Page 182 of 187 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2791
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

In the awesome B&W opening scene Miss Winters kills a fellow called "Standish".
    I wonder if this was a reference to King Standish who had his own feature in FLASH COMICS.

FlashComics5.jpg

Ok so recap to setting up the finally

Summary

Spoiler

spoilers:
    We have courtney without the cosmic staff now under the control of the enemy.

We have STRIPE badly damaged and out of action.

We have Rick in total addiction mode andnof dubuious help

We have Pat just burried alive and tied up.

On the other side

Icicle at an apparent higher powerlevel able to reconstitute from melted water.

Dragon king now in Ultra Humanites super strong albino Ape body

Ultra in Syl Pembertons body and in control of the cosmic staff.
    end of spoilers

My dream predictions for the final episode

After the events of the episode Inf Inc part 2 when Shade, Jade and Obsidian went to help Sandy Hawkins (AKA Sand) when they found him he was aware courtesy of his precog of some of the events we had yet to see.

Led by him they went to visit Ted Knight (or if Ted has passed his son). They shown up outside the Whitmore/Dugan home right after the reveal that Rick told them Syl suggested the limiter might be the issue. They show with maybe a cosmic converter belt in hand???

While the events of the Rick dealing with addiction have been going on Grundy did resurrect and was actually watching as the final scen of this ep took place and was able to assist as soon as a certain bad guy left. So he freed the friend of his friend. Alternatively while others went to the Whitmore home Sand went to the woods and used his earth bending to keep the dirt from actually Suffocating someone and then removed it.

Final battle starts and to the suprise of newly formed ISA probably backed up by Icicles Mom arent just facing Wildcat and Dr Midnite with very little assistance but a powered up SSK/Stargirl, Jade, Obsidian, Shade, Sand, Jakeem, Cindy, Artemis, and a patched Stripe arriving toward the end of the fight(by Zeke) driven by Mike.
    Last edited by beatboks; 12-02-2022 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Spoiler blackout didn't work

Incredible Member

^^^ I think that's way too much to accomplish in a 40 minute finale.

You might could bring Shade and the GL kids into the fray or maybe Grundy, but nobody new.

Wow, that was a great twist! I liked that they brought in the Ultra-Humanite, although at first I thought they should have foreshadowed him more than just "he has many names", but the true revelation of Sylvester was incredible.

Now my nitpick is the Thunderbolt. I get not showing him for budgetary reasons, but is there any difference between what he can do whether he's inside or outside the pen?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    One of the threads I hoped for, over a 6/7 year run, was perhaps seeing other Starmen. Especially given Robinsons heavy involvement.
    Yeah, shame we never got to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even if it was all acting (then again maybe he'd gone native on this point), Sylvester dissuading Artemis from rushing into ending her life before she could fulfill the dream her parents had for her and telling the girls to make sure the JSA lives on even for the members who didn't have direct legacies was pretty powerful.
    I love how every single thing Sylvester said can be called into question. He wasn't just giving them advice that may not be the best (like Beth distancing herself from her parents, which sounds reasonable on the surface), he was intentionally sabotaging them with bad advice. I think with Artemis, he just wanted to make sure she wasn't in his way to mess up his plans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I know this isn't as important as the other stuff going on, but damn, the ISA's kill count keeps getting bigger.

They killed the Spectre, Dr. Fate, Atom, GL, Hawks, Flash, wonder if they would have killed Power Girl too, eventually.
    Can you really kill the Spectre?

I know this isn't as important as the other stuff going on, but damn, the ISA's kill count keeps getting bigger.

They killed the Spectre, Dr. Fate, Atom, GL, Hawks, Flash, wonder if they would have killed Power Girl too, eventually.
    I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure everybody they've mentioned was shown in the big JSA picture in season 1. Power Girl wasn't there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Now my nitpick is the Thunderbolt. I get not showing him for budgetary reasons, but is there any difference between what he can do whether he's inside or outside the pen?
    I guess it depends on when the Thunderbolt might need to get physical.
    Can you really kill the Spectre?
    Maybe remove his spirit from Jim Corrigan?

Ultimate Member

I probably missed this, but have they explained why Jordan killed Tigress and Sportsmaster? I know the two didn't care for UH and Dragon King, but they would have fallen in line behind Jordan

I probably missed this, but have they explained why Jordan killed Tigress and Sportsmaster? I know the two didn't care for UH and Dragon King, but they would have fallen in line behind Jordan
    Considering the fact that they seemed genuine about burying the hatchet and leaving villainy behind, he probably didn't want to take a chance that they'd turn on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering the fact that they seemed genuine about burying the hatchet and leaving villainy behind, he probably didn't want to take a chance that they'd turn on him.
    I agree - he's been around seeing it happen and he knows where their loyalties would fall.(it does make me want to re-examine his fight with the Crocks in the supermarket though)

Sing it with me: It was Humanite all a-loooonngg.....!! I have to admire the writers for covering their asses in terms of UH as Sylvester. By showing that UH gets absorbed in playing the role of the person, they can explain how any time we've seen Sylvester by himself, that he never drops his character. UH is just the Ultra-Method Actor. Even if there are times when he did something nice, it's just him being in character rather than furthering his evil agenda.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree - he's been around seeing it happen and he knows where their loyalties would fall.(it does make me want to re-examine his fight with the Crocks in the supermarket though)

Sing it with me: It was Humanite all a-loooonngg.....!! I have to admire the writers for covering their asses in terms of UH as Sylvester. By showing that UH gets absorbed in playing the role of the person, they can explain how any time we've seen Sylvester by himself, that he never drops his character. UH is just the Ultra-Method Actor. Even if there are times when he did something nice, it's just him being in character rather than furthering his evil agenda.
    That almost works except for the various occasions where he mentions to Pat "you remember when...".

