Page 13 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm curious who they are allowed to reference and who they aren't. We know they can't reference Green Lantern but they can reference Flash. I think the photo that she was holding was blurry for a reason. I'm also curious how long the JSA has been around in this universe. The opening suggested they'd been around for decades but the members we saw were fairly young. We saw Hawkman, Dr Fate, Flash, Wildcat, supposedly GL, Hourman, Dr Midnight. I'd be curious what the rules are and who they can and can't use and why. I doubt a character like Power Girl will be showing up, for instance.
    The show is Geoff Johns baby and given the position of power he had at the time this was being developed I imagine he had more say on what he wanted use than the CW heroes shows usually have.

Fantastic Member

The only thing I outright disliked is how the junior JSA just happens to be that group of "losers" sitting at the same table in the cafeteria. Sorry, Geoff. There's coincidence and then there's dumb.

Everybody in town being overly nice must be a plot point that felt way too on the nose even if they wanted to show how "nice" Blue Valley is.

As for the comments for the opening sequence, I feel like everything about that night wasn't fully shown. I could see Courtney facing off with the villains we see at the start and then towards the end a bigger conspiracy/the missing JSA members reveal themselves. At least I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    The only thing I outright disliked is how the junior JSA just happens to be that group of "losers" sitting at the same table in the cafeteria. Sorry, Geoff. There's coincidence and then there's dumb.
    It's kind of a well-worn cliche .
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Everybody in town being overly nice must be a plot point that felt way too on the nose even if they wanted to show how "nice" Blue Valley is.

As for the comments for the opening sequence, I feel like everything about that night wasn't fully shown. I could see Courtney facing off with the villains we see at the start and then towards the end a bigger conspiracy/the missing JSA members reveal themselves. At least I hope.
    Yeah, I think the Injustice Society is definitely doing something to the town.

I think the only JSA member we explicitly saw die was Starman. Wildcat was still breathing the last Stripesy saw him (unless those were supposed to be his last breaths). We don't know what happened to Mid-Nite after that shadow thing grabbed him. I don't know if there were bodies left over for them to bury although if Pat thought there was any chance the JSA might still be alive, he'd probably jump at it.

I'm curious if Rick knows what happened to his dad.

Incredible Member

i think dugan went to blue valley in tthe first place was him tracking the injustice society whereabouts as we saw in the boxes , also why he has that giant robot in the first place in the empty garage lot. he just never expected coutney to take the staff
    Last edited by marshal88; 05-20-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think one of the promos mentioned Fate dying in the attack. The Helmet might be looking for a new host.
    Well, in the words of Ted Knight- "if you weren't shown a body" 'n all.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-20-2020 at 08:46 PM.

I've been to Nebraska many times. Mostly small towns like how Blue Valley is depicted. And honestly, its not far off. Needs more corn fields right outside of town, but otherwise, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I've been to Nebraska many times. Mostly small towns like how Blue Valley is depicted. And honestly, its not far off. Needs more corn fields right outside of town, but otherwise, yeah.
    Not many corn fields in and around Atlanta

I'm a music teacher and actually played a school concert in one of the High Schools that was used in the show.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I don't think it was quite perfect, but I quite enjoyed it.

I agree that all of the new JSAers being at the same lunch table is lame, but my hope is that only Rick is related to a former member and Courtney just recruits the other two to join the cause. That'd make it a bit easier to stomach. It sucked to see the JSA offed in the opening scene, but somehow I think it was left ambiguous. I imagine that we'll see some old timers at some point in the series. And I'm also not sure how I feel about the Cosmic Rod being a character. Makes it feel a little too much like the Magic Carpet, but there are worse things in the world and it does make a bit of narrative sense.

However, I do think the got Courtney's spirit down perfectly, which IMO is the most important thing to do in a show where she's the main character. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I agree that all of the new JSAers being at the same lunch table is lame, but my hope is that only Rick is related to a former member and Courtney just recruits the other two to join the cause.
    If they keep it true to the comics Beth doesn't have a direct connection to Charles McNider (Mid-Nite), although I wonder if Ted Grant was still Yolanda's godfather.

Theory: given that James Robinson is working on the show, they cast Henry Thomas as Dr. Mid-Nite (a name actor suggesting a greater role down the road), and that it appears a pair of "shadowy hands" grabbed Mid-Nite and pulled him out of the battle, I'm willing to bet we're going to see Shade as the kind of anti-hero he's been portrayed as recently, and Mid-Nite will take the place of Jack Knight in terms of having a friendship with him. Robinson has a soft spot for Dr. Mid-Nite (having him portray the 1950s Starman for a bit in the comic) and the idea of a man who controls shadows and a hero who's blind but can see in the dark having some kind of friendship (or even relationship) feels like an interesting match. I wouldn't be surprised if Mid-Nite is still alive, just in hiding with the Shade, and gives Beth Chapel his blessing for her to take over the role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see the Cosmic Rod takes after the Cloak of Levitation in being a traditionally non-sentient iconic item of a hero turned into a sentient pal.
    This is obviously an addition for the TV show. I was wondering if this somehow happened when Sylvester died and his personality -- or soul was poured into the rod. Maybe Fate or even the Spectre somehow caused this to transpire. That would help explain why the rod wanted to Courtney to train.
    Last edited by kcekada; 05-21-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

I agree. The friendliness of the two is most likely a plot point -- and has something to do with the Injustice Society hiding out in Blue Valley. Though one wonders why they would be hiding after taking out the JSA.

Did Pat want to move there because of the Injustice Society. Because both his family and the villains ending up ion a small Nebraska town only by chance is just too hard to swallow.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Did anyone else think Grundy's grunts kind of sounded like he was mumbling "Solomon Grundy?"
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I agree. The friendliness of the two is most likely a plot point -- and has something to do with the Injustice Society hiding out in Blue Valley. Though one wonders why they would be hiding after taking out the JSA.
    I kind of assume they retired after they won since most of them are raising kids now and don't seem to be active Supervillains, at least until Brainwave found out about the Cosmic Staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Did Pat want to move there because of the Injustice Society. Because both his family and the villains ending up ion a small Nebraska town only by chance is just too hard to swallow.
    There's got to be a reason he was keeping around the mecha suit.