Page 180 of 187 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Cameron didn't kill her parents, his dad did.

Maybe she'll go for an eye for an eye, which is funny because they're married in the comics.
    Yeah, but Artemis doesn't know his dad is alive and they all know Cameron has his dad's powers. She'd either go after him or his grandparents. The teens are the focus of the show (and there's more drama in her trying to kill Courtney's love interest) so just seems logical to me they'd go in that direction.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

That Dr. Mid-Nite thing was weird, I admit. It reminded me of Spider-Man's MCU costume programmed by Tony. Interesting how Courtney has gone full episodes out of costume. I guess this is to focus more on her human side this season.

Icicle and Ultra-Humanite? I'm glad this wasn't one straightforward murderer (I wonder if there's room for a Grundy return?). I think Ultra-Humanite will look better than how the Doom Patrol did Monsieur Mallah, but the question is how he'll stack up to the Flash's Grodd?

The Crocks' fate was rough. Especially after Crusher asked Pat to vent to him. Would've liked to see more Artemis with her parents, but maybe this means she'll get more screentime now.

Thunderbolt just mentioned Batman!? Does that confirm Batman exists in this universe in some form? Or just the Thunderbolt being omniscient in an irreverent way?
    Maybe Batman is just an urban legend at this point but he really exists in this Earth's version of Gotham City.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    [*]No ambiguity with the Crocks fate sadly. Didn't think I'd say that. It does leave us wondering who is Daddy-cicle alive??
    Probably some elemental mumbo jumbo where he just melted into water and then has been gathering his strength to get his human form back this whole time. I guess this gets Mike off the hook, and I'm kind of glad since he hadn't been acting like he killed someone this whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Yeah, but Artemis doesn't know his dad is alive and they all know Cameron has his dad's powers. She'd either go after him or his grandparents. The teens are the focus of the show (and there's more drama in her trying to kill Courtney's love interest) so just seems logical to me they'd go in that direction.
    The grandparents had more motive to kill the Crocks than Cameron did. I'm not sure if Cameron is even aware the Crocks were Supervillains or worked with his dad.

Then again Artemis is a jock so she might not think that deeply about it.

Mighty Member

Looked like Icicle had reformed. Guess not.

I like the he plays evil and crazy in such a low key, but menacing way. No over the top cackling.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I like the he plays evil and crazy in such a low key, but menacing way. No over the top cackling.
    Agreed. He's the most dangerous and scary kind of menace, the kind who believes he's virtuous, and all is excusable in pursuit of his greater good. Neil Jackson's portrayal is artfully understated.

Boisterously Confused

Rewatching S2. I know it's 100% coincidence, but an irony just hit me: Solomon Grundy is given a very Hulk-esque interpretation, complete with a teen buddy named Rick.

Man, so nostalgic watching the season 1 finale again! Sir Justin!

To be honest...it really felt in bad form that they just left the chunks of ice on the ground and never did anything about it. I guess if they had (the kind of follow up Sylvester was talking about) this would never have happened.

Y'know, despite everything, the Mahkent reunion felt real and genuine. Like they really love each other despite how monstrous Jordan and the grandmother can be.

So is the idea that Ultra-Humanite wrecked the trailer and Icicle was the one who finished the Gambler off? We still don't know why the Gambler had to die unless he stumbled into what Jordan's real plan is.

It's only in an episode where Rick sits things out that I realize the JSA is pretty much all girls, not counting the adults or the Young All Stars. Also that Courtney has used the staff/suited up in, maybe, 3-4 episodes of this entire season.

Even if you think the Crocks deserved what happened to them...Artemis didn't deserve to lose her parents, especially not like that.

Poor Pat lost his gym buddy and Barbara lost her bestie...and then there's the double-punch that the man who tried to kill her and wanted to get up her skirt is alive and well and back at her work.

Ah, I see. Jordan is using Courtney's big ethos this season of second chances and people being able to redeem themselves to justify his own redemption story (self-defense? What a joke) and get in Courtney's good graces. Granted Cameron also had a good point that she can preach accountability all she wants but they basically let bygones be bygones with the Crocks and Cindy despite what they had done. I mean, they're right about Jordan, but still.

Sylvester's character development got upended by probably the worst person to show back up in Blue Valley. Like, how else would he react to his archenemy and killer coming back and advocating for peace? Of course he would be back on the warpath. And I don't think anything is going to stop him.

