Page 23 of 187 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So they had the Helment of Nabu, the pen to summon Johnny Thunder's Thunderbolt, and Alan Scott's Battery...are we going to be seeing Hector Hall, Jakeem Thunder, and Jade pop up in Courtney's new JSA?
    I know people have their favorites, but there have been a few different Fates. Jumping to the assumption that it would be Hector Hall and his odd cross-legacy career (Son of Hawkman, eventual Dr. Fate, fake Sandman somewhere in the middle there) seems a bit naive. If we do get a new Dr. Fate, it wouldn't surprise me if it were some variation of Khalid Nassour. But hey, as long as it isn't Jared Stevens with his face tattoo and dagger, it'll probably be okay.

I get Courtney's heart is in the right place (even if she seems way too focused on the idea that Starman is her dad) but grabbing all the JSA's gear and then giving it to random people to take on the ISA seems like a terrible idea on-paper. And we know her best idea for a new team is to give it to a bunch of teenagers. I'm all for teen heroes but are we really expecting the team that beat seasoned, veteran, professional heroes in their prime to be taken down by teenagers with only a few weeks (if they're lucky) experience with their powers? I mean, even Courtney lucked into beating Brainwave.
    A group of teenagers AND a middle-aged sidekick.

Superhero stories always have a few logical leaps in them, it's up to the individual to judge what's a leap too far. I just hope they give the other Junior JSAers/Infinitors a little bit of exploration and a chance to get inspired by their predecessors. If Courtney just gives them the costumes and they're like "Eh, okay." or more likely "No, I don't want this" and then after they win a fight "Eh, okay", then I'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I know people have their favorites, but there have been a few different Fates. Jumping to the assumption that it would be Hector Hall and his odd cross-legacy career (Son of Hawkman, eventual Dr. Fate, fake Sandman somewhere in the middle there) seems a bit naive. If we do get a new Dr. Fate, it wouldn't surprise me if it were some variation of Khalid Nassour. But hey, as long as it isn't Jared Stevens with his face tattoo and dagger, it'll probably be okay.
    I assumed it would be Hector since it would tie-in to The Hawks and also because Johns wrote Hector during his JSA run. It would also match with the obvious Infinity Inc. influences.
    A group of teenagers AND a middle-aged sidekick.

Superhero stories always have a few logical leaps in them, it's up to the individual to judge what's a leap too far. I just hope they give the other Junior JSAers/Infinitors a little bit of exploration and a chance to get inspired by their predecessors. If Courtney just gives them the costumes and they're like "Eh, okay." or more likely "No, I don't want this" and then after they win a fight "Eh, okay", then I'll be disappointed.
    Rick is probably the only one who has a concrete motivation to do it, especially if the ISA are the ones who killed his parents.

I mean, I'm not against them beating the ISA, but it really should not be a cakewalk for these kids.

Incredible Member

wouldn't those masks for adults wouldn't fit those kids at all , wouldn't it be way too loose

Why was Pat concerned about the kid looking at him? It's not like he could see his face.

I feel sorry for Barbara, having to work with a bunch of super villains. And the way Mike is sneaking around, I feel like he will find out about Pat and Courtney first and then everyone is going to have to keep that secret from her.

I'm a bit confused, where is the old JSA headquarters? It was great seeing it and the JSA's old stuff, though! Say, you think we'll get to see the Thunderbolt? That'd be so cool! I wasn't expecting Courtney to take Alan's lantern, I hope something comes of that. When it comes time to create a new Flash, it'd be funny if Courtney tried to replicate Jay's metahuman speed and Pat tells her she can't unless she has access to a particle accelerator.

It's probably not a smart idea for Courtney to go around recruiting teenagers with no experience, especially if she goes to Yolanda because she wants her to stick up for herself. Guess we'll find out next week.

They keep giving the Janitor more and more screentime. It's not as prominent, but it's clearly intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm assuming Wildcat is metahuman and that Hourman will use the Miraclo drug or app or whatever they are using these days. Mid-Nite, though -- I don't know. A nerdy, chubby girl is going to need a lot of training and some great gimmicks -- aside from a blackout bomb and goggles that allow her to see in darkness.
    A thought occurred to me about Beth becoming the new Mid-Nite. There's speculation about her somehow becoming blind first. What if Stargirl tries that light trick with the staff again to protect her secret but she's too close to Beth and that makes her blind with the side effect of allowing her to see in the dark? So then Courtney feels guilty about it and wants to make her into a hero.

Seeing the JSA headquarters with team's gear and tapestries up was pretty epic...although were the Hawks the only members of the team who didn't get one? Could Pat or Rex not find anything left of them to put up a monument for?
    I wonder what they did with all the Nth metal? Or the wings? Maybe they are saving them for another plot. I want my Thanagarians, CW!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why was Pat concerned about the kid looking at him? It's not like he could see his face.
    He probably wants to keep a low profile
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 06-04-2020 at 04:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    They keep giving the Janitor more and more screentime. It's not as prominent, but it's clearly intentional.
    All signs point to that being the Shining Knight. For one, it was in the Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. comics. But also, if you look closely the name tag on his jumpsuit says "Justin" on it and his cap has a picture of a flying horse on it. So, I imagine there's going to be some kind of story about Sylvester Pemberton's old team the Seven Soldiers of Victory. Probably framed as the team he belonged to when he was a "rookie" before moving up to the big leagues of the JSA.

I wonder if Hourman's hourglass is meant to contain power of some sort rather than be decorative. The old method of taking a pill to be super strong for one hour probably wouldn't sit well with modern sensibilities about showing a kid taking performance-enhancing drugs.

Interesting that the Thunderbolt's pen gave off a spark of energy (and even a laugh), but the GL battery looked stone cold dead.

Ultimate Member

I've just started watching so...quick question.

1) Have they confirmed if this is any particular era/time period? Because while I like the JSA, their whole thing is hardly modern.

2) Have they discussed anything about other heroes? Courtney seems to act like they can just throw the villains in jail, but it seems naive to think a jail could hold them without help

Astonishing Member

Looks like a contemporary setting. No other heroes have been mentioned, but that's not to say they don't exist.

As much as I thought the only interesting successor to Kent Nelson was Hector Hall, I kinda doubt we'll see Hec and Lyta, unfortunately. But Jade and Obsidian seem likely -- maybe in season 2.

I hadn't forgotten Icicle 2, but did forget that he debuted in Infinity Inc. I don't think the original Icicle ever developed meta abilities -- always used a gun, but junior was meta human.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Pretty shocked that they killed off the Wizard and his son. Given that his widow seemed to have some kind of feelings for Pat when they first met at the open house, I'm guessing that connection will develop into something more. Especially if she realizes he's trying to take down the guy who killed her son and husband. Meanwhile, I think Pat's secretive superhero lifestyle will push Barbara closer to Icicle, as there's clearly some kind of spark there.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    wouldn't those masks for adults wouldn't fit those kids at all , wouldn't it be way too loose
    If the promo for the next episode is any indication, Wildcat's suit re-forms to match Yolanda's physique (why Ted Grant of all people would be wearing a nano-fiber materializing costume is anyone's guess).
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I feel sorry for Barbara, having to work with a bunch of super villains. And the way Mike is sneaking around, I feel like he will find out about Pat and Courtney first and then everyone is going to have to keep that secret from her.
    Maybe they'll need to start using the headquarters so Courtney doesn't have to bring her costume home.
    I'm a bit confused, where is the old JSA headquarters? It was great seeing it and the JSA's old stuff, though! Say, you think we'll get to see the Thunderbolt? That'd be so cool! I wasn't expecting Courtney to take Alan's lantern, I hope something comes of that. When it comes time to create a new Flash, it'd be funny if Courtney tried to replicate Jay's metahuman speed and Pat tells her she can't unless she has access to a particle accelerator.
    I'm wondering if they might just use The Thunderbolt as a last ditch effort to stop the ISA when they can't overpower them in fight.

It'd be kind of funny if Courtney wants to create a new Flash and Pat lists all the different, kooky, way the Flashes got their powers .
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    All signs point to that being the Shining Knight. For one, it was in the Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. comics. But also, if you look closely the name tag on his jumpsuit says "Justin" on it and his cap has a picture of a flying horse on it. So, I imagine there's going to be some kind of story about Sylvester Pemberton's old team the Seven Soldiers of Victory. Probably framed as the team he belonged to when he was a "rookie" before moving up to the big leagues of the JSA.
    And it might just be me, but doe his beard look fake to anybody else? Like there's going to be a moment where he takes it off.
    A thought occurred to me about Beth becoming the new Mid-Nite. There's speculation about her somehow becoming blind first. What if Stargirl tries that light trick with the staff again to protect her secret but she's too close to Beth and that makes her blind with the side effect of allowing her to see in the dark? So then Courtney feels guilty about it and wants to make her into a hero.
    That would be a pretty dark origin for the new Dr. Mid-Nite.
    I wonder what they did with all the Nth metal? Or the wings? Maybe they are saving them for another plot. I want my Thanagarians, CW!
    I think I'd trust the Hawks and Thanagar on this show more then I would Legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He probably wants to keep a low profile
    Yeah, I don't think Pat wants anybody more then the ISA knowing they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder if Hourman's hourglass is meant to contain power of some sort rather than be decorative. The old method of taking a pill to be super strong for one hour probably wouldn't sit well with modern sensibilities about showing a kid taking performance-enhancing drugs.

Interesting that the Thunderbolt's pen gave off a spark of energy (and even a laugh), but the GL battery looked stone cold dead.
    I am kind of curious how they plan on adapting Miraclo and it's addictive properties.

I don't know the intricacies of Alan's Lantern but I don't think it worked like the normal GL Lantern's.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    1) Have they confirmed if this is any particular era/time period? Because while I like the JSA, their whole thing is hardly modern.
    They established the JSA has been active for decades, probably to leave it ambiguous as to how long they've been around.

Mike has a Nintendo Switch so the present-day seems relatively modern, and people have smartphones.
    2) Have they discussed anything about other heroes? Courtney seems to act like they can just throw the villains in jail, but it seems naive to think a jail could hold them without help
    I think she's working under the assumption that they can defeat and expose them and then lock them up with the help of the proper authorities. Brainwave apparently had a criminal record, so maybe law enforcement outside Blue Valley could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I hadn't forgotten Icicle 2, but did forget that he debuted in Infinity Inc. I don't think the original Icicle ever developed meta abilities -- always used a gun, but junior was meta human.
    Yeah, they've given the dad his son's abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Pretty shocked that they killed off the Wizard and his son. Given that his widow seemed to have some kind of feelings for Pat when they first met at the open house, I'm guessing that connection will develop into something more. Especially if she realizes he's trying to take down the guy who killed her son and husband. Meanwhile, I think Pat's secretive superhero lifestyle will push Barbara closer to Icicle, as there's clearly some kind of spark there.
    Either that or Jordan suspects Barbara is connected to Stargirl.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Either that or Jordan suspects Barbara is connected to Stargirl.
    I didn't get that vibe at all. I think he's genuinely attracted to her, and Barbara saying she couldn't come to the meeting because she had a family dinner appealed to him. He is, in his own mind at least, a family values kind of guy--a widower trying to make the world a better place for his son, and with parents who clean up his murders.

I do think eventually he'll make the connection, but by then he'll be conflicted.

Astonishing Member

I'm still wondering how Fate and the Thunderbolt were taken out. Seems to be have been a pretty easy fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I'm still wondering how Fate and the Thunderbolt were taken out. Seems to be have been a pretty easy fight.
    We only saw the tail-end of the fight. Wizard seems like he might have given them trouble, and there was Shade too (he took out Mid-Nite).