Page 147 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2791
    Incredible Member

I thought it was an interesting episode.

I was pleased to see Sylvester apologize to Pat. I think Sylvester's explanation that well
    my parents were that way to me I don't buy. My parents were abusive to me, I'm not that way.
    I think Sylvester has this whole rich boy persona, Pat to him is the hired help. I have a hard
    time thinking of that relationship as being family.

Shade convincing everyone he needs help, then revealing it was all to advance his interests, was
    on point.
    I was glad to see Charles McNider might really be alive. I'm more understanding of the JSA's decision
    regarding Gordon than most people around here, but McNider it is implied was with his family, not the group.
    I will be interested to see if we see McNider next week when Courtney is in the shadowlands.

The CW has this whole kids are never wrong motif. I suppose because they see their target audience as
    teenagers. I thought Courtney was a little hard on Pat, but I suppose they were trying to show how
    that can be a dynamic within a family. It was nice to see Jennie again, including her using the Jade powers.
    They also are on the search for Obsidian. With the Shadowlands motif you would imagine that Todd had to be
    there for that. Yes, the show has an Infinity vibe, which since I loved that book to death, I'm loving.

It was nice to see how Rick is doing. At least he doesn't have a cellmate harassing him. I don't think I would
    eat an apple off the floor without brushing it off. Mike is clearly going to interact with the new holder of the
    Thunder.
    Next week we have Courtney in the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 10-13-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I was pleased to see Sylvester apologize to Pat. I think Sylvester's explanation that well
    my parents were that way to me I don't buy. My parents were abusive to me, I'm not that way.
    I think Sylvester has this whole rich boy persona, Pat to him is the hired help. I have a hard
    time thinking of that relationship as being family.
    Pat was the hired help though, at least on paper, but he was still all Sylvester really had. Sometimes it's hard to wring off the impact your parents' had on you.
    The CW has this whole kids are never wrong motif. I suppose because they see their target audience as
    teenagers. I thought Courtney was a little hard on Pat, but I suppose they were trying to show how
    that can be a dynamic within a family. It was nice to see Jennie again, including her using the Jade powers.
    They also are on the search for Obsidian. With the Shadowlands motif you would imagine that Todd had to be
    there for that. Yes, the show has an Infinity vibe, which since I loved that book to death, I'm loving.
    I can see why Courtney was mad, although I think she was starting to come around by the end when Jenny said people will do anything for their family.

Pat was totally right about the Shade manipulating them though.

Incredible Member

Yep. Pat called it on the Shade, but then he has that experience with him.
    Although I'm a little hazy how much Pat knew about the Shade with the JSA.

The show still is making Shade an ambiguous figure, so it is hard to have a clear line
    about him.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Love this show. Last episode made me wonder why Pat stays around with these guys who seem to treat him like dicks. And we get a tender moment between Pat and Sylvester and I can think OK, maybe there are other moments like this between him and the other members where they see value in Pat. Love it.

The Shade being steps ahead and tricking them into healing him, great stuff. I wonder if he ends up helping Courtney escape since he had a hand in her being captured and he seems to have some care about the youngins...or maybe he really doesn't and he is out for himself. Who knows.

Loved the Shade backstory information as well.

Beth telling her parents off, well not really telling them off per se, but having some backbone when it comes to them and how they have been treating her, was well earned.

Mike tracking down the Thunderbolt, interested in how that exchange will go with Jakim.

Wonder if Grundy will break Rick out or start to and Rick will be like, nah bro I need to stay here. Kinda like Beast in that episode of X-Men TAS from years upon years ago.

Slow burn, not really a lot of SFX stuff going on, being saved for the finale I imagine and I am OK with that.

Interested in the Bones mention and set up for season three.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    True, they were the deciding vote, but he's the one who came up with the idea.
    No he wasn't. Shade brought the idea to Sylvester who then brought it to the team.
    We didn't even see McNider interact with the team only his wife. My take was that he was too busy mourning

Also they weren't the deciding vote, they were thenonly ones who voted on it. That was why they came to get Pat as an uneven number. Though I suspect Jay knew he'd hate no and was hoping he could turn Syl's vote because of how much Jay obviously knew he meant to Syl.
    Last edited by beatboks; 10-13-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    No he wasn't. Shade brought the idea to Sylvester who then brought it to the team.
    We didn't even see McNider interact with the team only his wife. My take was that he was too busy mourning

Also they weren't the deciding vote, they were thenonly ones who voted on it. That was why they came to get Pat as an uneven number. Though I suspect Jay knew he'd hate no and was hoping he could turn Syl's vote because of how much Jay obviously knew he meant to Syl.
    My impression was Shade gave them the idea and Dr. McNider was the one who suggested they go through with killing Eclipso, where it came down to a vote.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm impressed that the JSA building is still intact and preserved. Who's maintaining the upkeep in the place?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My impression was Shade gave them the idea and Dr. McNider was the one who suggested they go through with killing Eclipso, where it came down to a vote.
    I dont see how you got that impression. There was literally no signs of any direct contact between the rest of the members of the JSA and McNider at or after the funeral. He wasn't even a part of the discussion at the funeral about Eclipso. He was consoling his wife while the others (Ted, Syl, Rex, Jay, Johnny and Pat) talked. Shade appearedband spoke to Syl. Syl told Pat what he said. Then Jay literally says only 4 of them were at the Hq discussing it and came to Pat so they had an uneven number for a vote.

If McNider had brought it up why would they need Pat break a tie???? They would have only needed him if it was only those 4. Otherwise they'd have needed a 6th member to require a tie break

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm impressed that the JSA building is still intact and preserved. Who's maintaining the upkeep in the place?
    Gernsback maybe???

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Gernsback_(New_Earth)
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ma...20120215170148

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Whoever they are, are they paying attention to the security? Court stole all those weapons last season, and this season Jennie was able to get inside without raising any alarm

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I dont see how you got that impression. There was literally no signs of any direct contact between the rest of the members of the JSA and McNider at or after the funeral. He wasn't even a part of the discussion at the funeral about Eclipso. He was consoling his wife while the others (Ted, Syl, Rex, Jay, Johnny and Pat) talked. Shade appearedband spoke to Syl. Syl told Pat what he said. Then Jay literally says only 4 of them were at the Hq discussing it and came to Pat so they had an uneven number for a vote.

If McNider had brought it up why would they need Pat break a tie???? They would have only needed him if it was only those 4. Otherwise they'd have needed a 6th member to require a tie break
    I could swear someone mentioned it, and Beth seemed to think he was involved, but I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Whoever they are, are they paying attention to the security? Court stole all those weapons last season, and this season Jennie was able to get inside without raising any alarm
    I guess the ISA also didn't care about any of the JSA's "trophies."

Oh Shade, you slimy bastard.

Favorite scene: Grundy tossing Rick some apples.

Unless TV's GL has different powers than comics GL, couldn't she track Todd down with the ring (or her internal powers, whatever)?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Unless TV's GL has different powers than comics GL, couldn't she track Todd down with the ring (or her internal powers, whatever)?
    Can the ring trace genetics?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I don't think Alan's ring could really work that way. And with the Lantern gone and Jennie internalizing the powers like comic book Jade, then it's even more unlikely.