Page 54 of 187 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

About time Courtney really got her ass kicked. Will she learn any humility and listen to Pat. Probably not till she gets someone killed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    About time Courtney really got her ass kicked. Will she learn any humility and listen to Pat. Probably not till she gets someone killed.
    Someone already got killed and that didn't curve Courtney.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Don't know what you mean by underpowered. I mean we haven't seen her do much in the show yet, but she is a neophyte so technically probably hasn't learnt the full capability of the "glow stick". Comic Starman / star girl is technically is powerful as a Green Lantern. The cosmic staff can create energy constructs it can put up Force Fields it can affect the gravity of other things levitating them and so forth if you can absorb and manipulate all forms of energy it's even altered matter by turning things from matter to antimatter. Using his older, smaller, less powerful gravity rod Ted Knight was able to fight and defeat Ultraman the earth 3 Superman. Not to mentionnthat Aquarius absorbed that older rods power to amp himself and completely defeat the JSA. Then we have the fact that with either that rod or the CCB Sylvester was able to take down Vulcan. The same Vulcan who shattered Fate's spells and put him in a coma and shattered Alan's constructs.
    I can't really apply comic power levels to this...if we are doing that there is no way fate, flash, green lantern, star man and johnny thunder are killed in the first episode so I have to judge from what they have shown us..."glowstick". Problem is once you knock the staff from her hands, which we have seen happen several times, she's done for.... hence the underpowered. Because a ring is much more secure Green lantern has an advantage of never losing their power as readily.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope not, I like her as an authoritative person who knows what she's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hope not, I like her as an authoritative person who knows what she's all about.
    She's a fool who overestimates her abilities. The IJS killed the JSA and she thinks she can take them on alone, or with an untrained team.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

hardly, she's just a impulsive headstrong teenager who doesn't listen like most teenagers , she has to learn her lessons.

I don't want to seem like I am criticizing the show. It's depicting her as a typical teenager. I am commenting on what an idiot Courtney is being. The show has been great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    I can't really apply comic power levels to this...if we are doing that there is no way fate, flash, green lantern, star man and johnny thunder are killed in the first episode so I have to judge from what they have shown us..."glowstick". Problem is once you knock the staff from her hands, which we have seen happen several times, she's done for.... hence the underpowered. Because a ring is much more secure Green lantern has an advantage of never losing their power as readily.
    If you apply comics levels several members of the Isa that were in that battle could have taken out several of those high-powered JSA members on their own

Comic book Solomon Grundy was easily taking it to Doctor Fate Allan Scott and houman in a solo battle it was shown in that story that doctor fates magic doesn't affect him and we know from almost every single battle that he and Alan have had together but Allan's energy doesn't affect him much either.

I've already stated that brainwave has soloed the JSA that included spectre with out assistance and soloed them again a few times not to mention in one comic he actually TP struck and took down the whole team in a panel.

In one JLA and JSA crossover the wizard was taking it to the big 7 JLA without assistance.

Shade is stated on panel hi Dr Fate to be someone that even the spectre would have trouble with

The Fiddler has soloed the entire team of the JSA on at least three occasions they had plot wins in every single one. He literally played his fiddle and had the entire team as statues in one of the confrontations.

There is a reason why John's has had the brain wave taken out by sheer luck and the wizard killed by his own teammates, and the Fiddler die and be replaced by his wife who isnt as good and shade betray the team before this thing started. It's because if they were still in the Isa no team that Courtney could form would stand chance.

In the JSA 90s run there was a story or obsidian casually soloed the entire team and have them pretty much beaten until Alan went all out against his son. One of the latest jla stories prior to flash point obsidian up against shade on panel states that shade is more powerful than him and that he couldn't contend with him.

