Page 140 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2791

Yolanda has always been one of the stronger characters on the show, and this episode did a good job of dealing with the fallout of everything that has happened to her so far.

I loved the scene with the four of them in the living room. Whether or not a hero should kill gets brought up often, but rarely do you see something like Yolanda saying she doesn't want to be the team's killer. I don't blame her for not wanting her friends to look at her that way. Rick and Beth had honest reactions to that too, it didn't look like anyone was lying to spare her feelings.

Finally Mike talks about killing Icicle. I was beginning to wonder about that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yolanda chose taking the burden of her own emotional problems so as to not ruin Courtney's moment with Cameron. Radiating strong wingwoman energy.
    But her being a martyr isn't exactly a good thing. Her family treats her like crap, and Courtney is desperately trying to reach out to her. As nice as it would be for Courtney to have a love life, it shouldn't be at the expense of her friendship with Yolanda.

Incredible Member

We haven't talked about it here.
    But there is a proposed HBO Max Hourman film.
    I have seen the discussion on other threads, but not here.

Until something is formally released, or gets much closer, it is hard to know
    how real it is. Things get yanked after all.

If the film does appear is that the end of Rick Tyler on the show?
    If Hourman is leaving, how do you think the writers will ease him out?
    If Hourman stays, how does the film get reconciled with the show, or does it matter?

I'm not sure they would write Rick out. I think they are more comfortable with having multiple versions of characters out there in different mediums- just look at The Flash.

Speaking of, Entertainment Weekly has an article and a bunch of pics for John Wesley Shipp's upcoming appearance on the show (pay no attention to the video, that's all about Beth). Looking at the pictures, I can't help but wonder if they used digital de-aging on Shipp, as the episode will apparently be a flashback to the original JSA, and his face in a few of the pics looks... odd.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    (pay no attention to the video, that's all about Beth)
    ...but I like Beth.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    We haven't talked about it here.
    But there is a proposed HBO Max Hourman film.
    I have seen the discussion on other threads, but not here.

Until something is formally released, or gets much closer, it is hard to know
    how real it is. Things get yanked after all.

If the film does appear is that the end of Rick Tyler on the show?
    If Hourman is leaving, how do you think the writers will ease him out?
    If Hourman stays, how does the film get reconciled with the show, or does it matter?
    They're probably going to use the Matthew Tyler version of Hourman for the HBOMax film.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm not sure they would write Rick out. I think they are more comfortable with having multiple versions of characters out there in different mediums- just look at The Flash.

Speaking of, Entertainment Weekly has an article and a bunch of pics for John Wesley Shipp's upcoming appearance on the show (pay no attention to the video, that's all about Beth). Looking at the pictures, I can't help but wonder if they used digital de-aging on Shipp, as the episode will apparently be a flashback to the original JSA, and his face in a few of the pics looks... odd.
    Seeing JWS as Jay with the classic JSA feels so right .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seeing JWS as Jay with the classic JSA feels so right .
    I totally agree with you.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Can we get just one scene of Jay with Alan??

Incredible Member

Which is why when they bring up who should be in the JSA: Flash is always at the top of my list.
    It would be wonderful to see Alan as well, but maybe they are saving that for later with Jade and Obsidian.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I was hoping we'd see Alan after Jade showed up.

I hope we get at least one Shade/Jay scene.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I want to see him so bad.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Ultimate Member

I always wondered why Legends of Tomorrow never bothered to use Eclipso. Easy villain to depict, all things considered.

Glad they didn't, because holy sh*t, I've never seen a scarier villain on TV

Mighty Member

I liked how Beth was able not to fall for Eclipso's scare tactic.

Incredible Member

I found it an interesting episode. It was so thought provoking that it may take
    me a while to think about how I feel about it. The overall tone was Eclipso taking
    his shots at the team, which will continue to be a constant theme.

The opening with the teacher visiting Rick Tyler's home may strike some as unrealistic.
    I'll agree that is not teaching 101. But it has happened from time to time. My university
    actually fired a professor who had his female students do "private tutoring" at his apartment.
    I've felt like Rick when he had that cry from the heart about doing the right thing, but
    nothing ever working out. I'm sure lots of us were with Rick then.

It was heartbreaking that Rick jumped to conclusions about the death of the girl. It was
    all certainly real when he attacked his uncle by mistake, broke the hourglass, ended up in the
    back of a police car. It will be interesting what happens in the future. I hope, for Rick's case,
    that his uncle survives. There was a part of me which wondered if Grundy was going to break
    Rick out of jail.