Not even the ISA wanted the Ultra-Humanite? I guess he'd be harder to manage than Grundy.

That actually was a pretty smart plan to neutralize Icicle had he not gained the need for his powers to literally survive.

I guess Cindy isn't ready to work with Courtney yet and is having no luck with the Ultra-Humanite, so she's hedging her bets with the Young All-Stars. Also, clean thoughts Jakeem.

Barbara really is everyone's mom. Especially now that Paula, the only actual good mother in Blue Valley, is dead.

I think that's the first time we had a direct conversation between Courtney and Jordan that didn't involve them trying to kill each other. Good stuff!

Wow, I'm amazed Yolanda was able to have a brief conversation with her mom without her mom immediately berating or hanging up on her.

Icicle and the Ultra-Humanite are working together...which pretty much everyone could see coming. But what are they after?

Man, Artemis's screams were bloodcurling :/ Poor lass.

Yeah, I also didn't buy Jordan being a changed man for a single second. Still, the way Sylvester reacted, I seriously cannot stand this asshole anymore. Hope he gets clobbered.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Yeah, I also didn't buy Jordan being a changed man for a single second. Still, the way Sylvester reacted, I seriously cannot stand this asshole anymore. Hope he gets clobbered.
    Indeed. Very bloodcurdling, and also very heartbreaking. As for Jordan vs. Sylvester, maybe they should clobber each other and be done with it. That said, I do think DrNewGod summed up pretty well what makes Jordan Mahkent so dangerous --- he believes he is fundamentally just and righteous and therefore justified in what he's doing, no matter how much death and suffering he causes or inflicts. Of course, with Sylvester seeming increasingly similar in his own mindset --- he's justified in his revenge against Jordan, no matter who he has to run roughshod over to get it --- that could set up a nightmare of a confrontation. Has nobody seriously read or recited Nietzsche's famous quote about "he who fights monsters" as a warning to Sylvester about what he's in danger of becoming at this rate?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Yeah. Artemis has been dislikable from appearance one, but if she didn't break your heart in this ep, you probably don't have one. Additionally, Barbara is a wonderful human being in her depth of kindness and compassion.

These last few episodes really make the cancellation sting. It feels like everything is just finally clicking.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Probably some elemental mumbo jumbo where he just melted into water and then has been gathering his strength to get his human form back this whole time. I guess this gets Mike off the hook, and I'm kind of glad since he hadn't been acting like he killed someone this whole time.
    You pegged that one good sir.

I never felt it likely that Icicle was a reformer like the Crocks. His excuse to an outsider that he was surprised by the Crocks and wishes it had gone different never held cause we saw him. He could've pulled back a few times. Now, him teaming with the Ultra-Humanite was a tad more of a surprise.

Sylvester is off the deep end again. Bummer seem had drank the Zen Juice but crazy Starman is back.

Then there were 2...two episodes to go.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Based on the title of the next episode, "The Last Will and Testament of Sylvester Pemberton" (out 11/30), I have hopes they will finally kill this guy off! His whole story hasn't brought much to the show IMHO and think his only purpose is to save on special effects since typically he's "elsewhere" with the staff.

Still betting it's Cameron that ultimately kills his father. Or his father has to kill him to save himself.

Assuming they have to provide some screen time to resolve the overloaded Hourman plot. Hourman and Grundy providing the final punch needed to take down Humanite?

Also some screen time is neeeded to show the actual last stand of the Gambler. Lot to close out with only 1:30 of runtime to go.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Based on the title of the next episode, "The Last Will and Testament of Sylvester Pemberton" (out 11/30), I have hopes they will finally kill this guy off! His whole story hasn't brought much to the show IMHO and think his only purpose is to save on special effects since typically he's "elsewhere" with the staff.

Still betting it's Cameron that ultimately kills his father. Or his father has to kill him to save himself.

Assuming they have to provide some screen time to resolve the overloaded Hourman plot. Hourman and Grundy providing the final punch needed to take down Humanite?

Also some screen time is neeeded to show the actual last stand of the Gambler. Lot to close out with only 1:30 of runtime to go.
    I feel like it would be a waste to just kill him off, but maybe this was all just to build up Courtney retaking being Stargirl 100%.

Boisterously Confused

I feel like it would be a waste to just kill him off, but maybe this was all just to build up Courtney retaking being Stargirl 100%.
    I think so. It definitely feels like we're building toward Stargirl realizing she's got to take the staff from Sly, and can't share her responsibility for it.