Page 156 of 187 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I enjoyed the season 2 finale, wish it had 10-15 minutes longer as in some parts it felt rushed.
    I am concern that the cast is getting bloated, there are alot of characters to juggle.
    Prince Ra-Man on the movie marquee.
    Thank you for explaining that! I was wondering what that was about. I figured it was a DC reference since the marquee said "Sgt Rock" before, but that's a deep cut there.

Astonishing Member

That was a pretty good last season episode. I thought the show wandered into being dumb but this pulled it back. I do wonder how you have a big old fight in the center of town without others noticing but that's ok. I'd like to see Stargirl and Jade tune up to full power control for the next season. With that and the Thunderbolt, they are a pretty powerful team.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That was a pretty good last season episode. I thought the show wandered into being dumb but this pulled it back. I do wonder how you have a big old fight in the center of town without others noticing but that's ok. I'd like to see Stargirl and Jade tune up to full power control for the next season. With that and the Thunderbolt, they are a pretty powerful team.
    I had the same reaction when the GL power battery blew up in the middle of the town square as well - especially when they had just shown that people were around at the diner. Otherwise, I can understand that in a lot of small towns, things shut down early and there's nobody around the "downtown" area at night because nobody lives there. I mean, the same thing happened with the climax of "Back to the Future."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I had the same reaction when the GL power battery blew up in the middle of the town square as well - especially when they had just shown that people were around at the diner. Otherwise, I can understand that in a lot of small towns, things shut down early and there's nobody around the "downtown" area at night because nobody lives there. I mean, the same thing happened with the climax of "Back to the Future."
    I grew up in a small town with a population of about 8000 people and yes things close early but there are still things like takeaway shops a restaurant or 2, the local returned services or sports club, a hotel/bar or 2 open until at least 10 p.m. Not all of these may be in the central business district but they usually not far.
    So the downtown area is never completely devoid of people, Even in a small town.

Of course they could always say with all the hokey stuff that was going on Everyone was in the homes for safety.

Great finale! With the exception of Todd, it had pretty much everything I wanted. Dark Court is scary! Yolanda fighting Ted was a highlight, although I thought she may have been too fast to come back as Wildcat by the end of the episode. If Rick has work to do before he's Hourman again, they could take their time with Yolanda as well. Beth and her parents, on the other hand, are going full steam ahead with the superhero thing.

Surprised to see both Grundy die and Shade come back. Well, I guess Grundy won't stay dead and I was expecting/hoping Shade to come back, so there's that.

The Mike/Jakeem team has a lot of power behind it, but they're going to need to learn how to use that power.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like Mike and Jakeem have become best pals and are planning to become the "Junior JSA."
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would like Mike and Jakeem forming their own subgroup within the JSA. Make them Infinity Inc.
    I was thinking "Infinity Inc", but it would be funny if they unironically wanted to call themselves the "Young All-Stars".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Grundy vs Eclipso, who else got shades of Loki vs Hulk for a few moments?
    ::raises hand::

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious as to how Syl came back. Pat confirmed his death himself. So what magical BS brought him back.
    I still think there's something off about him, cosmic staff recognizing him or not. We saw very little of him this season, and he didn't do much other than push Courtney's story forward. I wonder why he doesn't want to be Starman anymore? It wouldn't even be that unheard of if they found some old Ted Knight technology and there was a Stargirl and a Starman. That is, of course, until Director Bones kills him.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I dont like our chances of getting a Dr Fate, Hawkman, Atom smasher or Cyclone due to the Black Adam movie. They've already used Citizen Steel in legends, so that's also unlikely. Capt Marvel has his Shazam movies. Mr Terrific was already in Arrow. Of the young JSAers that onlybleave Amazingman, Magog, Mr America, Damage and Tomcat. I doubt it will be the last due to 2 legacies.

Unless we go Inf Inc with Northwind, Silver Scarab, Nuklon (to separate him from Atom Smashet and maybe using the power to alter density he used more often than growing with that Identity

Oh hell, I Forgot Sandman/Sandy. Hell yes after Todd we need Sandman (plus hebwould be a legacy to an OG character we had represented in the ISA take down. Sandman's gas mask was there.
    I don't want the Black Adam movie to interfere with who they can and can't use on this show. I know Courtney is still a teenager, but Atom Smasher would make for a good love interest for her (and there could be some kind of triangle with Cameron). They would have to age him down, I guess. Captain Marvel was also a love interest for her, but an appearance from him is super unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Great finale! With the exception of Todd, it had pretty much everything I wanted. Dark Court is scary! Yolanda fighting Ted was a highlight, although I thought she may have been too fast to come back as Wildcat by the end of the episode. If Rick has work to do before he's Hourman again, they could take their time with Yolanda as well. Beth and her parents, on the other hand, are going full steam ahead with the superhero thing.

Surprised to see both Grundy die and Shade come back. Well, I guess Grundy won't stay dead and I was expecting/hoping Shade to come back, so there's that.

The Mike/Jakeem team has a lot of power behind it, but they're going to need to learn how to use that power.

I was thinking "Infinity Inc", but it would be funny if they unironically wanted to call themselves the "Young All-Stars".

::raises hand::

I still think there's something off about him, cosmic staff recognizing him or not. We saw very little of him this season, and he didn't do much other than push Courtney's story forward. I wonder why he doesn't want to be Starman anymore? It wouldn't even be that unheard of if they found some old Ted Knight technology and there was a Stargirl and a Starman. That is, of course, until Director Bones kills him.

I don't want the Black Adam movie to interfere with who they can and can't use on this show. I know Courtney is still a teenager, but Atom Smasher would make for a good love interest for her (and there could be some kind of triangle with Cameron). They would have to age him down, I guess. Captain Marvel was also a love interest for her, but an appearance from him is super unlikely.
    1. Young All Stars would be super cool IMHO
    2. Don't forget all of the events of this season literally transpired in less than 3 weeks. I mean summer school has even finished as of the end of the episode. It could just be that he still feels guilt over doing what he did to Bruce Gordon and maybe can't deal with it. NS for heavies come back make it always play the angel waited for nemesis in suicide squad he was Actually pretty badly hurt and he spent some time getting himself back to full health.
    3. I'd like I'd love to see Al Rothstein coming to the show but to be honest I would much prefer to see him as Nuklon. I much preferred the wsy his powers were portrayed in that era more of the altering density to become either a phaser or super dense than just altering his mass and size. Plus it better suits the infinity Inc vibenof the show. I mean Beth, and Yolanda weren't around for the JSA. Having yet another guy who is pretty much JUST a strong guy with Rick is sort of redundant.

So I've seen quite a few posts on different forums and some articles criticising the show for being light on action in season 2 and claiming a dropped budget.

The thing that gets me is that the amount of action was pretty much identical in both seasons.

Season 1 we had 3 mins of classic JSA action 17 mins of Stargirl action 9 mins of STRIPE 9 mins of Wildcat 3 mins of Hourman 2 mins or Dr Midnite hologram And maybe 6 mins of villains without the heroes Total of 49 mins of actual action and effects.

Season 2 12 mins of Stargirl 10 mins of of Jade 3 mins Hourman 2 mins stripe 6 mins Shade 7 mins t-bolt 10 mins of Eclipso

There was also Courtney action without the staff.

50 mins of action and effects. Many of those effects would have been more costly as the fights in S1 with the Crocks were all stunts ans wire work only

So as I see it the inclusion of the likes of Jade, T-bolt, eclipso, and shade meant that we had a lot more characters needing CGI in season 2 than in season 1 so the action was more targeted and spread out.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

The 9 to 5 has been kicking my butt the past two weeks, but I finally got to sit down and watch and enjoy the finale a few times...

Cliffnotes...

There was some cheese in this episode, not that I have minded the SG cheese thus far. As much as I harp on The Flash for using the power of love to defeat villains, it works here with Courtney and helping her excise Eclipso.

The Crocks showing up was pointless in the fight because they didn't do anything or add anything but a couple throw away lines. But it makes sense with them moving in next door.

Slyvester coming back was interesting. I def think he will be the fun uncle to Pat's stern father in their desire to influence the development of Courtney as a super hero.

I wonder if the Chapels will be really back together or will focusing on Beth and being overbearing there with her life as Dr. Midnight be just a way for them to avoid their marriage problems. I think that would be great and give the actors some more meaty emotional stuff to do on top of what they have already done well. Or maybe they are just happily ever after...who knows....

Cindy wanting a 'do over' of sorts and join the JSA...hmm...heel turn?

The idea of the next season being called frenemies with Cameron learning the 'truth' about things or at least however his grandparents plan to skew the facts....Cindy...Shade in town...Crocks next door...Sylvester in the basement....Mr. Bones....it sets up for some fun interactions and perhaps our heroes interests/motives/desires will not always align and create some strange bedfellows for various reasons. I really hope they go that route.

All in all, fun finale. Action was good, CG was weak in spots but thats what I come to expect at this point. I love the characters and the potential for next season.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Retired

I put off watching STARGIRL SUMMER SCHOOL week to week, so I could binge it all in one go. Now that I've just finished, I have thoughts.

It wasn't nearly as good as the first series. It lacked an upbeat feeling. Mostly it was depressing. And it hardly felt like summer or school. The advantage of the Injustice Society was a collection of eclectic characters--while Eclipso lacked a personality, unless you count creepy Will Robinson.

NONE OF THIS IS REAL could have been the title. That wore thin. I would expect the characters to figure this out after the first six episodes and then adopt a strategy. They just kept going through the same illusions over and over.

The greatest disappointment was no Obsidian. They had Eclipso, Shade and two Drs. Mid-Nite.--what better time to feature another shadow character? Not even a cameo appearance. And they had to know we'd be expecting Todd, given they brought Jade into it early on. Seems like they deliberately wanted to disappoint us.

Also, a lot of the moody, creepy feeling was obtained by using music, loud sound effects and bad lighting--rather than the script and the acting, with some exceptions. Shade and Cindy were the stand-outs.