Several times he speaks with Pat about discussions they shared in the past, seemingly things that only the 2 of them would know or be around to discuss. But the UH doesn't takeover a brain, he transplants his actual brain, so he shouldn't have any memory access of the person he inhabits.

Which is also why that hesitation he had when Pat attempted to reach "Starman" during the "burial" scene shouldn't even had a chance of causing a hesitation.

I guess it can be waved as being so absorbed in his role and researching so well that he could wing discussions that he could logically guestimate occurred. Still, seemed like he could've accomplished more being less of a hot-head since for the most part they all were willing to do as he ordered and follow his lead no matter what.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    That almost works except for the various occasions where he mentions to Pat "you remember when...".

Several times he speaks with Pat about discussions they shared in the past, seemingly things that only the 2 of them would know or be around to discuss. But the UH doesn't takeover a brain, he transplants his actual brain, so he shouldn't have any memory access of the person he inhabits. ...
    Exactly, there was that scene in S2 where only Pat and Sylvester were in the JSA garage after some situation or meeting had blown up. It was just the two of them.
    Which is why I earlier stated I feel the writers may be making lemonade cause I suspect they saw the writing on the wall (which came to pass) with the Discovery owners.
    I think they have altered the Sylvester arc and used the necessary scenes to make it work and the instances that don't work they allow the viewer to 'head canon' an explanation. Best case scenario it goes over many viewers head, any discrepancies.

At any rate, I enjoyed the lemonade of episode 12.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Several times he speaks with Pat about discussions they shared in the past, seemingly things that only the 2 of them would know or be around to discuss. But the UH doesn't takeover a brain, he transplants his actual brain, so he shouldn't have any memory access of the person he inhabits.

Which is also why that hesitation he had when Pat attempted to reach "Starman" during the "burial" scene shouldn't even had a chance of causing a hesitation.

I guess it can be waved as being so absorbed in his role and researching so well that he could wing discussions that he could logically guestimate occurred. Still, seemed like he could've accomplished more being less of a hot-head since for the most part they all were willing to do as he ordered and follow his lead no matter what.
    Ultra-Humanite said he went through extensive research to make sure he would be able to play the role effectively and there weren't any gaps in his performance as Sylvester.

I'm not exactly sure how he could be aware of personal conversations between Pat and Sylvester, although if he knew about what happened to Bruce Gordon then maybe he hacked the JSA's systems and extrapolated what he didn't see from what he learned about Pat and Sylvester.

I think the team having to react to his hotheadedness was meant to sabotage the investigation because having to deal with his outbursts slowed the investigation down.

Astonishing Member

How do you kill the Spectre and take care of his kids and family? Stardouche mentioned that. Never liked the idea that such a powerful JSA was just wiped out - Spectre, Fate, GL and a Flash - replaced by a bunch of kids? Stupid from the get go.

Flying around in a huge robot without a FAA team on your butt. Building it in a garage?

Boisterously Confused

I can see a loophole to everything else, but one has me wondering. How'd he dominate the staff?

Cosmo clearly has some form of intelligence, initiative and even agency. Remember in S1 that it ran off on its own when SG refused to go after Icicle. It also seems picky about it's partners. I have a hard time buying it couldn't tell UH wasn't Sly, unless UH's method acting is so deep it approaches multiple personality disorder.

The only thing I can figure is some combo of a) Cosmo's intellect is so alien to ours that it's nigh impossible to understand it, b) it was so relieved by UH's help throwing off Eclipso's domination in S2 it opened itself to a bond with him, and c) Courtney willingly sharing Cosmo with UH undermined its defenses until it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    How do you kill the Spectre and take care of his kids and family? Stardouche mentioned that. Never liked the idea that such a powerful JSA was just wiped out - Spectre, Fate, GL and a Flash - replaced by a bunch of kids? Stupid from the get go.

Flying around in a huge robot without a FAA team on your butt. Building it in a garage?
    I assume they went after Jim Corrigan to take out Spectre.

I mean, that's kind of the whole premise of the show since season 1 .
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I can see a loophole to everything else, but one has me wondering. How'd he dominate the staff?

Cosmo clearly has some form of intelligence, initiative and even agency. Remember in S1 that it ran off on its own when SG refused to go after Icicle. It also seems picky about it's partners. I have a hard time buying it couldn't tell UH wasn't Sly, unless UH's method acting is so deep it approaches multiple personality disorder.

The only thing I can figure is some combo of a) Cosmo's intellect is so alien to ours that it's nigh impossible to understand it, b) it was so relieved by UH's help throwing off Eclipso's domination in S2 it opened itself to a bond with him, and c) Courtney willingly sharing Cosmo with UH undermined its defenses until it was too late.
    I think the Staff has some kind of biological imprint that completely bonds it to a host, and it doesn't seem like you can naturally break that, and it was probably fooled by Humanite as Starman up until way later and Courtney was so unsure of herself and barely using it enough to exert her influence over it.

Sooo, I'm not really sure how much of that twist was really planned or changed in the last minute. One way or the other, it is really interesting to see. Hoping the best for everyone, Pat most of all.

Also, hands up, who wants to see Ultra-Dragon King vs Solomon Grundy?