Page 137 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2238
  1. #2041
    Mighty Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Fabulous episode. Both teams took a beating during the fight.
    Shade dressed in style.
    Eclipso was very well done. Little Bruce has a creepy laugh.

    Interview with Meg DeLacy aka SHIV.

    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...pected-arrival

  2. #2042
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    I absolutely loved that fight. I think in live action we see very few costumed hero vs. costumed villain team fights. Even the movies just have a team of heroes fighting an army of aliens or robots or whatever. I'd like to see more fights like these. Everyone had their own unique skill and fighting style, and even Dr. Mid-Nite's goggles had a couple useful tricks. Hourman vs. Artemis in particular was brutal.

    I also loved Artemis not wanting to kill Pat because he's a friend of her dad.

    Eclipso is so powerful even Shade is out of his depth.

    Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    On a side note hopefully the drained cosmic staff might need the attention of an aging Ted Knight (it's inventor) to recharge it( PLEASE)
    That would be cool. Random thought I had, since Courtney doesn't use the cosmic converter belt, I wonder if someone will invent it and give it to Mike. Maybe Ted Knight?

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Cindy getting her comeuppance was expected. I wonder if she is in fact actually dead. I think the actress is too good in her role and the character too big to have actually killed her. I imagine she is in another dimension or something. Maybe she will run into Doctor Midnite. Will Shade have to turn to Doctor Midnite? I imagine there will be a payoff to the fact that Midnite is clearly in a shadow dimension and Eclipso mentioning that Shade's powers come from his dimension.
    Maybe Obsidian is there too.

  3. #2043
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    649

    Default

    The JSA is going to need some major help to take down Eclipso. I'd like to think Jade will show up again, and I kind of think Obsidian will wind up being connected to the Shade, and hopefully take on an active role in the team, along with his sister. Jakeem Thunder would be great to see too. My biggest wish though, is to see Hector Hall take up the Dr. Fate mantle.

  4. #2044
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Beth should not go out to fight. Stargirl - you have a distance weapon. Learn to use it instead of trying to bop people with it. You have significant energy casting that would have taken out most of the opponents, this isn't bean bag. It is a lethal situation, use it.

    All the current JSA is irrelevant except Stargirl. Even strong folks in underwear are useless. BTW, if this was a competent SWAT team, the Bad guys would have been shot dead quickly - except perhaps for Cindy. All the gymnastics and throwing people around, stupid.

    Take some BJJ and take your opponents to the ground rather than the throw and haymaker.

    Glad they pointed out that the mech was useless against a ball bat. A big chain saw - give me a break.

    Still it was fun to watch. The JSA needs Jade and/or other stronger members. Poor Beth is so sad, trying to be relevant, out of depth and out of depth in her parent's situation. I feel for her real problems.

  5. #2045
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Beth should not go out to fight. Stargirl - you have a distance weapon. Learn to use it instead of trying to bop people with it. You have significant energy casting that would have taken out most of the opponents, this isn't bean bag. It is a lethal situation, use it.

    All the current JSA is irrelevant except Stargirl. Even strong folks in underwear are useless. BTW, if this was a competent SWAT team, the Bad guys would have been shot dead quickly - except perhaps for Cindy. All the gymnastics and throwing people around, stupid.

    Take some BJJ and take your opponents to the ground rather than the throw and haymaker.

    Glad they pointed out that the mech was useless against a ball bat. A big chain saw - give me a break.

    Still it was fun to watch. The JSA needs Jade and/or other stronger members. Poor Beth is so sad, trying to be relevant, out of depth and out of depth in her parent's situation. I feel for her real problems.
    I mean, Beth actually contributed to the fight for once by distracting Artemis long enough for Rick to tackle her and she was the one who found Mike.

    Superhero fights going to be Superhero fights. It was when the team worked together that they were able to take all three out. Kind of a bust for Injustice Unlimited though, so I guess Cameron's not joining them.

    I guess they need to stretch out STRIPE's next appearance.

  6. #2046
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post

    All the current JSA is irrelevant except Stargirl. Even strong folks in underwear are useless. BTW, if this was a competent SWAT team, the Bad guys would have been shot dead quickly - except perhaps for Cindy. All the gymnastics and throwing people around, stupid.
    You're confusing inexperience and youth with irrelevance. And since the name of the show is Stargirl, it would make sense for her to be somewhat above her peers on some level.

  7. #2047
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,163

    Default

    I kind of want Beth to be a behind the scenes hero. She is very smart and good at figuring things out. She really doesnt need to be fighting it out with people. let her be the info person the problem solver like a StarGirl version of oracle
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  8. #2048
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I kind of want Beth to be a behind the scenes hero. She is very smart and good at figuring things out. She really doesnt need to be fighting it out with people. let her be the info person the problem solver like a StarGirl version of oracle
    That archetype is so overused though.

    I guess if they need a physical Mid-Nite they can introduce Pieter Cross, but I don't think that's happening.

  9. #2049
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That archetype is so overused though.

    I guess if they need a physical Mid-Nite they can introduce Pieter Cross, but I don't think that's happening.
    Name an archtype in a superhero show that is not overused lol.

    Or if they are going to have her go into combat maybe after they rescue Dr Mid-Nite from where ever Shade trapped him he could train Beth. Not just in combat but in the sciences as well and she could become a real formattable member of the team
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  10. #2050
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,340

    Default

    The oughta make Beth a super genius or somethin', and have her whip up the solutions to some of their problems. Wasn't it her idea to stick Shade in a tanning bed?

    Granted, they never got to it, but it was still a creative idea.

  11. #2051
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Name an archtype in a superhero show that is not overused lol.

    Or if they are going to have her go into combat maybe after they rescue Dr Mid-Nite from where ever Shade trapped him he could train Beth. Not just in combat but in the sciences as well and she could become a real formattable member of the team
    I assume part of the reason they kept OG!Mid-Nite alive is so he can train Beth somewhat.

    Where are the blackout bombs?

  12. #2052
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume part of the reason they kept OG!Mid-Nite alive is so he can train Beth somewhat.

    Where are the blackout bombs?
    Blackout bombs seem like they'd be counter productive in a team fight, and Beth would need a means of overpowering/subduing her enemy.

    Plus, they'd likely have to budget in CGI that allows us to see her, while in the fog :P

  13. #2053
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,163

    Default

    I think in terms of potential of what they could do in the future Beth may be the best.

    I mean Stargirl has a cool stick that helps her fly and shoot people with light beams (Though she doesnt do that often.)

    Hourman is edgy with super strength.

    Pat has the whole "You have no idea how bad the ISA/Shade//Thunderbolt/Eclipso/past threat of the week Really is." Speech he gives every few scenes.

    But Beth is super smart, can think outside the box, could come up with cool gear, when Dr Mid-Nite comes back he can train her. I mean the sky is the limit for her if they want to write her right.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  14. #2054
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Take some BJJ and take your opponents to the ground rather than the throw and haymaker.
    What's BJJ?

  15. #2055
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What's BJJ?
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •