Page 94 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2791

I was all set to watch the series on my dvr, but the first episode was missing, so now I’m going to wait until I get the dvd set next month. Kind of annoying, really.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That final scene hurt a lot. I thought Henry was acting out of character, but I would much have preferred that Henry's consciousness would have awoken in Sr. and fought back. I guess there is a remote possibility he could be brought back -- somehow rescued by Dragon King and preserved in a coma, but seems unlikely. If so, what a waste of a good character and actor.
    Yeah, agreed.

I dislike that the one villain legacy that went full hero was killed so suddenly. One of DC's slide into crap was an odd insistence on those who were born to evil parents or started out as villains couldn't change (Cassandra Cain, Windfall and others). I hope we don't see that here

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    the fact that we have to come to that conclusion speaks of a rushed writing to come to a conclusion...they could have set this up with all the time she was sitting in jail.
    I don't think it would've come off as much of a surprise had they already built up to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Nice episode but stupid fighting as usual for most shows. Why didn't Brainwave just vaporize Wildcat - no need for the disguise? Courtney forgets she has an energy weapon to go H2H after the usual talk. Just open up at the get go. If John Wick or Ollie were there at the start of the fight, it would have been over rather quickly, except for Grundy.
    Courtney blasted the only person she wasn't able to beat hand-to-hand (Shiv). Ollie wouldn't have been able to take down the ISA alone even if this was willing to kill Ollie.
    Kind of dancing about governmental response. The Feds would have been all over that town unless they are corrupt and part of the 'conspiracy'.
    Pat referenced some kind of coverup/cleanup people, just not explicitly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Overall the whole episode felt like the stories were ending because they're ending, not an organic close or narratively compelling conclusion. They set up a lot of great stuff, so I thought we were in store for more than a simple superhero joint with a "might makes right" message.
    I thought it was more "good people make right" more than anything else...

Mighty Member

It seemed obvious to me that Brainwave was drained by his massive mind control efforts.

Astonishing Member

That makes sense, but he had enough power to effect an illusion in Yolanda's mind. And why even join the fight if you can't contribute. The writers had a nice idea and way of showing Henry Jr. one more time, but there are a lot of holes in that scene. I do think the ending was rushed -- probably could have been extended into 3 parts.

Mighty Member

That makes sense, but he had enough power to effect an illusion in Yolanda's mind. And why even join the fight if you can't contribute. The writers had a nice idea and way of showing Henry Jr. one more time, but there are a lot of holes in that scene. I do think the ending was rushed -- probably could have been extended into 3 parts.
    There is a difference between a simple illusion and what he did the last time he fought the JSA jr. I guess he was overconfident and arrogant and died because of it.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I liked all of the ending fights, except Solomon Grundy. He just got knocked out of the way and that's that?

And Mike hitting Icicle with the truck wasn't great. They made a point of telling him to take the drill, but the drill was never used. I wanted Mike to open STRIPE up and kick Pat out for some brother and sister tag team! But oh well, the ending of Pat and Court on the tower was heartwarming. I'll take it.

I still want Henry to return in Season 2. It's comics! There's a way, dammit! WE never saw a body. There's so much wasted potential without him.

One thing that really bugged me was that when Brainwave "froze" all of the adults, the cars stopped. How? There should have been many accidents and much bloodshed.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 08-12-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I liked all of the ending fights, except Solomon Grundy. He just got knocked out of the way and that's that?

And Mike hitting Icicle with the truck wasn't great. They made a point of telling him to take the drill, but the drill was never used. I wanted Mike to open STRIPE up and kick Pat out for some brother and sister tag team! But oh well, the ending of Pat and Court on the tower was heartwarming. I'll take it.

I still want Henry to return in Season 2. It's comics! There's a way, dammit! WE never saw a body. There's so much wasted potential without him.

One thing that really bugged me was that when Brainwave "froze" all of the adults, the cars stopped. How? There should have been many accidents and much bloodshed.
    I agree about the cars, Brain Wave could have said something like, "Stopping all cars."

My biggest annoyance, the pen. It was shown and the nothing was ever done with it. I know it could be coming next season, but too much foreshadowing there.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

What makes you think the illusion was "in her mind". Comic Brainwave's most used and easieast power is to cast his thoughts to make 3 d illusions. He is also capable of 3d constructs like a GL, and has actually fought the JSA with these.

I had assumed that because he couldnt just read Yolanda's mind to find out where the others were (or simply have TP sensed them like he did Courtney at the school open house) that he was still likited to interacting with only fully developed minds because of what was happeing in Dragon Kings machine. That's the obvious answer as to why he had to use the ruse to find out where the others were and to why he didnt sense Yolanda work out who he was and stop her attack before she struck

Essentially I think he would have still been able of fighting them with TK I don't think his power level had been limited but the device had changed how we interact with minds for a while and he was still experiencing a residual effect. In essence if he hadn't needed the rules to find out with the others were you probably would have just dropped with TK.
    Last edited by beatboks; 08-12-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I agree about the cars, Brain Wave could have said something like, "Stopping all cars."

