Page 52 of 187 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I wonder, has there been any indication that there are still heroes around? What about meta-human prisons?

Flash had the Pipeline, what does Courtney's world have?

Man, the logistics of live action, lol

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Gertrude Berg played Molly Goldberg on her Radio/TV show the Goldberg's. She wrote, produced, starred, and directed the radio show started in 1929 and transitioned into television lasting till about 1956 and was the template for the sitcom and tackled issues like Kristallnacht. She won the 1st Emmy for Best Actress for the Goldberg's, did Broadway plays and was once voted the 2nd best known woman in America only behind Eleanor Roosevelt.

Yet this woman is barely remembered today and if you say the Goldberg's people will know the ABC sitcom not her show.

People sometimes are forgotten even the famous.
    Except Gertrude Berg (whom I was aware of as a kid from my parents, FWIW) wasn't remotely the most famous person of her time, did anything that people centuries from now would be talking about, or, ahem, had super powers and fought supervillains. Come on, I know about the vagaries of history. If some of you want to believe something as momentous as the JSA would be forgotten within ten years, I can't stop you, but I'm never going to be convinced.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Except Gertrude Berg (whom I was aware of as a kid from my parents, FWIW) wasn't remotely the most famous person of her time, did anything that people centuries from now would be talking about, or, ahem, had super powers and fought supervillains. Come on, I know about the vagaries of history. If some of you want to believe something as momentous as the JSA would be forgotten within ten years, I can't stop you, but I'm never going to be convinced.
    How have the JSA been forgotten? Yolanda and Beth both seemed to recognize the team

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How have the JSA been forgotten? Yolanda and Beth both seemed to recognize the team
    They know about them now, but had no memory of them prior to their taking on their legacies.

Ultimate Member

They know about them now, but had no memory of them prior to their taking on their legacies.
    They knew that they existed, what more would they know about a team that died when they were kids?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    yolanda did not know. beth is a bookworm and with that googles ,she would easily learned about the jsa history.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Thanks for the clearer shot, edited my own accordingly.
    Also fun headline from Star Spangled #3

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Thanks for the clearer shot, edited my own accordingly.
    That just shows that the paper has been published since 1940, not that the particular story is from 1940. It could be the Civic City News from June 29, 2020 and it would still have "Serving Civic City, NE since 1940" as part of the masthead.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    That just shows that the paper has been published since 1940, not that the particular story is from 1940. It could be the Civic City News from June 29, 2020 and it would still have "Serving Civic City, NE since 1940" as part of the masthead.
    Indeed. And it looks like the volume # is LXX-something. This would make the newspaper from 70-something years after 1940. So, 2010-something.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Not to mention the fact that newspapers printed regularly in color weren't around until the late '70s.

Astonishing Member

Watched the latest episode. We got Shiv, Dragon King, a Homecoming game, a fight at Blue Valley High, janitor Shining Knight . . . it's possible the Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.-iest episode yet.

Well it's good I didn't embarrassingly hinge a bunch of speculation about their potential time-displaced age on that date.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Indeed. And it looks like the volume # is LXX-something. This would make the newspaper from 70-something years after 1940. So, 2010-something.
    Not to mention the fact that newspapers printed regularly in color weren't around until the late '70s.
    Lol thanks!

As well as the car in the image being completely modern! LOL.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-29-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Well it's good I didn't embarrassingly hinge a bunch of speculation about their potential time-displaced age on that date.

Lol thanks!

As well as the car in the image being completely modern! LOL.
    Yeah, the WWII theory is now moribund until further notice.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like that Dragon King let his kid in on the fact he's a super villain. He doesn't have to make up excuses for why he isn't around most of the time. I got a chuckle out of him telling Cindy to not kill the minions.

Lot of parallels between Courtney and Cindy in this episode, fitting for future archenemies. Both are missing biological parents, both want to rush headlong into being Superheroes/Supervillains while their parents are telling them to be patient, both have similar suit up sequences, and both use staffs for weapons.

I liked Rick carving the Hourman logo onto the tree where Rex died .

Charles McNider singing "taking care of business" is something I never thought I'd see .

Of course the son of a Supervillain would realize his powers just in time to help him cheat on a test. Granted, he was undergoing a lot of stress and mental trauma, so I don't blame him for taking the easy way out.

Did Cindy accidentally kill her biological mother while testing her abilities? That's the impression I got from Dragon King warning her that she hadn't learned anything after she killed one of his henchmen. And he only re-married so he could have someone to watch Cindy while he's away and deal with all the nitty, gritty, parental stuff. I feel like that step-mother is basically just a hostage for Ito, more or less.

So Cindy leaked Yolanda's nudes just to get with Henry...all because she needed to watch him in the off-chance he had his father's powers? She didn't even care about him? Jeez, her friend's right, she is a @$%^& .

They legitimately cast somebody to play the original Fiddler, so I'm wondering if we're going to get a flashback to what happened to him. I guess that leaves Shade the only actor-less member of the ISA (aside from Grundy, what with him being CGI).

Mike is pretty glib most of the time, but you can tell there's some issues there when he's jealous of Courtney hogging Pat and his lack of a mother figure pre-Barbara.

Not only did Courtney completely undermine Pat trying to teach the kids about who they were facing but she had to show off she's the main character by making it all about her. And then once again she rushes headlong into something without thinking just to prove herself, only this time she finally has to deal with some serious consequences after Shiv hands her her butt and leaves her critically wounded. Hopefully this finally knocks some real sense into Courtney.

I thought Cameron might end up asking out Artemis (they're a couple in the comics) but they already set him and Courtney up as being interested in each other, so that wasn't too surprising. It's probably going to end as well as Jordan possibly being interested in Barbara (as in, not at all).

Y'know, with Icicle being Icicle, I honestly can't tell if he was joking about killing his rival for Cameron's mom.

Courtney totally realized Cindy was Shiv right? Cindy wasn't even wearing a mask. Unless they use the lack of light to explain away that Courtney couldn't get a good look at her face. Likewise I'm wondering if Shiv hearing Pat yell "Courtney!" was enough for her to put two-and-two together or if she was more distracted about someone in the vicinity who could see her.

Shining Knight! We saw him missing his steed, his sword, and then he comes in for the save to fend off Shiv. And he recognizes Stripesy too. I hope we finally get the full reveal of Sir Justin in the next episode.