Page 85 of 187 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Simply because I observed that they possess some redeeming traits among them, does not mean I think they are good people
    Well, yeah, they seem like great parents (aside from Brainwave) and fine citizens when you don't know them well, but pretty awful people otherwise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I still have a feeling he'll acquire the thunderbolt.
    Maybe he'll use it for a short time, but I think it will ultimately end up with Jakeen Williams. Why? A couple of reasons: 1) Because Mike Dugan's "inheritance" as it was suggested in the Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. comic is that he would inherit S.T.R.I.P.E. and possibly the role of being the JSA's mechanic/gadget man. and 2) Taking a power that's been associated with a Black character for approximately 20 years now in the comics and passing over that character in order to give it to a white character who previously never had it when there's a shortage of Black superheroes that are known to the public is an absolute dick move.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Maybe he'll use it for a short time, but I think it will ultimately end up with Jakeen Williams. Why? A couple of reasons: 1) Because Mike Dugan's "inheritance" as it was suggested in the Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. comic is that he would inherit S.T.R.I.P.E. and possibly the role of being the JSA's mechanic/gadget man. and 2) Taking a power that's been associated with a Black character for approximately 20 years now in the comics and passing over that character in order to give it to a white character who previously never had it when there's a shortage of Black superheroes that are known to the public is an absolute dick move.
    And they actually name-dropped Jakeem...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And they actually name-dropped Jakeem...
    Yeah. Some could have just taken that as an Easter Egg, though. But Geoff Johns did say that this show didn't have any Easter eggs that wouldn't go undeveloped, didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Yeah. Some could have just taken that as an Easter Egg, though. But Geoff Johns did say that this show didn't have any Easter eggs that wouldn't go undeveloped, didn't he?
    Pretty much. It wouldn't really make sense to name-drop Johnny's successor and not use him.

I have zero sympathy for Cindy and was so glad to see Brainwave verbally bitchslap her.

Can’t wait for the finale and the showdown with the ISA.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mighty Member

The Injustice Society sure do enjoy killing their own members.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    The Injustice Society sure do enjoy killing their own members.
    Honestly, she brought that on herself. How did she think it would go being condescending and questioning the parental love of people she knows revels in violence?

Mighty Member

It is kind of hard to believe that Ito a WWII Japanese fascist is now a perfect modern liberal. He really should have a plan of his own to kill the others except for Brainwave if he can figure out a control mechanism and rule the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Honestly, she brought that on herself. How did she think it would go being condescending and questioning the parental love of people she knows revels in violence?
    She should know better after replacing all those faculty they've killed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is why you should never hang out with psychos unless you have a plan to kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    It is kind of hard to believe that Ito a WWII Japanese fascist is now a perfect modern liberal. He really should have a plan of his own to kill the others except for Brainwave if he can figure out a control mechanism and rule the world.
    I don't think Ito shares their modern liberalism. Their plan allows him to flex his mad scientist muscles and that's what he's on board for.

Could it be possible that, with Justin "past his glory days" (his own words), that Michael becomes the next Shining Knight? Just a thought I had is all. And I know the comics didn't go that way, but Mike does want to help out and all.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Who says he's a perfect modern liberal? The way he treats his daughter alone shows that he is the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...er what?

Jordan went on a rampage, killing polluters who accidently caused his wife's death. The manifesto is a logical extension of his actions, and Tigress and Sportsmaster's concern for their town and daughter.

The ISA isn't made up completely of bastards. Most are parents who want the best world for their children
    At no point in the series have Sportsmaster and Tigress displayed concern for anything other than themselves and their daughter (to be specific, what they want their daughter to be). There's a reason Bowin called them out for being so sadistic in this episode, which they ended up proving when they killed her over an insult. Brainwave killed his own son and is dead set on blaming everyone but himself for his decision and by the admission of the resident telepath, Ito views Cindy as more of an experiment - and a failed one at that - than a daughter. And the Gambler doesn't have any kids.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-04-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Could it be possible that, with Justin "past his glory days" (his own words), that Michael becomes the next Shining Knight? Just a thought I had is all. And I know the comics didn't go that way, but Mike does want to help out and all.
    Justin has a successor in Ystina. I wonder if she be brought into the show.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 08-04-2020 at 08:29 PM.