Page 90 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2791

Courtney finally acknowledges Pat as her father and that she's his daughter. It was a long time coming .

Beth getting her CW hacker on with the help of Dr. Mid-Nite. She didn't even get to wear her costume once the entire finale. And now with Chuck gone she's basically useless, but I have to imagine he had his AI backed up somewhere. Maybe Beth will have to learn to be Mid-Nite without relying on the goggles now, or maybe this is where Hooty comes in.

I don't think Stargirl took out the ISA single-handedly so much as it was the JSA's teamwork that beat them, with Courtney giving Yolanda and the others a chance to finish them off.

Dragon King learns why you shouldn't antagonize the daughter you turned into a psychotic Supervillain.

Courtney is so sure of herself now that she just blasts Shiv away like an annoying fly.

I can't say Brainwave didn't deserve Yolanda slitting his throat but that's probably going to weigh on her moving forward, especially for a woman of God and who told Rick killing was wrong. Did Courtney ever tell them what happened to Brainwave?

So was Stargirl destroying that machine with her whole school watching her long-awaited public debut? Not that they got a good look at her.

Rick doesn't kill Grundy because he realizes Grundy isn't some villainous monster but just a scared, confused, animal that just doesn't know any better. I expect Grundy is probably still in Blue Valley and they'll have to deal with that next season.

I wonder what the Gambler is going to do now. He's basically broke and has nothing left but his ire towards Beth and the JSA.

"If I could kill a thousand people to cure cancer..." but where does it stop Jordan? Courtney was right, the ISA was too filled with hate to truly save America.

Icicles marks out Mike for termination...and Mike runs him over with a truck. I have to admit, that's not how I saw Jordan getting taken out. Is that something that can actually happen to him in his ice form or was it because Courtney had weakened him so much?

Justin is off to find Winged Victory and the rest of the Seven Soldiers (or their legacies). That's a plot thread I'm excited to see get picked up.

Yeah, Pat, who is "they?" The Earth-2 equivalent of ARGUS? Did they take Sportsmaster and Tigress into custody?

So Shade knew Project New America was going to fail, which is why he left. I wonder what he's going to do next. Although I'm more worried about Shiv discovering Eclipso .

Only this show could make Stargirl and STRIPE sit in front of an American flag work unironically. That dedication to Geoff Johns' sister was a nice touch .

So...revived Sylvester? His twin? Some kind of trick? More Joel McHale should be fun though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Also, while STRIPE looked great as always, the CGI on Grundy was really lacking!
    Still the best looking live-action Grundy.
    Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Definitely...it was unsettling how bad the design and cgi was on grundy considering how good it is on STRIPE....and hour man beating grundy? grundy is on the same strenghth levels as superman it was a little silly at that point. The ISA was beater a little too easily considering how much they destroyed the JSA all season...for the most part this was a good series but had some writing choices that i can't get on board with.
    Grundy actually looked better than I was expecting, and he was probably exhausted from fighting STRIPE when Rick came in.

The ISA probably didn't help themselves by killing or taking off the board half their members compared to when they fought the original JSA.

Retired

Even though it was good Rick didn't kill him, I think Grundy should have met with some accident that destroyed this form, so he could come back again from Slaughter Swamp in a different form. This time played by a tall-ish actor, with the ability to speak and be the version of Grundy that was friends with Jack Knight. There's not a lot you can do with a C.G.I. beast. However, since the Shade seems to be a bad guy in Blue Valley, maybe they can't cross their streams and have a bad Shade and a good Grundy on the same show at the same time. I wonder how much input James Robinson has on that.

The new new version of Doctor Mid-Nite is the best new idea on the show (not taken from the comics as far as I know, since the Beth Chapel in the comics was a very different character). I'd just as soon she stayed her own sweet self--and maybe got her own series--CHAPS AND C.H.U.C.K.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    and hour man beating grundy? grundy is on the same strenghth levels as superman it was a little silly at that point.
    Remember this from earth 2?
    This is earth 2 hourman vs superman val-zod.

Extraordinary Member

Edited By mr-luxcipher
    @highaccuser: Due to Miraclo, for 60 minutes, he's granted power(levels) that've enabled him to manhandle Val-Zod and fend off Jay Garrick. It's been referenced to as virtually granting him "limitless power". He's only neutralized after his Miraclo is targeted.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...-hulk-1835769/

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Richard_Tyler_(Earth_2)

Earth 2 comics hourman has limitless strength.
    Last edited by mace11; 08-10-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Even though it was good Rick didn't kill him, I think Grundy should have met with some accident that destroyed this form, so he could come back again from Slaughter Swamp in a different form. This time played by a tall-ish actor, with the ability to speak and be the version of Grundy that was friends with Jack Knight. There's not a lot you can do with a C.G.I. beast. However, since the Shade seems to be a bad guy in Blue Valley, maybe they can't cross their streams and have a bad Shade and a good Grundy on the same show at the same time. I wonder how much input James Robinson has on that.

The new new version of Doctor Mid-Nite is the best new idea on the show (not taken from the comics as far as I know, since the Beth Chapel in the comics was a very different character). I'd just as soon she stayed her own sweet self--and maybe got her own series--CHAPS AND C.H.U.C.K.
    I think Robinson is a producer. I don't know who they had providing the Shade's voice but he sounded a lot like how I pictured Shade's voice in my head after reading Starman.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Robinson is a producer. I don't know who they had providing the Shade's voice but he sounded a lot like how I pictured Shade's voice in my head after reading Starman.
    Yes he is, which is why--before the finale--I thought Shade was going to be a "good" guy in the second season (given he likes the Star-people in the Robinson comics), yet the finale gives the sense that he's going to side with Injustice. I'd be happy if that was a red herring.

I just realized that the worst thing Jordan did was getting a kid run over...and he is ultimately defeated by being run over by a kid. I think that's called karma .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Yes he is, which is why--before the finale--I thought Shade was going to be a "good" guy in the second season (given he likes the Star-people in the Robinson comics), yet the finale gives the sense that he's going to side with Injustice. I'd be happy if that was a red herring.
    Well, we know he thought Project New America was doomed to fail and he betrayed Jordan, but that's about it. Well, that and he was in on the JSA attack.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm disappointed that the Thunderbolt pen got forgotten about. I was hoping it would be resolved so the CW season didn't have to.

I have to question the decision to left Grundy go. Is Rick comfortable having an 8 foot hulking zombie roam around town?

Astonishing Member

Geez. This episode practically had more epilogues than Lord of the Rings. Let's try to cover them all:

1) The Shade sitting there saying a last I-told-you-so to the now dead Icicle. Not sure how they'll deal with that in the future. Will he play a role similar to the role he played in Starman?

2) Shiv finds Eclipso among The Wizard's things. ECLIPSO IN A SECOND-GENERATION JSA THING!? UH-OH! I mean, I kind of get where that might go. They're going to want a powerful magical entity to fight for when the Thunderbolt gets brought in next season, so he and Jakeem have a worthy opponent. But still: BETH! YOLANDA! RUN!

3) Aw, happy Christmas time. And Mike's actually eating vegetables instead of pop-tarts. It's cute how they paid off the ungiven Christmas gift thing. And we get to see Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. taking a flight together.

4) A living Sylvester Pemberton. Not sure what the deal with that is, except him and Shade might introduce more of the Starman heritage into the title. Maybe a trip to Opal City could be in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm disappointed that the Thunderbolt pen got forgotten about. I was hoping it would be resolved so the CW season didn't have to.

I have to question the decision to left Grundy go. Is Rick comfortable having an 8 foot hulking zombie roam around town?
    I wasn't expecting any major follow up with the pen until Jakeem shows up.

Retired

My understanding is a lot of time was chopped from each episode to make it fit the run time for the C.W.--and they didn't show those extra scenes on Universe. So there were probably a lot of extra details that were lost in the edit. Hopefully one day those will be restored.

I recall that we got a few scenes of Mike at his middle school. I wonder if Jakeem goes to that school--maybe he was in the background in a scene or two--as I'd expect him to be closer to Mike's age than Courtney's.

If it's anything like the comics, then the Seven Soldiers plus One were displaced in time--which could explain a lot of things.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This suffered immensely from the truncated run time. Everything was way too rushed to fit the 40 minutes or whatever that the CW allows for.

I also am not into Icicle's demise. The whole moral dilemma at the end felt ill timed for 2020.

I've long wanted a SHADE film, but divorced from Opal City I'm not so sure.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-10-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I also am not into Icicle's demise.
    I'm not into it neither. How can his ice form be so brittle? I remember he was able to tank Courtney's hits when he first encountered her in that form.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I also am not into Icicle's demise. The whole moral dilemma at the end felt ill timed for 2020.
    I wasn't really seeing a moral dilemma, other than Courtney calling out why the ISA would never truly be able to save America even with their good intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not into it neither. How can his ice form be so brittle? I remember he was able to tank Courtney's hits when he first encountered her in that form.
    I think it was because he was barely holding himself together. Before he got hit it looked like he was stuck halfway between his human and ice forms, so maybe that left him in a more weakened state.

Fantastic Member

Earth 2 comics hourman has limitless strength.[/QUOTE]
    You can justify it however you want with random comic books...but going by the power levels in the show hourman got owned by sportsmaster a few episodes earlier so for him to beat grundy didnt add up...and justifying the bad cgi on grundy by saying its the best looking grundy is pretty low bar for being entertained...this cgi looks late 1990s bad and they could have done a better job especially on the face. From those pages the writers apparently made the black superman a wimp....which isnt cool on many levels.