It was good to see the JSA again, I mean the oldtimers in the shadow realm. I was hoping when
    Eclipso came for Beth, that she would show some spine. She did that with tremendous courage.
    The show continues to hold up the possibility that we will see the original Dr. Mid-nite, considering
    he was always one of my favorites, I hope he will be along eventually.

This episode had a sober feel. It certainly promises more of the same next week, but then
    you never know.

I think this was the darkest 4th of July episode I've ever watched. I mean, when the fireworks start up we have Eclipso trying to mentally break Beth and making Rick beat his uncle to death. Sure inspiring that patriotic spirit, huh?

Rick's teacher going out of her way to help him with college as an apology was a pretty nice thing for her to do. It's just too bad that Rick's uncle is still trash. If only Rex and his wife had turned to someone other than her brother. Dude even beats dogs! Dogs !

They sacrificed STRIPE and Hootie so we could have even more CG Grundy than I think we got in his season 1 appearances.

Poor Rick. He's still bottling up so much anger and resentment at how unfair his life has been and how no matter what he does, life doesn't seem to get better. Grundy may be a reanimated zombie monster, but he can relate.

I was suspicious of that Chapel family meeting when the parents showed up during the day and the mom actually made food when Beth seems to be the only one in this family that dedicated, but it turns out that when the Eclipso illusions started. It's kind of terrifying that Eclipso is so effective that you're never quite sure when reality sets back in or when you're stuck in a fantasy until someone or something wakes you out of it. Rick was whammied as soon as that radio call talked about the hunters showing up (at least I assume).

So not only is Eclispo a demonic force but he's also racist and sexist, although maybe that was just him intentionally preying on Beth's insecurities like he was with her happy-go-lucky demeanor and the fact that she kind of forced herself into being the new Dr. Mid-Nite without having the combat efficiency or aptitude for it. But unlike Yolanda and Rick she was actually able to find the willpower to fight off Eclipso, which impressed Dr. McNider.

Glad to know they have those OG!JSA actors on call even for small scenes of mental projections ganging up on Beth. Although Eclipso didn't summon OG!Mid-Nite, either because he couldn't or because he didn't think it could work?

Rick's uncle had it coming, but...still hope he's not dead for Rick's sake .

The Blue Valley police finally show for the first time to arrest Rick, ironically. With Grundy watching as he gets carted off I'm half-expecting Grundy to break Rick out of jail now that he's acknowledged Rick as his "friend."

I've had a lot of reservations regarding Beth's parents but it was nice to see them be genuinely supportive of her and let her know that they went through similar experiences, and they know she can push through it. Beth probably had the best ending of the entire cast in this episode, and she deserved it .

Looks like Eclispo is going to use Icicle or the trauma Barbara and Mike have regarding him to attack them. It was nice to see Barbara and Mike share a hug and for him to call her "mom."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A very good episode of Stargirl that focused on Rick and Beth.
    It was good to see some real character growth and showcasing for these characters after Yolanda got some spotlight time last week.

I think Beth's was the strongest if only because the writers knew they had written Beth as "the weakest", physically speaking. Am I the only viewer who feels like he fell for their trap?
    The trap being "Beth doesn't belong", "Beth is out of place" etc etc...all the themes that Eclipso was attempting to undermine and manipulate her with only for her to show that it is her intelligence and perseverance as to why she does belong.
    This was the most parental we've seen of the parents and the real them only got a few minutes but they were good minutes.
    Dr. McNighter is alive so that speculation being confirmed is cool. Curious to see where that goes now.

Poor Rick. The writers did the inverse. He's the character of strength, but was much more easily broken. Eclipso got him to destroy the "hour of power" necklace so where do we go from here with Hourman?
    The juxstaposition of the two main stories last night was well done.

The stinger at the end with the Icing up of the windows and house is foretelling.

Cosmo, so the staff now has a name. Will Cosmo be up and running next episode?
    Looks like STRIPE is nearly ready for a welcome back party.
    The Eclipso induced old JSA cameos were nice. Been wondering when Starman is going to show up again proper after that one appearance in the first episode this season.
    Shade, where are you? When are you coming back?
    Grundy's last scene by the silos....friend. Does Grundy break Rick out?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime