Page 87 of 187 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2791

I just had thought re the manifesto. The machine doesnt work on brains that arent fully developed so thise under the age of 25 aren't affected. So the manifesto could be a means of ensuring that the youth that cant be controlled comes on board and goes along with the ISA.

Strategically they could have chosen these ideals to follow as the publically pushed manifesto to minimize resistance against them. I mean they have positiined themselves in the mid west where the percentage of conservatives is higher (so they are targeting the part of the country where the number of people opposed to the ideas in the manifesto are a higher percentage). So choosing these ideals would mean the majority of those outide their area of influence would support their cause as well as those unaffected within the states the machine affects. These ideals are more prevalent in the young even amongst young conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

At no point in the series have Sportsmaster and Tigress displayed concern for anything other than themselves and their daughter (to be specific, what they want their daughter to be). There's a reason Bowin called them out for being so sadistic in this episode, which they ended up proving when they killed her over an insult. Brainwave killed his own son and is dead set on blaming everyone but himself for his decision and by the admission of the resident telepath, Ito views Cindy as more of an experiment - and a failed one at that - than a daughter. And the Gambler doesn't have any kids.
    They did chastise Gambler for littering if you recall.

Though I'm now thinking the manifesto is completely strategic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The AI in the goggles are apparently her best friend and none of the other CW tech nerds had that.
    All the DC shows have to have some nerdy super computer type. She's really kind of sad.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I just had thought re the manifesto. The machine doesnt work on brains that arent fully developed so thise under the age of 25 aren't affected. So the manifesto could be a means of ensuring that the youth that cant be controlled comes on board and goes along with the ISA.

Strategically they could have chosen these ideals to follow as the publically pushed manifesto to minimize resistance against them. I mean they have positiined themselves in the mid west where the percentage of conservatives is higher (so they are targeting the part of the country where the number of people opposed to the ideas in the manifesto are a higher percentage). So choosing these ideals would mean the majority of those outide their area of influence would support their cause as well as those unaffected within the states the machine affects. These ideals are more prevalent in the young even amongst young conservatives
    Sounds like Icicle positioned himself in the midwest to ensure a bloodless takeover of the country. Even so he doesn't seem to mind dirtying the hands of those mind controlled if he can't get it "clean".

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If the CW can't afford Luke Wilson for next season I see this happening.
    That's 100% going to happen when it hits the CW.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Beth's goggles are really becoming a sore point. This character needs a complete overhaul if she's to leave any impresson beyond being another annoying CW/DC nerd.
    I've loved Beth, and her role as field detective! She's been so much fun all season. The CGI green murk that came out of her glasses was a huge step too far for me, though (still a great episode and didn't kill it for me, just acted as a taste of what to expect on the CW).

On the CW she's going to forever be in a warehouse space tapping away at a table from IKEA and shouting techno babble.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-06-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I've loved Beth, and her role as field detective! She's been so much fun all season. The CGI green murk that came out of her glasses was a huge step too far for me, though (still a great episode and didn't kill it for me, just acted as a taste of what to expect on the CW).

On the CW she's going to forever be in a warehouse space tapping away at a table from IKEA and shouting techno babble.
    I guess everyone (except the sorely missed Henry King, Jr.) is reliant on tech, but Beth isn't even enhanced with the goggles. She's just a walking, talking Alexa. Her cheery attitude, I guess, is a refreshing juxtaposition to the dark and dreary Rick and Yolanda, but I wish she could do more than talk to her goggles.

Sounds like Icicle positioned himself in the midwest to ensure a bloodless takeover of the country. Even so he doesn't seem to mind dirtying the hands of those mind controlled if he can't get it "clean".
    I think there was always goingnto be blood, its nore about having a chance for success. Originally it was only goingnto be 6 states, now its more. Even with that more hes only reprogrammed 1/3 of the US population. Allowing for the fact that the area affected also has any 60 mil under 25 (whonhe effectively has hostages to control via parents) that still only 1/2. Having goals that might get 40+% of the other half onside would assure victory.

Imagine if it was only the original 6 states, their plan wouldnt have accomplished enough to take power.

I'm sure Johns will fight to make sure that doesn't happen.

All this talk about cuts to actors etc because of cost for the CW doesnt make sense. From what Ive read the show costs marginally less per episode than CW spent on Arrow and Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So you build a secret evil lair. But you take the extra time to make it look like a Hollywood version of a dungeon with gas torch light and faux stone walls?
    And you are a Japanese war criminal, not an evil British Lord.
    Hey, the League of Assassins have setups like that all over the place.

If the CW can't afford Luke Wilson for next season I see this happening.
    I get the budget will take a hit (though I do wonder how big the budget is now). But as long as the actors are willing to come back (do they currently film in Canada?), I'm sure the CW will find other things in the budget to slash. VFX will take a hit, and S.T.R.I.P.E. won't be seen as often. They will focus more on characters with less flashy powers- so more Sportsmaster, less Icicle.

For all the hand-ringing I'm hearing about how bad the show will look or be on the CW, remember that The Flash has lasted for 6 seasons so far, that that is an FX heavy show at times. Supergirl has done pretty good as well, at least to my eyes.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I get the budget will take a hit (though I do wonder how big the budget is now). But as long as the actors are willing to come back (do they currently film in Canada?), I'm sure the CW will find other things in the budget to slash. VFX will take a hit, and S.T.R.I.P.E. won't be seen as often. They will focus more on characters with less flashy powers- so more Sportsmaster, less Icicle.

For all the hand-ringing I'm hearing about how bad the show will look or be on the CW, remember that The Flash has lasted for 6 seasons so far, that that is an FX heavy show at times. Supergirl has done pretty good as well, at least to my eyes.
    They film in metro Atlanta.

Actors willingly to back will depend on if they keep their salaries and maybe not having to change film location. I felt Supergirl's VFX took a serious hit when it made the Jump to the CW.

I think the producers said they won't be moving away from Atlanta.

See, I'd only worry about cast leaving if they moved to Vancouver.

I will admit I haven't watched Season 1 of Supergirl since it aired, but my biggest memory was the horrible looking Red Tornado that looked like he was dressed up in carpet squares. Other than that, to me the FX have been mostly consistent with a few shaky times. And I don't count the FX from season 5 at all- across the board the VFX were terrible in every show, because they diverted all of that money to Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    They did chastise Gambler for littering if you recall.

Though I'm now thinking the manifesto is completely strategic
    The chastizing Gambler for littering seemed more like an expression of annoyance rather than any actual concern. Especially since they could have just picked it up themselves.