Page 55 of 187 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I like that there's room for more members later. I'd like to see Jade and Obsidian, Jesse Quick, Sand...
    They can make these characters great!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I beleive so, that is if she had anything to do with back to the future. Ive seen it said in a few placss the the director of that episode had something to do with BTTF

I saw on reddit that there was an easter egg in the math test Brainwave Jnr took. One of the questions had the espeed quation of Johnny Quick.
    Yes, Lea Thompson was a major player in Back To The Future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So does Cindy know Courtney is Stargirl? Because I can't think of any other reason why she would want to "hang out".
    No, I think she was legitimately looking for someone to hang with. But after Pat yelled her name out loud -- Cindy has to know Stargirl is Courtney. She was a bit dazed when it happened, but it will come back to her later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Wow, wasn't expecting Shining Knight. That was a nice reveal. And he apparently knows Pat, so he was part of the JSA too?
    I'm assuming Seven Solders of Victory existed before JSA in this show -- and Sylvester, Pat and Justin were each members. I didn't read Stars and STRIPE, so have no idea why the Shining Knight is pretending to be a janitor. Down on his luck?

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that something has affected his memory and he only remembers parts of his history...like in moments of stress things come back to him and he acts on them before they slip away again and he goes back to being a janitor again...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm assuming Seven Solders of Victory existed before JSA in this show -- and Sylvester, Pat and Justin were each members. I didn't read Stars and STRIPE, so have no idea why the Shining Knight is pretending to be a janitor. Down on his luck?
    Justin became amnesiac after he became time displaced with the seven soldiers after fighting Dragon King's Nebula Man. He rescued by the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    She's a fool who overestimates her abilities. The IJS killed the JSA and she thinks she can take them on alone, or with an untrained team.
    I think this is why I really can't get into this show. For me, I don't like a bunch of untried, untested teenager putting on costumes and taking the fight to a group of highly trained, highly experienced villains who killed the people who's gear they are now wearing. I could go with it in Buffy, but for some reason I just can't go with it here.

For me, it would have been better if it was more like the JSA from the comics- sure, Courtney was on the team, but she was on a team with experienced heroes like Jay Garrick and Alan Scott. And they, among others, taught her how to be a better hero. I feel if they had gone with an adult JSA, and these kids were essentially their sidekicks learning the ropes, I could have really gotten behind the show. Bu that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think this is why I really can't get into this show. For me, I don't like a bunch of untried, untested teenager putting on costumes and taking the fight to a group of highly trained, highly experienced villains who killed the people who's gear they are now wearing. I could go with it in Buffy, but for some reason I just can't go with it here.

For me, it would have been better if it was more like the JSA from the comics- sure, Courtney was on the team, but she was on a team with experienced heroes like Jay Garrick and Alan Scott. And they, among others, taught her how to be a better hero. I feel if they had gone with an adult JSA, and these kids were essentially their sidekicks learning the ropes, I could have really gotten behind the show. Bu that's just my opinion.
    If it's any consolation, so far it's pretty clear the entire new JSA is outclassed by the ISA. Courtney taking out Brainwave was luck thanks to the staff more then anything else.

Fantastic Member

Totally agree...but how much budget would this show have to have with all of those powered beings on screen all the time...

The original Star-Rocket-Racer in Pat's garage?
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-01-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The show’s called Stargirl for a reason.

Not the JUstice Society Show. And since it’s doubtful we’ll ever get a JSA show. Stargirl works as a gateway for those characters as backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    With the exception of the Dugan family and Shiv and her father, none of the characters in the show appeared in the Stars and STRIPE comi book, at least to my recollection.

EDIT: I notice that Immortal Weapon mentioned something about Dragon King's Nebula Man as the reason for Shining Knight's amnesia. I guess I could be wrong about Shining Knight never having appeared in the comic book, but I honestly don't remember that. But it's been some time since I've read the comic book, and, to be honest, I only read each issue once!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    With the exception of the Dugan family and Shiv and her father, none of the characters in the show appeared in the Stars and STRIPE comi book, at least to my recollection.
    Shining Knight Justin was in the comic as a Janitor too.

In issue Stars & Stripe issue #0 (Courtney’s first appearance) Courtney, Pat and Starman Jack Knight team up to fight Icicle Jr.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Stars_and...I.P.E._Vol_1_0

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The show’s called Stargirl for a reason.

Not the JUstice Society Show. And since it’s doubtful we’ll ever get a JSA show. Stargirl works as a gateway for those characters as backstory.
    I imagine the show will have to be renamed Stargirl & the JSA when her team expands.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I imagine the show will have to be renamed Stargirl & the JSA when her team expands.
    That never stopped Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Black Lightning.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-01-2020 at 12:22 PM.