Page 114 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2791
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I'd also point out that if it was a team of young villains going up against a team of a fewnold men, a number of middle aged heroes and a couple of younger recruits it makes the defeat of the JSA much more believable. I mean most who complain about it ignore the fact that Shadenis every bit as powerful a Fate, BW is every bit as powerful as Alan and Fiddler's magic fiddle every bit as powerful as Thunderbolt. Still the rest of the ISA falls short in the power depth. So having a much more youthful vigor would explain why only the younger Hourman and Starman were still standing
    Dr. Mid-Nite's depiction alone negates any assumptions about how powerful characters are in this series until we see it on screen. Comics canon (if DC can even be said to have such anymore) are more guidelines than laws here.

Ultimate Member

I'd also point out that if it was a team of young villains going up against a team of a fewnold men, a number of middle aged heroes and a couple of younger recruits it makes the defeat of the JSA much more believable. I mean most who complain about it ignore the fact that Shadenis every bit as powerful a Fate, BW is every bit as powerful as Alan and Fiddler's magic fiddle every bit as powerful as Thunderbolt. Still the rest of the ISA falls short in the power depth. So having a much more youthful vigor would explain why only the younger Hourman and Starman were still standing
    Err, what?

If comics are anything to go by, Johnny's Thunderbolt is more powerful than the ISA and JSA combined. 5th dimensional imp, remember?

Does make me wonder how they're gonna limit JJ when we see him

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm kinda hoping this show dusts off Johnny Thunder forgotten son but that doesn't seem likely.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Err, what?

If comics are anything to go by, Johnny's Thunderbolt is more powerful than the ISA and JSA combined. 5th dimensional imp, remember?

Once again, I repeat:

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Dr. Mid-Nite's depiction alone negates any assumptions about how powerful characters are in this series until we see it on screen. Comics canon (if DC can even be said to have such anymore) are more guidelines than laws here.

Ultimate Member

Once again, I repeat:
    I'm not disagreeing with you, just beatboks

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm kinda hoping this show dusts off Johnny Thunder forgotten son but that doesn't seem likely.
    Oh, hey! It's the other guy who read Primal Force! Nice to meet ya

Boisterously Confused

I'm not disagreeing with you, just beatboks
    Fair enough. Just hoping to avoid another 50 pages of moot Rumbles debate.

Yeah, I know, probably asking too much...

Err, what?

Comic fiddler used his magic fiddle to bring dinosaurs in a museum back to life to fight the JLA/JSA. Hid fiddler created things out of nothing. It was every bit as powerful as T-bolt and ridiculously OP.

I dont disagree but those who complained about the ISA so easily beating the JSA weren't talking about live action power levels. They weren't shown for most of the JSA so we'd have no way of knowing them.

Ultimate Member

Comic fiddler used his magic fiddle to bring dinosaurs in a museum back to life to fight the JLA/JSA. Hid fiddler created things out of nothing. It was every bit as powerful as T-bolt and ridiculously OP.
    And Superman could turn back time for a bit. Power levels often varied wildly.

But Fiddler was killed when Deadshot put a bullet in his skull, and the Thunderbolt was shown to be a 5th dimensional imp, to whom physics are a suggestion. And that was recently, not a Golden Age writer trying to meet a deadline

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    When Pat says "So, Courtney, the JSA were involved in the same type of hibernation experiment I did in that Idiocracy movie I made a while back, so that's why they were still around in this century fairly young," then I'll cheerfully exclaim their WWII roots. Otherwise, I believe it's wishful thinking on your part.
    1. Not wishful thinking as it's been confirmed on screen that one JSAer (Midnite) and one ISAer (Dragon King) are linked to the 40s. It's not even debatable because of what is shown.

2. Why would Pat saying that be proof when a bio of Mcnider showingnit and newspapers of DK aren't???

3. Both those linked to the era are the teams eggheads with medical knowledge who if anyone would know how to stay vital longer and who wouldn't matter being that old as they aren't physical combatants. I mean look at the changes they made to the goggles with their ability to gather information. A perfect tool for a team Commander to be directing his soldiers from the side of the battle. Not to mention the one and only appearancenof Mcnider showed he wasn't fighting while Hourman and Starman were.

IMHO they gave those two characters as linked to the GA for fan service and deliberately left everything else ambiguous so those fans who want a link to the GA of comics have one and those who have a hard time buying the time line can think differently

And Superman could turn back time for a bit. Power levels often varied wildly.

But Fiddler was killed when Deadshot put a bullet in his skull, and the Thunderbolt was shown to be a 5th dimensional imp, to whom physics are a suggestion. And that was recently, not a Golden Age writer trying to meet a deadline
    Do you think Johnny or Jakeem would be any safer from that bullet?
    Tbolt can't operate on its own it needs commands from its master after the magic world has been said. Its the plot device used all the time to make it a non starter.

The same way the Fiddler's fiddle needs him to play and focus on what he wants. That fiddle has frozen time and stopped Flashes in their tracks, reality warped the same way Tbolt has.

It's the fiddle that is equal to Tbolt not the fiddler and the fiddler is every bit as vulnerable as either Johnny or Jakeem.

Jakeem or Johnny can be easily taken out before talking, making Tbolt a non factor. So they are equal in the comics. Both have the same type of limitations (being employed by who wields them) and the same level of effect
    Last edited by beatboks; 08-03-2021 at 07:02 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

1. Not wishful thinking as it's been confirmed on screen that one JSAer (Midnite) and one ISAer (Dragon King) are linked to the 40s. It's not even debatable because of what is shown
    That isn't proof that the JSA were around during WWII. Is there a still shot or video that explicitly shows they were? If not, the jury is still out.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That isn't proof that the JSA were around during WWII. Is there a still shot or video that explicitly shows they were? If not, the jury is still out.
    You can't be an active member of something that doesn't exist. So the fact that the bio explicitly states Midnite was an a member of the JSA from 1941 to 2010 very much does prove that a group called the JSA existed in 1941

https://ibb.co/SdyYLKj

https://beatboks.imgbb.com/

I really can't understand how you think a bio shown on screen clearly stating that Midnite was a member of the JSA from 1941 till 2010 doesn't prove that a JSA existed in 1941. I'm dying to hear the explanation that makesnit not proof.

That doesn't mean any other member we saw mentioned from the 2010 battle were members at the same time, but some sort of JSA had to exist in 41 for that bio to exist and state he was a mere from then to 2010
    Last edited by beatboks; 08-03-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wonder when the seven soldiers existed in this show's timeline since they were important too.