Page 115 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder when the seven soldiers existed in this show's timeline since they were important too.
    I think they might incorporate the time travel aspect of their history in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they might incorporate the time travel aspect of their history in the show.
    That may happen but I think they are more likely to make them a second generational team. So if they do the whole time displacement thing with Nebula man I would say they will be displaced from the 60s or 70s and returned in the 90s. The themes of the seven soldier motifs just don't sit well enough with the modern era of 80s plus for them to fit there, but would as the flower power or village people era. I would think theybwould want to shift as much as they can from the 40s to keep the story more linier and only maintain limited links to the era for the hardcore fans to keep them on the hook.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I really can't understand how you think a bio shown on screen clearly stating that Midnite was a member of the JSA from 1941 till 2010 doesn't prove that a JSA existed in 1941. I'm dying to hear the explanation that makesnit not proof.
    Because it's like Wikipedia and anybody can add info to it?

EDIT: I thought you were referring to that site you posted from yesterday. Yes, the photos you just posted I haven't argued against, only that it still doesn't mean the JSA as a whole was around in the '40s (at least on this Earth). When the show actually presents it as fact, then I'll go along with it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BTW, I'm still of the belief that people forgetting about the JSA is still the most idiotic thing the writers could come up with. Look at all the make-believe things people know about - the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, the Bermuda Triangle, ancient aliens, etc... that have countless books, movies, and TV shows made about them. Yet, humans would have lost the knowledge of superheroes from the recent past? I can go along with lots of things regarding comic-book logic, but I can't be gaslighted to buy that.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    BTW, I'm still of the belief that people forgetting about the JSA is still the most idiotic thing the writers could come up with. Look at all the make-believe things people know about - the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, the Bermuda Triangle, ancient aliens, etc... that have countless books, movies, and TV shows made about them. Yet, humans would have lost the knowledge of superheroes from the recent past? I can go along with lots of things regarding comic-book logic, but I can't be gaslighted to buy that.
    I head canon it away by the fact that almost every every American in 1970 knew who Johnny Unitas was, and these days it seems to be only those that are scholar/fans of US football. In a similar vein, a large percentage of kids in the late 1960s could tell you the name of every Mercury and Gemini astronaut, but today, all of them but Armstrong - and to a lesser degree, Glenn, Aldrin, and the crew of Apollo 13 - are known only to serious space flight-ophiles.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 08-03-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I head canon it away by the fact that almost every every American in 1970 new who Johnny Unitas was, and these days it seems to be only those that are scholar/fans of US football. In a similar vein, a large percentage of kids in the late 1960s could tell you the name of every Mercury and Gemini astronaut, but today, all of them but Armstrong - and to a lesser degree, Glenn, Aldrin, and the crew of Apollo 13 - are known only to serious space flight-ophiles.
    We're talking supeheroes! Guys who can fly, run faster than the speed of sound, have superhuman strength, etc. There's no way people would not be talking about them. I mean, using your examples, not everyone might know of Unitas and Armstrong (monster names when I was growing up 50 years ago), but they know about football teams and the moon landings. Well, there could be a world where people might not know the name of every JSA member, but they sure as heck would know there was a super team with incredible powers
    within the past hundred years.

Think of it this way: any time a kid watched a fantasy-type program or movie with an older person, the latter wouldn't mention that there were really people with amazing powers before? Obviously, they would. Frankly, it's inconceivable to think otherwise, IMO.

Ultimate Member

We're talking supeheroes! Guys who can fly, run faster than the speed of sound, have superhuman strength, etc. There's no way people would not be talking about them. I mean, using your examples, not everyone might know of Unitas and Armstrong (monster names when I was growing up 50 years ago), but they know about football teams and the moon landings. Well, there could be a world where people might not know the name of every JSA member, but they sure as heck would know there was a super team with incredible powers

Think of it this way: any time a kid watched a fantasy-type program or movie with an older person, the latter wouldn't mention that there were really people with amazing powers before? Obviously, they would. Frankly, it's inconceivable to think otherwise, IMO.
    Meh, this is America

We've normalized mass shootings.

Superheroes would become normalized over time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Meh, this is America

We've normalized mass shootings.

Superheroes would become normalized over time as well.
    That last sentence would be true if and only superheroes were around for centuries. In that case, yeah, the JSA may not be a household name at that time. But we're talking about the dawn of superheroes beginning in a time not that long ago where there would be numerous people still alive who would remember them in awe. Therefore, I have zero doubt they wouldn't be forgotten.

Boisterously Confused

I didn't say it was good head canon, simply that it was what I use.

I didn't say it was good head canon, simply that it was what I use.
    Heh. I sometimes have to leave my brain outside the door when I watch these shows, too.

Because it's like Wikipedia and anybody can add info to it?

EDIT: I thought you were referring to that site you posted from yesterday. Yes, the photos you just posted I haven't argued against, only that it still doesn't mean the JSA as a whole was around in the '40s (at least on this Earth). When the show actually presents it as fact, then I'll go along with it.
    I posted the clip that that photo is from yesterday also and statedbit was 1 minute 58 into the clip. I've also said pretty much since then that it only means of the JSAers we have heard of in the shoe only Midnite is from that era while the rest joined later (which is what is stated on the wiki I mentioned).

While the bio has to mean there was a JSA for him to be a member of back then it doesn't mean it has to be the JSA we've seen.

My personal belief is that any 40s JSA would have to be purely the gimmicked mystery men types without superpowers. A super powered team existing that long couldn't have flown under the radar for it not to be more common knowledge. A mystery man team might have been brushed off as urban legend over time however. Like I said it's a throw in to appease hard core fans without committing everything to the drawn out history of the comics.

A teenage daughter for the likes of Alan etc in the 80s (meaning he fathered one in his 40s) is buyable (I was 40 when I stated a family and now in my 60s have a 9 yr old, 13 yr old, and 14 yr old). Them having said kid a teenager in 2020 is totally NOT. So no JSAer who has a second generation starting now can be from the 40s. That isnt what I'm saying.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I posted the clip that that photo is from yesterday also and statedbit was 1 minute 58 into the clip. I've also said pretty much since then that it only means of the JSAers we have heard of in the shoe only Midnite is from that era while the rest joined later (which is what is stated on the wiki I mentioned).

While the bio has to mean there was a JSA for him to be a member of back then it doesn't mean it has to be the JSA we've seen.

My personal belief is that any 40s JSA would have to be purely the gimmicked mystery men types without superpowers. A super powered team existing that long couldn't have flown under the radar for it not to be more common knowledge. A mystery man team might have been brushed off as urban legend over time however. Like I said it's a throw in to appease hard core fans without committing everything to the drawn out history of the comics.

A teenage daughter for the likes of Alan etc in the 80s (meaning he fathered one in his 40s) is buyable (I was 40 when I stated a family and now in my 60s have a 9 yr old, 13 yr old, and 14 yr old). Them having said kid a teenager in 2020 is totally NOT. So no JSAer who has a second generation starting now can be from the 40s. That isnt what I'm saying.
    Seriously, if you work this hard at it, you're a) gonna get disappointed by the show canon, b) wasting an important part of your life.

Seriously, if you work this hard at it, you're a) gonna get disappointed by the show canon, b) wasting an important part of your life.
    I'm not going to be disappointed because I don't care one way or another what era the JSA came from. As long as they produce a decent show (which they have this far, and I'm pretty easily pleased). All I'm saying and have said is that any assertion that last season proved that the JSA was solely from the 90s isn't correct. We had on screen proof that a JSA existed in 41. I'm also saying that I don't think they will commit most of the team to any era so as to not offput any section of the fanbase. If they commit to a complete 40s link like the actual comic they would disenfranchise the wider CW audience. If they commit to a more recent time frame they disenfranchise the more classic fanbase of the source material. That's why they will more than likely leave it ambiguous and open to interpretation. It is let's face it why imagery like B&W has been used but examples of more modern things in the picture. What I've suggested is simply what I beleived is the best middle ground.

Boisterously Confused

I was rewatching S1. Is it just me, or did Starmam come off as almost as big a jerk as Courtney's dad?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I was rewatching S1. Is it just me, or did Starmam come off as almost as big a jerk as Courtney's dad?
    Wouldn't say he was as bad as Court's dad, but to ol Stripesy, yes he seems to be a supreme douche.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia