Page 49 of 187 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Just got done with the most recent episode, goddamn that fight against Sportsmaster and Tigress was sick, probably some of the best choreography in a DC tv show to date. I didn't think they would be able to top Titans season 1's fights but they just might've.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    According to the Dragon King, Slade betrayed the ISA. I like to think James Robinson characterization for Slade applies in this continuity.

Who said Slade needs to be dead? As I recall, Obsidian draws his power from the shadowlands just like Slade. His powers could probably in need of mentorship unlike the rest.
    Oh, okay. I think I misunderstood what you're saying.

Considering Robinson's involvement, I wouldn't be surprised if Shade is just relaxing in Opal City. Considering they name-dropped Ted Knight, I expect we'll visit there soon enough.

Incredible Member

I just caught up with this show, thought it was going to be ho hum but I have to say, it's pretty god damn great. I thought it was only going to be about stargirl, but they got right into expanding into a larger roster, even teasing some of the bigger potential heroes like a future green lantern. Insane. I doubt they would allow that on a tv show, but if they did in a future season that would be amazing.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    Just got done with the most recent episode, goddamn that fight against Sportsmaster and Tigress was sick, probably some of the best choreography in a DC tv show to date. I didn't think they would be able to top Titans season 1's fights but they just might've.
    Titans season one anything is such a low bar to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Titans season one anything is such a low bar to begin with.
    Nah Titans sucks in many ways, but the fights were consistently on point imo.

Astonishing Member

Nah Titans sucks in many ways, but the fights were consistently on point imo.
    Wasn't Geoff Johns involved with Titans as well? Of course, I don't think his run on Titans was comparable to Wolfman/Perez -- whereas his JSA work is his best stuff, IMHO.

Astonishing Member

I'm mixed about the show. Stargirl is fun. The new JSA are completely lame. The ISA is not convincing. I find it hard to believe they took out Green Lantern, Dr. Fate, Flash and the Thunderbolt.

Brainwave had some oomph as does the freezer guy. I know from discussion that Brainwave has taken them all in the comics.

The current crew, seems like Arrowverse Ollie and John Wick would wipe them all out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I'm mixed about the show. Stargirl is fun. The new JSA are completely lame. The ISA is not convincing. I find it hard to believe they took out Green Lantern, Dr. Fate, Flash and the Thunderbolt.

Brainwave had some oomph as does the freezer guy. I know from discussion that Brainwave has taken them all in the comics.

The current crew, seems like Arrowverse Ollie and John Wick would wipe them all out.
    As a pulp fan I cannot help thinking the Spider or Shadow would have delivered some 45 caliber justice.

I think that's the point.
    The team that went up against the originals shousl have done well, with Shade, Fiddler, BW, Wizard, Grundy and Icicle. That same team would murder stomp thisbsecond generation. So the only way to give them a chance is to remove some of the big guns

As such we have Shade having betrayed them.
    Fiddler gone and replaced by a wife who is less effective with his magic fiddle
    BW taken out by dumb luck. I'd say hell recover but not be 100% for the final battle
    And the Wizard killed by his team mates.

That really only leaves us Grundy icicle and a weaker fiddler in terms of power to face this much weaker junior JSA along with the non powered Gambler sports master and tigress. It's clearly the writers way of giving them a chance. After all besides Courtney herself the current team wouldn't last long vs Ollie or John Wick either, and I'd say shed go down after a fight too.

For me it's the in experience actually makes it more believable they've just put these costumes on I'm going out it and I getting nowhere of course they are

Also, we probably shouldn't assume Flash, GL, and Fate are anywhere near as powerful as their comic counterparts. That hasn't really been the case for any other live action hero, so I think it's safe to assume that they've been toned down a bit.

Yeah I don't get how some approach these fictions and assume what they've been shown (which is only what they want you to see at the time), automatically means everything is said and done.

I find it hard to believe they took out Green Lantern, Dr. Fate, Flash and the Thunderbolt..
    Also, we probably shouldn't assume Flash, GL, and Fate are anywhere near as powerful as their comic counterparts.
    Also we didn't actually see how those were defeated. We saw the symbolic remnants of their fight, and all we know is what Pat believes he knows (they are gone)
    They could have been whisked/transitioned away to another space/time/dimension/ (their weapons/powers/tricks, and history certainly allow it) to still fight another day in some form, biding for the right time, and potentially when this group needs them most.

And extrapolating on their age having survived and fighting that long, we know there was already more to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Dr. Mid-Nite:
    Born 1914
    Died: 2010
    JSA Member: 1941 - 2010

So he was 96!?
    When we see him during the opening battle of the first episode.

What does that imply for the rest of the JSA too?
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-27-2020 at 10:38 AM.

I see a flashback scene at some point of the JSA fighting Ian Karkull and absorbing enough of Karkull's magic energy to slow down their aging.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I see a flashback scene at some point of the JSA fighting Ian Karkull and absorbing enough of Karkull's magic energy to slow down their aging.
    I think it'd be better if its revealed that they got dumped in the present while dealing with Degaton

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think it'd be better if its revealed that they got dumped in the present while dealing with Degaton
    Yeah, a few people have suggested they retcon the JSA to getting dumped into a future era while they were still young. So they'd have been dumped about 20 years ago -- enough time to start families.

Extraordinary Member

I figured it would have happened (pulled from time) sometime in the 1960s, because of of how much older Sylvester was, and because of Rex’s love for his 1966 Mustang.