this one

I got into the original run of Stars and STRIPE, it actually got me back into DC Comics

its simple, wholesome, enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I'm curious to see what gets cut for the CW broadcast. Although the first episode was long, there wasn't much filler to take away nine minutes. Hopefully, the CW version doesn't diminish the quality too much, this show seems like it'll be fun.
    so far without much spoilers in the first half hour...

-Pat giving Courtney a ride to school
    -cheerleaders recruiting Courtney
    -detention hall

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Mighty Member

Loved the first episode. The opening scene with the Justice Society was awesome.

Great premiere! I am really looking forward to seeing where they go with this. Also, is it just me or did this premiere seem to have a larger budget than other CW properties. It looked REALLY good on TV!
    Last edited by Jekyll; 05-19-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Loved the first episode. The opening scene with the Justice Society was awesome.
    Yes it was!

But really don't understand why it's never Ted Knight as Starman?! The two Geoff Johns iterations (Smallville & Current) have both been Sylvester.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Stargirl Will Involve Green Lantern - and a Different Flash

https://www.cbr.com/stargirl-feature...lantern-flash/
    Okay, that is cool.

Saw this over at ComicBook.com, and thought it was rather sweet:

DC’s Stargirl Features Emotional Easter Egg Tribute to Geoff Johns’ Sister

I knew Johns based the character off of his late sister, but I thought she had died of cancer. I had forgotten she was killed in the TWA Flight 800 crash.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm glad we didn't actually see GL, Flash or Dr Fate taken out - I'm going to have to imagine the IL implemented some special weapon or something because the lineup we've seen shouldn't be able to take out a JSA with those three. At the very least it appears to have been an ambush/sneak attack. Maybe there's more to it, maybe we'll get more details later, but ultimately that's not what's important.
    Yeah, that definitely was a head scratcher. Maybe some of the big guns were taken out by some other means - trapped in an alternate dimension or something. But seeing the Injustice Society take out the JSA was disappointing. No way could the Wizard beat Dr. Fate. That said -- I loved seeing the Wizard.

There was a lot, though. to like about the show. We definitely have the makings of Infinity Inc -- with Hourman II, Dr. Mid-Nite, II, Wildcat II -- and possibly Brainwave, Jr. Very fun stuff!

I really love how it's so true to the comic -- not the typical CW formula which goes out of its ways to ignore comic book stories and characters.
    Last edited by kcekada; 05-19-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yes it was!

But really don't understand why it's never Ted Knight as Starman?! The two Geoff Johns iterations (Smallville & Current) have both been Sylvester.
    Saving him for a Jack Knight James Robinson written movie or show maybe.

A really awesome premier! When the episode ended, I did a double take, "That's the whole episode? No! I want more!"