Page 135 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I'm not sure we will see Jade again. It would be wonderful if we did.

But it seemed like they were de-powering her a little, making it seem
    as though this was all new for her as well. If that is the case there
    will be growing pains for her, just like the rest of the cast.
    I think we'll see her again near the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Adding Power Girl would be a mistake as a Kryptonian level player could quickly squash all the players in the show, if you don't have PIS.
    Kryptonians have a weakness to magic. So they won't be "squashing" Fiddler, Eclipso, or Shade. Nor would they have squashed Wizard before his death. Plus PG has often succumbed in the comics to the TP of both Brainwave and Ultra. Other JSA villains yet to come include Mordru who would crush Krytonians solo, Extant (also) and Ultra who has physically matched PG and Supes a few times in that enhanced ape body of his even without his mental powers.

Let's also remer that PG isn't as powerful as other Kryptonians in comics

Astonishing Member

I'm talking about the current set. In most comic battles against magic, Kryptonians forget their powers in fights. None of those mentioned have (as far as I know), FTL reflexes. Nor do they have the ability to detect an incoming projectile at near light speed which PG could toss at them from a distance.

They usually stand there and get a spell cast. Want to squash Wizard, drop an asteroid on him.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It could also be that he's not her biological father. Stepfathers have a tendency to make an extra effort to please their stepchildren, often leading to being more permissive than they might be with their biological children.
    Co-sign on this. As a guy in a blended family I have had to check myself a few times over the years with my kids so that aspect of the storyline resonates with me as does Beth and her parents splitting up. Love how the storylines are hitting me in the feels.

I am wondering if Cindy is banking on Eclipso getting his hooks into mic and getting him on her team. Otherwise, what motivation would he have. We know he is feeling some type of way about not being in the JSA but I don't think its enough to put him on team ISA 2.0.

LOVE the shade. Layered baddie...he is right up there with Arrow season 2 Slade for me thus far. Really curious as to what his endgame will be.

I wouldn't think Cam would be a baddie, but of course he does not know about his dad, who he really was and the hand Courtney and Co had in his demise, so that could still nudge him on the bad side if only for a little while. Plus we know his grandparents will twist the narrative. Curious as to who he will go to for understanding on his powers.

This felt like a typical 'mid season finale' episode (though why it is ever called that, who knows) where they get beat down by the big bad of the season thus sowing seeds of doubt on how they will win. Like RF kicking Flash's ass, Zoom kicking Flash's ass, Merlyn kicking Oliver's ass, Kingpin kicking Daredevil's ass....etc.

Continues to be a great show I am thoroughly interested in.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Mighty Member

The live action look of Eclipso is awesome.

Ultimate Member

Okay...that fight was f**king great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Okay...that fight was f**king great.
    Yep...

Whoever worked up the cinematography in that fight sequence deserves an extra scoop of ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep...

Whoever worked up the cinematography in that fight sequence deserves an extra scoop of ice cream.
    That episode was freaking awesome. The fight scene was almost better than the seasonb1 finally. They're going to have to come up with something pretty good to top that for this seasons finally. I am so hyped for this show.

On a side note hopefully the drained cosmic staff might need the attention of an aging Ted Knight (it's inventor) to recharge it( PLEASE)

Incredible Member

don't mike still have the thunderbolt pen , couldn't he use it to defend himself against cindy ....

Incredible Member

It was really a tremendous episode. It wasn't just the action. It had
    a flow, that the previous episodes had been missing.

That Hourman fight man. I wouldn't want to fight Rick in a bar is all
    I am saying. I wish someone had taken that violin at the end then smashed
    it into a million pieces. Eclipso was tremendous, which was only the way it should be.
    I still haven't figured whether or not Shade is being made into the anti-hero piece here,
    his motivation is unclear.

It was nice to see the family gathering around Pat at the end. Mike and Pat even
    had a sweet moment.

I would like to see the JSA fight as a team, but that will perhaps come in time. Mid-nite
    seemed to be lost during her confrontation. But she has had a hard time lately. She should
    be improved in terms of her fighting abilities. She is the one of the group that seems a definite
    step behind. I love her as a person, but more could do be done with her.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    The live action look of Eclipso is awesome.
    Agreed. Eclipse was always so creepy when I was a kid and this episode (which was excellent, BTW) displayed that creepiness quite well.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This episode was fantastic, for DC-TV, the Arrowverse and I hope CW.

Finally, Shade in all his top hat and glasses glory!!
    Cindy/Courtney throwdown! Also, I'm sure she will find some way to blame Courtney for not saving her from the "doom" we just saw. I don't think she's dead, but elsewhere.
    Hourman/Rick with a strong showing as well as Yolonda.
    Beth...showing just how useless she is in the field. If this version of JSA ever needed an Oracle its this group with Beth.

Eclipso's look was very faithful looking. Going to be very curious what they come up with, that isn't cliche, to best him at seasons end.
    I don't feel Shade is dead but recuperating in the Darkness Dimension, or whatever it's called.

Mike to get his own suit of armor??
    I do want to see STRIPE with a 12' chainsaw if I'm being honest.

I do feel Fiddler 2 is dead though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Beth...showing just how useless she is in the field. If this version of JSA ever needed an Oracle its this group with Beth.
    Honestly, I don't think Beth did badly in the field at all, given her skill set. I mean yeah, ideally she should have been helping from back at the pit stop, but she provided some good distractions to help her teammates and she focused on rescuing the hostage while the others were fighting. Those are valid contributions, if not as flashy as what everyone else was doing.

Mike to get his own suit of armor??
    I do want to see STRIPE with a 12' chainsaw if I'm being honest.
    With the CW's budget, I doubt we'll even see the original STRIPE any time soon, much less a knockoff.

I do feel Fiddler 2 is dead though.
    Which is doubly sad because unlike the others, he really had no reason to be there at all, since the JSA did nothing to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just hope Cindy falls. Very, very deep. She should feel the full weight of her idiotic actions. And then I hope she disappears. She's really not made to carry a whole Season.
    Well I did ask for it, didn't I?

Anyways, great episode. Way to introduce a new villain there! Just hope he won't stay in kid form for the entire season. He looks great as he is.

Also, sad that Isaac died without knowing who really killed his mom.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep...

Gave me some James Bamford vibes from Arrow as he used a lot of the camera motion/transitions we saw in the school fight scenes as he did for Arrow.

I thought once again as cool as the fight was, the wire fu was unnecessary to the degree it was used. It took me out of the moment when they did it.

Was cool seeing Shade show up in his classic threads and get his ass kicked. Heck, everyone getting their ass kicked was nice. It set Eclipso up as even more of a threat after the thrashing he gave them in the last episode.

Cindy getting her comeuppance was expected. I wonder if she is in fact actually dead. I think the actress is too good in her role and the character too big to have actually killed her. I imagine she is in another dimension or something. Maybe she will run into Doctor Midnite. Will Shade have to turn to Doctor Midnite? I imagine there will be a payoff to the fact that Midnite is clearly in a shadow dimension and Eclipso mentioning that Shade's powers come from his dimension.

I thought Rick was going to rage out after getting his head dunked in the toilet. With the last episode bringing up the whole is he the monster or is Grundy, I wondered if Rick was going to go off on Artemis and start beating her senseless and have to stop himself.

All around fantastic episode I will be re-watching for the fight several times.

Last edited by KabutoRyder; 09-16-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia