Page 103 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2791
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Turns out all the fearmongering was unfounded. Season 3 confirmed!

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/kun...mpression=true
    Cool; that's good news.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'll keep my excitement contained until I see the first CW season.

Yay !

I wonder if this is the season we get the Jr. ISA...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I was pleasantly surprised by Stargirl S1. Isn't S2 filming? I didn't see in that article about when S2 debuts but I'm guessing Fall.
    The CW-verse fan in me is hoping that Stargirl paired with Superman & Lois can be the quality revival this super-verse of shows needs.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by Stargirl S1. Isn't S2 filming? I didn't see in that article about when S2 debuts but I'm guessing Fall.
    The CW-verse fan in me is hoping that Stargirl paired with Superman & Lois can be the quality revival this super-verse of shows needs.
    Season 2 is starting in August, and will be paired with supergirl.

I thought this was Supergirls last season?

Supergirl final season airing right now because they had to stop production on Superman because members of the crew caught covid. They didn't have enough episodes in the can to keep it going.

Supergirl returns in August.

Where does it say a Supergirl S7 in August is happening. My google-fu still shows S6 as the end.

The writers got warning about Season 7 not happening. That should mean the sixth season is written as a goodbye to the show.

However, this doesn’t mean the characters can’t show up again. Remember we have Superman & Lois on the air now. There are also options through the other CWverse shows, including The Flash and even Stargirl! Everything is set within the same universe.

Where does it say a Supergirl S7 in August is happening. My google-fu still shows S6 as the end.
    He didn't say that there was a season 7. Just that it be back in August. CW likes putting their shows on hiatus.

Incredible Member

While things have and are improving, we're still dealing with a pandemic. TV and movie schedules still working themselves back to normal. The new season of most shows didn't even start until Feb/March as-is.

Season 6 of Supergirl was meant to debut later this year. But as stated previously, a crewmember on Superman and Lois tested positive for COVID-19, and production was forced to shut down. So the CW decided to air the first 7 episodes of Supergirl, which had already been completed, in order to allow time for the quarantine on Superman and Lois to end and for production to resume. Now that they have several episodes in the can, they are going back to their time slot, and Supergirl will be on hiatus until late August, when the rest of season 6 will then begin to air.

I'm now following. So Supergirl S6 entered an extended hiatus this week...until August. It then comes back paired with Stargirl to wrap its final season.
    They are going to need one heck of a "Previously On" segment when it comes back.

I did know about the Covid situation shutting down Superman & Lois, did not realize that also impacted filming of Supergirl though.

Anyway a Supergirl/Stargirl pairing sounds great...I'll watch them at lunch and not in real time all the same.

Boisterously Confused

So, I just streamed S1 on HBO Max. I had no expectations, not having read the comic and avoiding this thread until now. Give or take an item or two with the finale, I was very pleased.

I'll rehash only two of the discussions in the previous 102 pages of the thread:
    • The depiction of this series' Dr. Mid-Nite pretty well makes a mockery of any rumbles arguments based on comics canon.
    • I'm not sure that I agree with opinions on this thread pointing out Sportsmaster and Tigress' aversion to The Gambler's litter as sign being complex characters. I can just as easily see it as a pair of bullying jocks imposing their will on that physically inferior class nerd who thinks himself smarter than them. Their environmentalism may be nothing more than a narcissistic tendency one sometimes sees in fitness-freaks: "discipline makes me superior." True, they love each other, and their daughter (or, at least, their vision of what their daughter should achieve), but I don't know if there's any goal in their hearts other than the satisfaction of their cat-like instincts in a world they see filled with mice. All that said, the Crocks were each a lot of fun.

Other than that, I have only a few others things to add.

I was a bit surprised in reading the thread that no post really got into the meta-partisan-rights/sustainability message in the last two eps. Simultaneously, they seemed to roar:
    • Conservatives! Look at what you may be unleashing by refusing to fix anything so that you can nostalgically hold onto a dying yesterday!
    • Progressives! Look at what you may be doing to everyone else in the pursuit of your vision of a perfect world!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Comic book shows sometimes merge styles from different times. The Batman animated series in the 1990s, for instance, clearly had modern technology, yet the cars were all in 1940s styles, all the TVs were black and white and football players were depicted wearing leather helmets.
    I had to wonder if some of the time-mishmash in this show was a deliberate wink at the audience about the way superhero comics have either ignored the passage of time, or created utter clusterf***s in trying to deal with it. That would not only include Pat's flip phone, but also the dates for when events in the show's internal Golden Age occurred, versus the dates in the show's "now." Maybe S2 will do more to resolve it, but in some ways, I hope that it doesn't.

I liked a lot in this series, but I don't know if anything affected me as deeply as the scene in "Shining Knight" where Courtney realizes why her biological father really came to see her. Her surrender to the depths of her own disappointment was wrenching, and I couldn't help a large sense of schadenfreude watching Dugan bid Kurtis farewell.

I adored the tenuous alliances and downright hostilities among the ISA. The only times I can remember seeing that done so well were DC's Villains United and Secret Six event minis, and the "Under Siege" rendition of The Masters of Evil in Marvel's The Avengers (Busiek's Thunderbolts as well, but they were an extension of the Siege Masters). The surprise isn't that some of these blokes fell out, but that Icicle held all their flaws and resentments in check as long as he did.

Speaking of whom, Icicle deserves a portrait hung next to Severus Snape in some Complex & Scary Character Hall Of Fame.

Given the abilities Dragon King gave Shiv, and the gruesome degree of transformation he underwent, I'm not counting on impaling to really end him.

Boisterously Confused

One question. Icicle's dinner blessing suggests that maybe an ancient Norse cult is part of his family heritage. Has that ever been presented as part of his character background or as a source of his powers in the comics?