It just blows my mind how many times I see this ridiculous statement made about the pilot and how this team should not have beaten the JSA and kill them when this team was perfectly formed for just that purpose. This was literally the most powerful iteration of the Injustice Society ever put forward for any fictional story. The history of the Isa in DC Comics publication has never had more than two power houses as members at the one time. Yep this team literally had five
    Last edited by beatboks; 07-01-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    hardly, she's just a impulsive headstrong teenager who doesn't listen like most teenagers , she has to learn her lessons.
    No, she doesn't have to "learn her lessons". She can be a real person. I like that she isn't a stereotypical 'Ms. Perfect'. She's headstrong and opinionated and wants to be a hero.

I'm sure she'll grow and change over the series, but this is only mid way through season 1.

I don't want to seem like I am criticizing the show. It's depicting her as a typical teenager. I am commenting on what an idiot Courtney is being. The show has been great so far.
    Nah, I didn't think you were. I get what you're saying. I'm just saying I'm in no rush to change the character. She's great.

Extraordinary Member

The credits said that last night's episode was directed by Lea Thompson. Is that the actress Lea Thompson?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    The credits said that last night's episode was directed by Lea Thompson. Is that the actress Lea Thompson?
    I beleive so, that is if she had anything to do with back to the future. Ive seen it said in a few placss the the director of that episode had something to do with BTTF

I saw on reddit that there was an easter egg in the math test Brainwave Jnr took. One of the questions had the espeed quation of Johnny Quick.

Nah, I didn't think you were. I get what you're saying. I'm just saying I'm in no rush to change the character. She's great.
    I like her too, she just needs to learn and grow, which is good for the arc of the show.

And not mentioned, I like what they are doing with Michael. They are making him more nuanced than annoying step brother. (No spoilers if he becomes someone important please, I did not read the comic)
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-01-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    If you apply comics levels several members of the Isa that were in that battle could have taken out several of those high-powered JSA members on their own

Comic book Solomon Grundy was easily taking it to Doctor Fate Allan Scott and houman in a solo battle it was shown in that story that doctor fates magic doesn't affect him and we know from almost every single battle that he and Alan have had together but Allan's energy doesn't affect him much either.

I've already stated that brainwave has soloed the JSA that included spectre with out assistance and soloed them again a few times not to mention in one comic he actually TP struck and took down the whole team in a panel.

In one JLA and JSA crossover the wizard was taking it to the big 7 JLA without assistance.

Shade is stated on panel hi Dr Fate to be someone that even the spectre would have trouble with

The Fiddler has soloed the entire team of the JSA on at least three occasions they had plot wins in every single one. He literally played his fiddle and had the entire team as statues in one of the confrontations.

There is a reason why John's has had the brain wave taken out by sheer luck and the wizard killed by his own teammates, and the Fiddler die and be replaced by his wife who isnt as good and shade betray the team before this thing started. It's because if they were still in the Isa no team that Courtney could form would stand chance.

In the JSA 90s run there was a story or obsidian casually soloed the entire team and have them pretty much beaten until Alan went all out against his son. One of the latest jla stories prior to flash point obsidian up against shade on panel states that shade is more powerful than him and that he couldn't contend with him.

It just blows my mind how many times I see this ridiculous statement made about the pilot and how this team should not have beaten the JSA and kill them when this team was perfectly formed for just that purpose. This was literally the most powerful iteration of the Injustice Society ever put forward for any fictional story. The history of the Isa in DC Comics publication has never had more than two power houses as members at the one time. Yep this team literally had five
    I would call most of those victories by the ISA as PIS. How the hell can BrainWave beat the Spectre a being with god like power. Wizard would be no match against Fate in a match up. The Flash should be able to solo half of the ISA himself though I am not sure if the JSA Flash has the same power as the JLA Flash and can move, think and react at millions of times the speed of light. You add GL and the Thunderbolt who is a 5D imp also with Godlike power and the ISA should have been toast a long time ago.
    Last edited by mburns; 07-01-2020 at 07:32 AM.

I like her too, she just needs to learn and grow, which is good for the arc of the show.

And not mentioned, I like what they are doing with Michael. They are making him more nuanced than annoying step brother. (No spoilers if he becomes someone important please, I did not read the comic)
    I agree. All the characters feel very well rounded so far.

The buildup to the Shiv/Stargirl conflict was all around rad!