Page 134 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I love Pat. But I wonder just what his approach to parenting is at times.
    Stargirl can pretty much do whatever she wants. Even when busted breaking
    curfew, she can really twist Pat around her finger, then it goes away. While
    poor Mike gets hit with a ton of bricks nearly every week. At least this week after a heavy
    lecture, Pat relented, promised to bring Mike into the circle. Good thing too, I was starting
    to feel sorry for the guy.

I hope that we get more about the original Dr. Mid-nite, it seemed as though got dropped
    a little this week, although mentioned. Others on this thread had mentioned the Rick and Beth
    romance, but it had seemed very limited. But we saw more of it this week, I see it now. I felt
    bad for Beth with the looming divorce.

I am still not sure what Shade is doing here. Is it me or have other people noticed he talks like
    a Scooby Doo villain sometimes? I'm sure that is not the impact that the producers intend.
    I felt that the special effects weren't bad when Stargirl had her confrontation toward the end of
    this episode. I wonder if we will see the art teacher again.

Next week is supposed to be the big confrontation between Cindy and the misfits against the JSA.
    I'm not sure how Shade sounds like a Scooby-Doo villain. I guess because his tone is a little exaggerated? It's pretty clear Shade is trying to take care of Eclipso because he thinks it's too dangerous.

Incredible Member

Yes, the exaggerated tone. I'm not going to guess at Shade's longterm goals here.

Random nitpick (since we're talkin' Shade): if they're not going to let Shade have his sunglasses/top hat most of the time, I feel he should at least have a dark grey or black shirt, or maybe the ascot(w/3-piece suit) as Sportsmaster mentioned -- something. I get they don't want him to look too Dickensian, but he looks too "regular" in just the suit.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The more I see of Cameron the more I don't want him becoming a villain. I can't imagine him being Icicle Jr with the way he's been characterized.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Random nitpick (since we're talkin' Shade): if they're not going to let Shade have his sunglasses/top hat most of the time, I feel he should at least have a dark grey or black shirt, or maybe the ascot(w/3-piece suit) as Sportsmaster mentioned -- something. I get they don't want him to look too Dickensian, but he looks too "regular" in just the suit.
    Maybe they're saving the proper Shade look for when he really gets serious, like when he faced off against the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...Super Society of Super Villains? I don't actually know if that's right, I'm just taking a stab in the dark here.
    Close, it's SECRET Society of Super-Villains.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_So...Super-Villains
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Close, it's SECRET Society of Super-Villains.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_So...Super-Villains
    Considering I had no clue the team existed, did a good job guessing the acronym still.
    I always find it weird when villains outright label themselves as such...

Incredible Member

Power Girl and Star Girl are close friends in the comics. Do you think Power Girl will make an appearance in the tv show?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Power Girl and Star Girl are close friends in the comics. Do you think Power Girl will make an appearance in the tv show?
    Maybe, but she'd probably need to be aged down to more Courtney's age - also, clearly the booby window would have to go.

This season is really hitting the horror movie vibes. I'm continually being pleasantly surprised with what they're doing in the opening flashbacks. And then later on in the episode, it was a real nightmare.

From episode to episode, I'm not sure who to feel worse for, Mike or Beth. Hopefully Pat and Charles will help encourage them.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Funny coincidence how in both seasons, Courtney's mom just happens to get involved with a major bad guy through her job. She's the Claire Temple of the JSA.
    An interesting comparison. Makes sense, and it keeps her involved in the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just hope Cindy falls. Very, very deep. She should feel the full weight of her idiotic actions. And then I hope she disappears. She's really not made to carry a whole Season.
    She may not be that huge a threat on her own, but Cindy makes a great opposite counterpart to Courtney.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I love Pat. But I wonder just what his approach to parenting is at times.
    Stargirl can pretty much do whatever she wants. Even when busted breaking
    curfew, she can really twist Pat around her finger, then it goes away. While
    poor Mike gets hit with a ton of bricks nearly every week.
    Could be that Pat sees Sylvester in Courtney and is used to a Star-person calling the shots and following their lead. Meanwhile he sees himself in Mike, who needs to know his limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    This season is really hitting the horror movie vibes. I'm continually being pleasantly surprised with what they're doing in the opening flashbacks. And then later on in the episode, it was a real nightmare.

From episode to episode, I'm not sure who to feel worse for, Mike or Beth. Hopefully Pat and Charles will help encourage them.

An interesting comparison. Makes sense, and it keeps her involved in the plot.

She may not be that huge a threat on her own, but Cindy makes a great opposite counterpart to Courtney.

Could be that Pat sees Sylvester in Courtney and is used to a Star-person calling the shots and following their lead. Meanwhile he sees himself in Mike, who needs to know his limitations.
    It could also be that he's not her biological father. Stepfathers have a tendency to make an extra effort to please their stepchildren, often leading to being more permissive than they might be with their biological children.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Adding Power Girl would be a mistake as a Kryptonian level player could quickly squash all the players in the show, if you don't have PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Adding Power Girl would be a mistake as a Kryptonian level player could quickly squash all the players in the show, if you don't have PIS.
    They already have Jade set up as the overpowered member.

Incredible Member

I'm not sure we will see Jade again. It would be wonderful if we did.

But it seemed like they were de-powering her a little, making it seem
    as though this was all new for her as well. If that is the case there
    will be growing pains for her, just like the rest of the cast.

Astonishing Member

They depowered Thunderbolt as he flopped in the Shade battle. Having a cosmic level Fate around would also change the show. The destruction of the JSA never rang true for me.

It would have been better IMHO, if they had stayed in WWII and just died of old age. The artifacts of both teams could have been rediscovered by their kids along with the manuals.

I also just cannot stand how Pat speaks and acts. Just me I guess and the mech is stupid.