Page 171 of 187 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2791

We saw cops when Rick was arrested - otherwise we never see them doing anything even close to policework.

I mean, I'm ultimately fine with it. It fits the tone of the show, which leans much more towards fantasy than realism.

I understand Rick wanted to test his newfound 24 hours of power, but was doing it by breaking into Sportsmasters' gym meant to be some personal catharsis as well? I don't think we've seen the rest of the JSA react to the Crocks much.

Priest was pretty smart to throw at Yolanda that she's acting as prejudiced and unreasonable as her parents. Not that I think she took it to heart. Guy seems like a genuinely kind and reasonable man of the cloth despite being seemingly oblivious to what's really going on in Blue Valley.

Courtney is getting good at coming up with cover stories. I mean, that bit about the life advice from her old coach? That's fairly believable.

Jordans' son really does like bringing his father back to life through his art work. Which obviously makes it more awkward for Courtney.

Okay, I think they've played the Crocks breaking into their house and throwing out their stuff for comedy as much as the can. Now I think somebody needs to put their foot down.

I was genuinely surprised at how reasonable and polite the grandpa ended up being. He seems far more interested in Cameron being happy than getting revenge. Of course the grandma will probably ruin it.

Two horny teenagers trying to recruit a hot older girl...yeah, no surprise that didn't turn out well. Jakeem continues to be the main voice of reason in the Young All-Stars.

Zeek seems like he's been around the block romance-wise, but has found true love with Maria. Good for him!

Okay, Beth blocking her parents was a bit much. Granted they wouldn't stop calling her...but still.

Wow, Yolanda and Cindy really went at it. I wonder if it would've been different had Cindy been in her Shiv costume with her weapon, although it must have been very cathartic for Rick and Yolanda to pile on her like that (whether it was deserved or appropriate in that instance...I'll leave it to others to decide).

So, no surprise, Cindy is slowly turning into a scaley reptile like her dad. But she didn't trust the JSA to not judge her for it, and other than Courtney and Beth, she may have been right...but she still lied to them which didn't help at all. And then she just wrecks the team any more by exposing Courtney's secrets because she doesn't care any more. Ouch.

"You're training the new Icicle." Y'know, that would've been a good spot to throw in a "Icicle Jr." namedrop.

You know you've screwed up when even Beth is against you.

So Courtney's lost her teams' trust, Yolanda hates her (again), she doesn't know if she's trying to do the right thing, and it seems like they want her predecessor leading the team full-time.

What is that puzzle? Some kind...monstrous tree?

Sylvester's first episode without an emotional outburst or rage episode! And he actually talked more in-depth about his sister, Brainwave, and even about how he never got to see Henry...good stuff. And he found a way to relate to Courtney and also understood and backed her up instead of criticizing her. This was probably the best he's been all season, even if Pat feels jealous that Courtney listened to Sylvester but not to him.

I guess the team are finally going to find out about Helix next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was genuinely surprised at how reasonable and polite the grandpa ended up being. He seems far more interested in Cameron being happy than getting revenge. Of course the grandma will probably ruin it.
    My take was that the grandpa is better at being chill and maintaining their cover. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    My take was that the grandpa is better at being chill and maintaining their cover. I guess we'll see soon enough.
    Perhaps, yeah. Then again, a mother's love can be a powerful and terrifying force, so that explains to a point why Cameron's grandma isn't so willing to play nice with those she'd regard as her son's killers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Lily is the matriarch of the family and she's not fucking around

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Lily is the matriarch of the family and she's not fucking around

No, she isn't. Certainly not.

I felt bad for Cindy, she was basically ambushed. Was Hourman trying to kill her with those cars?

Cameron's grandparents are evil (or at least his grandmother is), but I can't really see him turning against Courtney or even fighting Stargirl.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Yolanda won the fight, I don't know if Cindy was holding back out of regard to Courtney or if she just got demolished. Either way glad Yolanda finally got that out.
    It was probably a case of Cindy not being in her battle suit and being off guard in general. Yolanda was mentally prepared for that confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Is the Zeek scene going to pay off something? Mike calling it out as a waste of time seemed like a nod - and maybe a hint that it won't be. It does seem odd nobody is trying to help Mike and Jakeem understand or better utilize the Thunderbolt.
    I still think Zeke was involved in the Gambler's murder somehow. Either he was there piloting STRIPE or someone was possessing him (hence the killer having many names) or something significant that he has to make enough appearances to remind the audience he exists.

So the satellite company that sends the CW to Verizon in NY is in a dispute over $$. I won't be able to see Stargirl until they settle. I hope I can watch on Roku or On Demand.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So the satellite company that sends the CW to Verizon in NY is in a dispute over $$. I won't be able to see Stargirl until they settle. I hope I can watch on Roku or On Demand.
    You can watch online from CWtv.com
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I like the setup of Cameron going full evil. We now know he has a history of anger problems, when he finds out how his father died, there will be no coming back. He will become the JSA main threat.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    I like the setup of Cameron going full evil. We now know he has a history of anger problems, when he finds out how his father died, there will be no coming back. He will become the JSA main threat.
    Yeah, it's quite the tragic setup, especially after Courtney tried so hard to help him, though what would certainly not be helping matters was her keeping that particular secret from him, not to mention keeping her relationship with him secret from her friends/family/teammates.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, it's quite the tragic setup, especially after Courtney tried so hard to help him, though what would certainly not be helping matters was her keeping that particular secret from him, not to mention keeping her relationship with him secret from her friends/family/teammates.
    What could she really say? Ever heard of Pol Pot? Your dad was a lot like him? One wiped out a large percentage of his population for ideological reasons and the other would have if we didn’t stop him?

Mighty Member

Glad Yolanda moved out. Her mom acts like a dictator.

Todd! Finally! I've been waiting for him since season 2. I feel like the actor did a great job capturing his character and his difficult emotions in his brief screentime in this episode.

I was wondering how they would address Todd's sexuality but they straight up show him about to have a romantic (albeit illegal) dinner with his boyfriend, who was fully supportive and seemed to genuinely care about Todd (and the reverse was true).

So Todd was looking for Jenny too...only Jenny unknowingly screwed him over by accessing their dads' rings and unlocking their respective powers, only Todd can't control it. But dang it if he didn't recover quick when the police showed up!

When I saw Keith David's name, I knew we were in for some Mr. Bones content! Although I'm so used to him being a grey skull it's weird seeing his skull look...more fleshy? It kind of reminds me of Red Skull from that old, shoddy, Captain America movie. He even dresses like a Nazi.

The Whitmore's are better actors than the Duggans. And Pat's been doing the Superhero game for decades...

Joel McHale had the easiest role of the episode of just talking into everybody's ear and sassing them and the situation, which is peak Joel McHale.

I just seeing Rick, Zeek, and Jakeem on-screen together playing a boardgame. And Jakeem genuinely listening to all the crazy stuff Zeek tells him.

"Operation Blackout Bomb" cool reference, but can we actually get some Blackout Bombs for Beth? So she can, like, actually contribute to action scenes?

Beth gets a first-hand look at how the new 24-hour Hourman is becoming more and more aggressive and unhinged, as Rick "flexes" by smashing a bunch of school property. Will Beth be the one who is able to bring Rick back from this?

Well, Yolanda's mom finally caught her lies about the JSA stuff and gives her the ultimatum...and Yolanda finally moves out. Honestly between giving in to her mothers' demands and leaving, I'd take leaving any day. Courtney's family has been more of a family to her than her own have been in years (minus her brother).

Man, I missed The Shade. And he shows up with the complete top hat and sunglasses look! And he's still kind of a supervillain because he straight up kidnaps Courtney with no explanation. I also love how he's so done with this shows' plot and having to deal with teenagers.

Jenny and Shade is not the hilarious odd couple I was expecting to see on the show, and Jenny hasn't let go of the fact that he helped kill her dad, but their banter was quite fun.

They really just took Courtney...so she could give Jenny a pep talk? Particularly when she is in the worst emotional state to be giving a pep talk? Yikes.

I feel like if Jakeem had wished for "every camera in Blue Valley" they probably would have solved all of this. And maybe caused more problems, granted...

Playing D&D with your grandma sounds like a hoot, but it seems like the main point Zeek was trying to make was to teach Jakeem to have more self-confidence in himself and the Thunderbolt will respond by granting his wish more effectively. Maybe that's why Johnny was never able to master it.

Helix is probably super shady but it seems like in the case of Todd what they were doing to him was a "necessary evil" because he couldn't control his powers. Now, granted, maybe they incited him to that point but they might also be adding some moral ambiguity to Helix here.

So Obsidian is a straight-up rampaging shadow monster? I wonder if Todd, once he's more in control of himself, can form something closer to his comic look.

I was not expecting to return to the Shadowlands with Pat and Shade, but dang it if they won't make quite the dynamic duo as they try to survive together.

-- Happy to see The Shade in his hat and old-timey clothes. I get not having him wear that all the time, so it's great to see him revisit his classic look here.
    -- Aside from Beth, the rest of them were just supposed to walk around in the dark with flashlights looking for tiny cameras? I wish maybe we saw that Beth had mapped them all out for everyone ahead of time, since they had no idea how long the power was going to be out - they didn't really seem like they had a sense of urgency. Odd choice.
    -- I like that they gave Mr Bones translucent skin. Sometimes in the comics it seems like he's depicted as a living skeleton rather than a man with invisible skin and muscles.
    -- We've had two Zeek scenes now where he spouts his odd stories to Jakeem and/or Mike in that "cryptic elder/Yoda" kinda way. I'm beginning to think that from the writers' pov, Zeek's there to be confusing and circumspect. If the kids had a straight-forward, logical adult for advice, they'd end up being too effective with the T-Bolt and solving everything too quickly.
    -- Speaking of, I have a theory that Zeek will develop the film from that camera he took and there'll be a picture there that will be a big clue as to who the murderer is, since they touched all those cameras. (honestly, the first thing I'd do is go to the camera store and see if maybe they had an old employee who was a big evil weirdo)