As far as the original J.S.A. killing Bruce Gordon--that's an exaggeration, surely. By my count there were just three of them involved in the killing itself--not the entire Justice Society. That tarnishes those three and maybe by association the rest of the team--but their guilt is misplaced.

I enjoyed the expansion of the world and the introduction of the old Society members. Just how time works doesn't make sense--but I don't really want it to be explained. Not pinning it down allows them to bring in actors of different ages and hop around in period.

Many musical choices were cliché. If they're going to use pop tunes, they should serve the story. A lot of the songs were just needle drops.

I still like the show, but it suffered from the second season doldrums. While Helix had their moments in INFINITY, INC.--I'm not convinced the premise is enough to sustain a third series of episodes. I hope they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and surprise us with something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I put off watching STARGIRL SUMMER SCHOOL week to week, so I could binge it all in one go. Now that I've just finished, I have thoughts.

It wasn't nearly as good as the first series. It lacked an upbeat feeling. Mostly it was depressing. And it hardly felt like summer or school. The advantage of the Injustice Society was a collection of eclectic characters--while Eclipso lacked a personality, unless you count creepy Will Robinson.

NONE OF THIS IS REAL could have been the title. That wore thin. I would expect the characters to figure this out after the first six episodes and then adopt a strategy. They just kept going through the same illusions over and over.

The greatest disappointment was no Obsidian. They had Eclipso, Shade and two Drs. Mid-Nite.--what better time to feature another shadow character? Not even a cameo appearance. And they had to know we'd be expecting Todd, given they brought Jade into it early on. Seems like they deliberately wanted to disappoint us.

Also, a lot of the moody, creepy feeling was obtained by using music, loud sound effects and bad lighting--rather than the script and the acting, with some exceptions. Shade and Cindy were the stand-outs.

As far as the original J.S.A. killing Bruce Gordon--that's an exaggeration, surely. By my count there were just three of them involved in the killing itself--not the entire Justice Society. That tarnishes those three and maybe by association the rest of the team--but their guilt is misplaced.

I enjoyed the expansion of the world and the introduction of the old Society members. Just how time works doesn't make sense--but I don't really want it to be explained. Not pinning it down allows them to bring in actors of different ages and hop around in period.

Many musical choices were cliché. If they're going to use pop tunes, they should serve the story. A lot of the songs were just needle drops.

I still like the show, but it suffered from the second season doldrums. While Helix had their moments in INFINITY, INC.--I'm not convinced the premise is enough to sustain a third series of episodes. I hope they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and surprise us with something new.
    I think Eclipso was a nice contrast to the ISA in terms of something so inhumane and evil that it basically transcends Superheroes and Supervillains and needed everyone working together as their best selves to stop.

The Eclipso illusions didn't really kick in until after episode 6 when Eclipso got free.

I don't know if they were trying to deliberately disappoint people when it seems like Todd's story will be in season 3 since Helix presumably has him.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't know if they were trying to deliberately disappoint people when it seems like Todd's story will be in season 3 since Helix presumably has him.
    I think Geoff Johns knows how nerd-brains work. To have all these shadows align and NOT Obsidian--it hurts that part of my brain. Not that this show is meant just for me, but us nerd-brain old comic fans are a sub-section and it's my review. No matter what they do in the 3rd series, that perfect alignment is incomplete and never will be satisfied. And that bugs me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I grew up in a small town with a population of about 8000 people and yes things close early but there are still things like takeaway shops a restaurant or 2, the local returned services or sports club, a hotel/bar or 2 open until at least 10 p.m. Not all of these may be in the central business district but they usually not far.
    So the downtown area is never completely devoid of people, Even in a small town.

Of course they could always say with all the hokey stuff that was going on Everyone was in the homes for safety.
    Sorry but 8k people is not a small town, my hometown doesn't even have 2k, the whole school district doesn't even have 8k people in it...

Incredible Member

What is a city, town or village is all relative.
    I grew up in Alaska where we considered lots of places cities that most people would consider a small town.
    It becomes what you are used to I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think Geoff Johns knows how nerd-brains work. To have all these shadows align and NOT Obsidian--it hurts that part of my brain. Not that this show is meant just for me, but us nerd-brain old comic fans are a sub-section and it's my review. No matter what they do in the 3rd series, that perfect alignment is incomplete and never will be satisfied. And that bugs me.
    I think maybe it's because Obsidian probably would have seemed redundant with Shade there and maybe been too useful against Eclipso.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Sorry but 8k people is not a small town, my hometown doesn't even have 2k, the whole school district doesn't even have 8k people in it...
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    What is a city, town or village is all relative.
    I grew up in Alaska where we considered lots of places cities that most people would consider a small town.
    It becomes what you are used to I suppose.
    Everything is relative.
    In the 80s my town had 30K+ people. My dad made note of it cause the entire county he grew up during the 50s had 4K, his town, the largest in the county was 1/2 that.
    Of course Nashville was always the "big city" (not sure without a wiki what it's Pop was in the 50s&80s) but by some standards Nashville was small then. To some it's still probably small, the census data last year has us over 700K, the greater 6 county area around 2million(or close). Depending on where you are and what "big" means to you.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime