Page 139 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2791
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the one hand I was disappointed the priest brought in Yolanda's mother and broke her trust, but at the same time, knowing she's going through a lot, you would normally think the reasonable option is to go to their parents to give them the support they need. And he immediately puts her mom down when she tries to turn it on Yolanda and blame her, and all but says she is long past being judged by her family or by others. So I think from his perspective he was handling it well. And for once it seems like Yolanda's mom is trying to reach her daughter...but then we see Yolanda's mom pin all the blame on Courtney, showing she hasn't changed at all .
    Yolanda's parents are so damn annoying.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yolanda mother is ****. She needs to actually help her child rather than point a finger.

I reckon that the Shade could be the one to get Yolenda out of her funk. As someone who has killed his share of people who could help her how to live with it. She really needs that bad vs evil talk.

Incredible Member

I suppose my reaction to the episode was a little different.
    I liked the episode, it showed the group dealing with the after effects of a
    hard battle.
    Often in superhero shows and the comics one struggle, just leads to the next
    monster to confront. Here the emotional struggles have to be confronted, dealt
    with, nor is it always a simple resolution. That was all nice to see.

I felt for Yolanda, this has been building for a long time. The advice she
    received in church wasn't the best, but ultimately she is going to have to find
    her own peace. I think she is being too hard on herself, but I'm confident she
    will figure it out in the end. How it will work out with Brainwave will be interesting to see.

I loved the Mike and Pat scenes, especially the wax off comment, that Mike didn't
    recognize at all. I hope there will be no repercussions of the dark energy for Mike.
    I enjoyed the discussion between Yolanda, Courtney, Rick, and Beth. It allowed
    all of them to express how they would have handled Brainwave. Rick has his own
    code, so it wasn't surprising that he would say yes, I would have killed him if that was
    necessary. I also enjoyed the family dynamic of the Dugan family as they all talked.

Beth has been the weak link of the group. It will be interesting what happens next week.
    It sounds as though she will be front and center.

Incredible Member

As a teacher I had to feel for the principal thrown into the pool of suddenly having to teach a class.
    The poor Inca Empire deserved better than being rehashed once again. I don't know why it is
    but when they show classes it is always history courses. Maybe it could be a lit class sometime?

I have been there in a class where you are trying to get people up and talking, while they are bored out of
    their minds, furtively using their phones. I'm sorry my dude you had to go through that.

Of course, to be honest, I have also gone through 3 hour meetings (no, not exaggerating) where a university
    president was droning on and on. Everyone was on their phones to avoid passing out from boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    As a teacher I had to feel for the principal thrown into the pool of suddenly having to teach a class.
    The poor Inca Empire deserved better than being rehashed once again. I don't know why it is
    but when they show classes it is always history courses. Maybe it could be a lit class sometime?

I have been there in a class where you are trying to get people up and talking, while they are bored out of
    their minds, furtively using their phones. I'm sorry my dude you had to go through that.

Of course, to be honest, I have also gone through 3 hour meetings (no, not exaggerating) where a university
    president was droning on and on. Everyone was on their phones to avoid passing out from boredom.
    Is he the principal? I thought he was the guidance counselor.

Incredible Member

Wasn't that the same guy who suspended her earlier in the season? I may have it wrong.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This episode felt like it was treading water. I'm not surprised either. After the mid season mega fight that took out Shade and 2 of the teen baddies it is rebuilding time.

Yolonda was the standout arc this week. She needs someone to help her cope and I'm not sure its mom.

Minor episode on the road to the finale. Every episode after this and until the finale will build, just like it did at seasons start.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Only positive thing this episode: Courtney for once did not dump Cameron!

Incredible Member

I thought it was sweet to see Courtney doing typical high school kind of things. It served
    as a reminder that many of the people here are all young.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Only positive thing this episode: Courtney for once did not dump Cameron!
    For once Cameron had a good day...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I thought it was sweet to see Courtney doing typical high school kind of things. It served
    as a reminder that many of the people here are all young.
    Also the superhero life isn't as exciting as Courtney hoped. The trauma it comes with is difficult to overcome.

Incredible Member

No boob window? Younger? Why don't you just take away her boobs, muscles, and blonde hair also. In the comics she is not much older than cout. Why not the same on the tv show???

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Maybe, but she'd probably need to be aged down to more Courtney's age - also, clearly the booby window would have to go.
    Last edited by gwhh; 09-29-2021 at 07:27 AM.

It was the Aztecs, lol.

Incredible Member

That was last week. This week it was the Inca. Not that it matters that much.
    It is not central to the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    No boob window? Younger? Why don't you just take away her boobs, muscles, and blonde hair also. In the comics she is much older than cout. Why not the same on the tv show???
    Because it's the TV show and not the comics? The age thing is debatable, but the current show doesn't lend itself to older characters fighting alongside a bunch of teens. And for the boob window, I mean, it's kind of obvious why they'd not want to be comics accurate on that costume choice right now.