Page 68 of 187 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2791
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Aside from stargirl, the heroes powers are effing terrible. The son with brainwave powers are infinitely cooler than the entire "hero" team.

Also, I wish they did not kill off the wizard family. The kid could have been a defector with magic powers on the side of the heroes, but of course the cooler/flashier more impressive power has to be scrapped for goggles girl, and ME STRONG. I'm hoping something comes of his investigations on what happened to the wife, maybe that cat turns up, or the hat with the wand. Where is the want btw, did icicle take it after he killed his partner?
    I personally don't think that the wizard kid is dead. There are clues in the show that lead me to believe that he did some magic trick and lived before the car hit him.

Remember when Icicle spoke to the magician and told him he wasn't powerful enough for the wand and then the magician's kid on the bus stated that he felt his magic getting stronger? Pretty sure Stargirl is leading up to all the ISA parents either dying, coma, or going to jail. After that happens all of the kids will be left to fight amongst each other. And I think that the magician's son will try to kill Icicles to avenge his father's death.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    IMO, filler episodes are where all of the fun happens.
    As much as I love the Arrowverse, I feel a lot of the episodes for those shows could be cut down drastically. I feel less that way about shows Berlanti does for other networks, however, like Sabrina and (so far) Stargirl.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Intermediary

Aside from stargirl, the heroes powers are effing terrible. The son with brainwave powers are infinitely cooler than the entire "hero" team.

Also, I wish they did not kill off the wizard family. The kid could have been a defector with magic powers on the side of the heroes, but of course the cooler/flashier more impressive power has to be scrapped for goggles girl, and ME STRONG. I'm hoping something comes of his investigations on what happened to the wife, maybe that cat turns up, or the hat with the wand. Where is the want btw, did icicle take it after he killed his partner?
    if you go back and check the old JSA comics, yeah they seem a little silly

Alan Scott couldn't penetrate wood, Dr Mid-Nite was like Velma if he lost his glasses, and Wildcat was just a really good fighter in a cat suit

it is inherently silly

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    if you go back and check the old JSA comics, yeah they seem a little silly

Alan Scott couldn't penetrate wood, Dr Mid-Nite was like Velma if he lost his glasses, and Wildcat was just a really good fighter in a cat suit

it is inherently silly
    Ted Grant in a nutshell .

Hell, the Atom was just a short guy who decided to fight crime.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Hell, the Atom was just a short guy who decided to fight crime.
    What’s the consensus from JSA fans of Al Pratt not existing in the show?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

That's half the fun. They're just a rag tag team, like the original JSA.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I also get some inner conflict vibes from Cindy...theres other stuff going on with her besides the obvious
    She's pretty much the most psychopathic of the group. There is some conflict, but none of it is of a moral nature.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What’s the consensus from JSA fans of Al Pratt not existing in the show?
    I can understand why he'd be left out. He's either duplicating Wildcat's skill set as his origin had him trained by the same guy as Ted Grant or if you go with the later "atomic strength" version he's Hourman without the time limit. Then factor in the need to cast a short actor so the Atom name makes sense.

But personally I'd take Al Pratt and Nuklon/Atom-smasher over both Hourmen and if not for Yolanda I'd welcome losing Wildcat (Ted) in exchange for Al being the JSA's expert hand-to-hand guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I can understand why he'd be left out. He's either duplicating Wildcat's skill set as his origin had him trained by the same guy as Ted Grant or if you go with the later "atomic strength" version he's Hourman without the time limit. Then factor in the need to cast a short actor so the Atom name makes sense.

But personally I'd take Al Pratt and Nuklon/Atom-smasher over both Hourmen and if not for Yolanda I'd welcome losing Wildcat (Ted) in exchange for Al being the JSA's expert hand-to-hand guy.
    I was kind of expecting Atom-Smasher to be part of the teenage JSA and avoid the skeeviness of his comic relationship with Courtney.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was kind of expecting Atom-Smasher to be part of the teenage JSA and avoid the skeeviness of his comic relationship with Courtney.
    If the show lasts, they’ll probably wait until Courtney is a senior before bringing Atom-Smasher in, so they can justify her fraternizing with an older male.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post

The thing is Al only trained in boxing and for strength training. Ted also mastered Krav Maga, Hapkido, and calier.... (I cant remember how thenother one is spelled, its the martial art of the dance and where all his flip and hand stand moves come from)

Added to which it was a thing with Ted in solos stories (like JSA Classified and in mini series) that he could watch a fight style and adapt it to his own. In one story some organisation was draining skills from old fighters and putting it it into young kids. They did it to Ted and he was able to take them down by changing it up and using Joe Lewis'Style, and Ali's and others.

Thats a lot more skill then All Pratt ever showed.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If the show lasts, they’ll probably wait until Courtney is a senior before bringing Atom-Smasher in, so they can justify her fraternizing with an older male.
    ....ya know

I don't see that

Extraordinary Member

....ya know

I don't see that
    What?!? A 18 year old with a 21 year old?

It’s definitely not uncommon.

If Al Pratt/Atom had been included in this show, how do you imagine they might have retconned in a "talisman" or object of power that Courtney could bestow upon a new Atom the way Wildcat's costume, Hourman's hourglass and Dr Mid-Nite's goggles were key to their powers?

BTW, when McNider was Dr Mid-Nite, what was the AI in the goggles when he wore them??? I don't imagine it was himself.