My biggest annoyance, the pen. It was shown and the nothing was ever done with it. I know it could be coming next season, but too much foreshadowing there.
    The lantern as well. But there is only so much you can do in a 13-episode season, and we got a lot!

I loved it. Thought it was a great finale.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post

I had the same issue with regards the cars.

When it comes to the pen and Lantern however, it was made public knowledge in press releases ahead of the original planed airing date (which was a year prior to its actual release and originally planned to follow season 1 of Doom Patrol) that we were only getting gen 2 Hourman, Wildcat and Dr Midnite this season. I never expected any more than that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I had the same issue with regards the cars.

When it comes to the pen and Lantern however, it was made public knowledge in press releases ahead of the original planed airing date (which was a year prior to its actual release and originally planned to follow season 1 of Doom Patrol) that we were only getting gen 2 Hourman, Wildcat and Dr Midnite this season. I never expected any more than that.
    I didn't expect to see any new heroes opposing the ISA, but i was still wondering if we might get some stuff in the epilogues. The scene with Sylvester turning up had me first wondering if it might be Courtney's childhood friend as Jade (from the California caption) then maybe Obsidian (when it was a guy) before we saw Joel McHale's face. Now I'm wondering how Johns would have paid off easter eggs like the pen and lantern if CW hadn't renewed the show, since he did say they would all be paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I didn't expect to see any new heroes opposing the ISA, but i was still wondering if we might get some stuff in the epilogues. The scene with Sylvester turning up had me first wondering if it might be Courtney's childhood friend as Jade (from the California caption) then maybe Obsidian (when it was a guy) before we saw Joel McHale's face. Now I'm wondering how Johns would have paid off easter eggs like the pen and lantern if CW hadn't renewed the show, since he did say they would all be paid off.
    Johns didnt say they would all be paid off, he said it was "his hope" that he would be able to in more seasons

Johns said. "People want to say, 'Oh look, an Easter egg of the pink pen or the green lantern' but those aren't Easter eggs. Those are pathways to new stories. And what those stories are, my hope is we get to continue to tell these stories with more seasons of the show.
    That quote is straight from his interview with comicbook.com

That was quite the finale! Great wrap-around with Courtney telling Pat she's his daughter in the beginning and with the mug at the end. And sandwiched between that was a whole lot of action. For a television show, it was really impressive. We got a Challenge of the Superfriends-type hero team vs. villain team clash and STRIPE vs. Grundy was like Hulkbuster Iron Man vs. Hulk which, again for TV, looked pretty good.

We removed a lot of players from the board. I figured Dragon King had to go, and even if Justin couldn't slay the dragon, Shiv could, which makes her a bigger threat next time around. I was shocked Wildcat killed Brainwave like that, but I guess that's what they were going for, and it sets up a new arc for Yolanda. I hated how that is in the same episode where Mike kills Icicle and makes a joke. If he doesn't feel at least some guilt like Yolanda will, he's going to look like a sociopath. I expected more from Jordan, actually. They tried to make him sympathetic with his speech to appeal to Barbara, but then all of a sudden it's like "You know what? Screw you and your daughter". I also hoped Pat would spend some time fighting him before Stargirl came in for the rescue.

Not sure when we'll see Grundy again, but I'm hoping for more screentime for the villains' children, namely Fiddler Jr, Cameron, and Artemis. I also hope Beth stays out of costume. She didn't need it this time around, and she stayed away from the action. She's still an important part of the show, but she's not really Dr. Mid-Nite. I guess we'll have to see if the kids are serious about being a proactive JSA or if they decide not to put on their costumes again until they're needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what the Gambler is going to do now. He's basically broke and has nothing left but his ire towards Beth and the JSA.
    Was Chuck able to successfully wipe out all the Gambler's accounts and donate everything? It seems like he was doing his best to recover some of his funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Pat, who is "they?" The Earth-2 equivalent of ARGUS? Did they take Sportsmaster and Tigress into custody?
    Supergirl's got a firm hold on the DEO, but it would make sense for this show to use a variation of Director Bones and the Department of Extranormal Operations.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    A living Sylvester Pemberton. Not sure what the deal with that is, except him and Shade might introduce more of the Starman heritage into the title. Maybe a trip to Opal City could be in the works.
    I'm kind of hoping Sylvester isn't alive. Could Joel McHale be playing either Jack or David Knight posing as Sylvester Pemberton?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm honestly surprised its taken this long for Eclipso to show up. Of all the major DCU villains, I'd think that he would require the least amount of effort to depict (elf ears and some make-up) and most gravitas (pissed off demon of vengeance).

Guess its a good thing Legends didn't get him first
    Wasn't Eclipso on an episode of Constantine? Man, my memories of that show have faded pretty fast.