Page 184 of 187 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187 LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 2791

Oh jeez, they actually did revive Sylvester. Their whole plan hinged on him being the face of a revamped Project New America, even putting him in the President's seat if they could, just with Ultra-Humanite in his body (James Robinson's Golden Age anyone?). And the last thing Sylvester was thinking of before they did it was making sure Pat was okay. The feels .

Although Ultra-Humanite just chilling there right next to him was more funny than I expected it to be.

Well, I guess Cameron's not lying to Courtney if his dad is lying to him.

You know Jordan's really bad when he's wearing his Supervillain costume again.

Even Beth's pointing out Artemis' ability to inexplicably appear out of nowhere when they need her most. Not that she does it during that fight, but she does to give Jordan the final fate he deserved.

That story immediately fell apart with A. the idea that Sylvester would just have a pleasant conversation with Jordan and B. Pat would just balk at a truce and would go off on his own to fight the Ultra-Humanite. No one would buy that.

Did anyone really think being buried alive would be enough to stop Pat Duggan? Although admittedly he gained some super speed to zip on to STRIPE and show up in the nick of time.

I gotta admit, was not expecting the grandma to turn on her husband like that, but her getting Wicked Witch'ed with the car falling on her was just desserts. Cameron never did find out she murdered his teacher (unless his grandpa told him off-screen). Also, Yolanda with the "I didn't do it."

It's funny that they finally give Beth the ability to fight but in the finale all she does is plead some sense to Grandpa Mahkent. I guess Beths' greatest power was her empathy (and the goggles telling her stuff).

Barbara with the crossbow! Finally! Paula would be so proud of her.

So Jakeem can will the wish to be exactly what he needs it to be if he wishes it hard enough, like saving the most beautiful woman in the world to him. And thus the Thunderbolt turns Dragon King Ultra-Humanite into a plushy. Cute!

I find it amusing that Jordan was still intending to hook up with Barbara by the end of this. Like even after everything he still was down bad for Barbara.

STRIPE continues to look cool but get beat up until the bitter end.

Huh, so all it took was Courtney just telling the staff Sylvester wasn't worthy? Or just believing it? I guess it was a confidence thing, kind of, but what's important is she got the staff back again. But defeating Ultraman was Pat's job as Sylvester's best friend.

Stargirl and Icicle Jr. versus Icicle Sr.! I actually wonder now if Cameron might be the strongest cryokinetic of his family with the way he sent his dad packing and how he could somehow teleport. I don't blame Cameron for wanting to leave Blue Valley after everything, but I guess love is stronger than isolation with grandpa.

Jeez, they just had Sylvester's brain left in a jar spouting his last thoughts. What was it projecting too, though? I wonder if that would've been revealed if we'd gotten season 4.

Rick finally apologizes to Beths' family and seems to be working to overcome his Miraclo dependency (and he also got beat up again in the finale. Ouch). Also Beth apologizes to her parents who are now happy to be her sidekicks. Mom even wants to be Hooty 2.0. Can't beat that enthusiasm!

Hey, Dr. McNider cameo! It was nice to see him one last time.

With all the characters inexplicably coming back from the dead, why didn't Grundy? Oh, I guess it just wasn't time because his hand pops out of the ground like it's the most natural thing in the world. I guess since it's the finale they didn't want to leave Grundy hanging.

I had honestly forgotten about the Gamblers' daughter storyline until Courtney met Becky. I'm glad she did right by him in the end. I wonder if there were plans for Becky to become Hazard at some point.

I'm glad Mike got to reconcile with his biological mom, and Pat was able to make peace with her too in a way, and finally calling Barbara mom .

I'm actually morbidly curious how Yolanda's parents would take her being a Superhero.

We didn't get any on-screen reconciliation between Courtney, Yolanda, and Cindy which I think was one of the main things left hanging. I wonder if they filmed a scene of it but it got cut. Cindy is just there at family dinner like everything is right as rain.

Wow, three month prep time to kill Icicle. Well done, Artemis, and she used her parents' stuff to pull it off. Revenge isn't a dish best served cold, it's served with fire, as Jordan burns alive. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

I guess what with it being the finale and all, we didn't want to leave off without giving Courtney what she worked so hard for this season...not only being Stargirl again, but getting the guy!

10 years in the future and we've got Shade curating the JSA museum and telling everyone how awesome the team is. It feels fitting!

So the JSA of the far future is Starwoman, Wildcat, Icicle Jr. Dragon Queen (Cindy with the bump up), Artemis, Jade and Obsidian with their codenames, Damage, Sand, Solomon Grundy, Hourman and Dr. Mid-Nite (who Shade are about to officiate the wedding for), STRIPE 2.0 (probably Mike), and Jakeem Thunder.

I wonder if some of the stuff they mentioned was stuff they planned to get to in future seasons, like Damage, Sand, saving Sylvester, and saving the Seven Soldiers of Victory from Nebula Man?

Ending on JAY FRIKKIN GARRICK showing up and reuniting with his old pal the Shade like it's the most natural thing in the world and calling on the JSA for a new adventure gave me the biggest smile on my face. Never the End indeed !

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not sure how I feel. It was well done, and yes, seeing Jay was great, but kinda sad that it's over. It didn't have the run it should have, that other CW shows did, and this was one of the better done shows.
    I thought it was a fantastic finale. It closed everything off nicely and while it did close this series it opened up the possibility of a TV movie or series af a JSA based on these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh jeez, they actually did revive Sylvester. Their whole plan hinged on him being the face of a revamped Project New America, even putting him in the President's seat if they could, just with Ultra-Humanite in his body (James Robinson's Golden Age anyone?). And the last thing Sylvester was thinking of before they did it was making sure Pat was okay. The feels .
    My 10 year old daughter was quite upset by that. At the end of last episode I'd convinced her Starman didn't suffer because Ultra said his brain didn't survive. So she was annoyed when he was awake for removing his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did anyone really think being buried alive would be enough to stop Pat Duggan? Although admittedly he gained some super speed to zip on to STRIPE and show up in the nick of time.
    when he did this all I could think was what a Batman move. I was drawn back to that World's Finest issue where Bruce was burried alive in a lead lined coffin so Clark couldn't find him with xray vision. When Clark finally got to where he was burried Bruce appeared from out of the shadows having removed his belt buckle done yoga moves to turn around in the coffin so he could use the belt buckle to unscrew the coffin from the bottom end and dig himself free.

Episode was great all round IMO

So Rick and Beth end up together. Makes sense as they were teamed up on more than one occasion.
    I guess rescuing Sylvester's brain was to be part of season 4.
    Sand and Damage, the children of Sandman and ??? Did we ever meet them?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So Rick and Beth end up together. Makes sense as they were teamed up on more than one occasion.
    I guess rescuing Sylvester's brain was to be part of season 4.
    Sand and Damage, the children of Sandman and ??? Did we ever meet them?
    Damage is the son of Al Pratt, the Golden Age Atom.

They mentioned Sand in the episode where Jade and Obsidian joined up with the Shade.

Incredible Member

Not a bad finale, but still a few expected holes.

Still find it strange that Beth's parents go from an almost divorce to staying together because they are both "in love" with the idea of being sidekicks to their hero daughter.

So, uuummmm, do we ever find out "Who killed the Gambler?" Guess it's implied, but would've been nice to know why also, unless I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Not a bad finale, but still a few expected holes.

Still find it strange that Beth's parents go from an almost divorce to staying together because they are both "in love" with the idea of being sidekicks to their hero daughter.

So, uuummmm, do we ever find out "Who killed the Gambler?" Guess it's implied, but would've been nice to know why also, unless I missed it.
    They'd get along well with Pat .

Basically I think Dragon King in Ultra-Humanite's body physically killed him. I think maybe Ultraman might've been there too.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

They managed to wrap up seemingly everything, surprisingly.

The idea that a S4 might've been to rescue Sylvester's brain could've been fun. My whole issue though, as Jordan stated to him was, "You've dead for some time now".
    Right, so why does it look like he just got out of the gym and not all decayed up?? Chalk that up to Dragon King with some revival fluids?

I wonder if we would've seen Sand and Damage?
    Nice to end with Shade and Jay Garrick/Flash as well as a cgi saving Grundy hand coming from the ground.

Grandma got run over by a junk car. Fighting a fight she should not have been involved in but as for me and JSA we believe. (try it with that tune in your head).

Artemis....not. letting. it. go.

The series has a whole gets a strong B+ from me and any recommendation for long time DC fans.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The ending was a bit abrupt. You could really see how they were setting up for another season and then had to reshoot. The whole final scene with the Shade was clearly that reshoot.
    But hey, at least they didn't leave any plot threads open!

I liked it well enough and I really enjoyed the series as a whole.
    Hopefully, Courtney will come back some day.

Boisterously Confused

Holy Macaroni that's a lot in one 40-ish minute ep, and yet they did it well. They tied some knots, but left some issues. Your imagination has room to work.

Shiv's not suddenly a nun. Grandma Mahkent gets a well-deserved Wizard of Oz treatment. Artemis gives Icicle Sr. what he's got coming (and proves she's not just a dumb jock) yet finds a way to redemption. There's room for more.

Not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    They managed to wrap up seemingly everything, surprisingly.

"You've dead for some time now".
    Right, so why does it look like he just got out of the gym and not all decayed up?? Chalk that up to Dragon King with some revival fluids?

I wonder if we would've seen Sand and Damage?
    They covered that earlier in the season.
    Mcnider said that the cosmic energy that Syl had running through him may have preserved his body.

Ultra Said that Mcnider was right about it preserving his body but the brain was long gone in his soliloquy to Pat when he was burying him (an obvious lie)

They seem to reveal a few JSAers each season. Season 2 it was Jade, Jakeem (who had been referenced season 1) and Mcnider. This season we got Obsidian (referenced last season), Artemis, and reference to sand.

I suspect in keeping with season one reference and season 2 reveal of Jakeem and S2 ref s3 reveal of Todd, we would have seen Sand in S4 and maybe Damage. Who knows in rescuing Syl's brain from whichever of Ito's or Ultra's labs it was in they may have even found evidence that Jay had been BFR'd in the season 1 fight. That could have been a reference that was followed up in season 5.
    Last edited by beatboks; 12-08-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks. I'll be looking forward to seeing this on HBO Max when Season 3 drops there, since Comcast/Xfinity is no longer showing The CW network due to an expired agreement or contract or something like that. Glad to hear things (mostly) worked out well enough for everyone who deserved a semblance of a happy ending, even if it's "never the end."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The ending was a bit abrupt. You could really see how they were setting up for another season and then had to reshoot. The whole final scene with the Shade was clearly that reshoot.
    But hey, at least they didn't leave any plot threads open!

I liked it well enough and I really enjoyed the series as a whole.
    Hopefully, Courtney will come back some day.
    She's coming back on Titans, apparently.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks. I'll be looking forward to seeing this on HBO Max when Season 3 drops there, since Comcast/Xfinity is no longer showing The CW network due to an expired agreement or contract or something like that. Glad to hear things (mostly) worked out well enough for everyone who deserved a semblance of a happy ending, even if it's "never the end."
    You don’t have to wait for HBO Max - all episodes are on the CW app or viewable on their website.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I just hope it's a good moment when Courtney finally calls Pat "Dad" in the finale.

Though I think it's dumb they delayed it this long, since she told him she was his daughter in the Season 1 finale
    And this never happened. Wow.

We get Mike calling Barbara mom (again! he did it last season too) and never once, not ONCE, does Courtney call Pat dad. Unbelievable.