Page 62 of 187 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why can't they continue with the current arraignment?
    Because they don't expect DC Universe to be here in this form by the time Season 2 is planned on coming out.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    When did the Harley move get announced?!

Yeah I don't think that CW will keep the entire cast as they will try to expand the episodes per season which would no doubt make it the most expensive show on the network. Definitely see a pay cut coming for many of the actors or they just outright leave.
    That's one of the things I'm worried about with this move. The biggest problem will be the budget, and I don't want the cast to have to leave. I mean, how many can they lose? The ISA guys, I don't expect to last outside of season 1 with the plot, but what about the JSA cast? And they were going to keep adding JSA members, too. I wanted to see Jessie Quick or Jade or a new Sandman or the new Johnny Thunder. Maybe even Doctor Fate. But these budget problems could really screw all of that up.

I knew this DC streaming service was a bad idea. It was just too small and niche to really survive, and now, it's being usurped by HBO Max. *sigh* At this point, I honestly wonder if I should stop watching Stargirl to save myself from the potential disappointment of the second season.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    When did the Harley move get announced?!

Yeah I don't think that CW will keep the entire cast as they will try to expand the episodes per season which would no doubt make it the most expensive show on the network. Definitely see a pay cut coming for many of the actors or they just outright leave.
    https://collider.com/harley-quinn-hbo-max-dc-universe/

Why can't they continue with the current arraignment?
    My guess is that CW wants the rest of those viewers I've seen on a few surveys on three or four forums that about 32 to 40% of the audience is currently watching it on DC Universe at least is 32 to 40% that fill in the survey. since CW is getting a 1.1 to 1.2 million viewership that means they're missing another 350,000- 400,000 viewers who are seeing the show early on DCU. 1.45 to 1.6 million viewership would make the show their biggest ratings show they'd have by far
    Last edited by beatboks; 07-06-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    My guess is that CW wants the rest of those viewers I've seen on a few surveys on three or four forums that about 32 to 40% of the audience is currently watching it on DC Universe at least is 32 to 40% that fill in the survey. since CW is getting a 1.1 to 1.2 million viewership that means they're missing another 350,000- 400,000 viewers who are seeing the show early on DCU. 1.45 to 1.6 million viewership would make the show their biggest ratings show they'd have by far
    If it becomes a CW quality show those ratings will drop.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    If it becomes a CW quality show those ratings will drop.
    I've been happy with some CW shows. Flash was good, Legends, Arrow tanked, Black Lightning... it never really connected with me, but that's me. Supergirl was fine, but not great. Batwoman was "meh", but their plans for fixing the casting situation are stupid in the extreme.

But honestly, if the show's quality is going to tank from a more than likely large budget cut, if the cast may be shrunk because of that (and they don't really have any real characters to lose, beyond the ones that I think will go with S1 via the plot), if the budget changes and cast reduction are going to damage the writing (like not fulfilling the many Easter Eggs, Geoff Johns said all Easter Eggs would be fulfilled, filling in JSA members we'd hoped for, or giving them poor effects), then I say, what's the point of being emotionally invested in this show anymore? Sure, season 1 is fantastic, but the knowledge that there's a high probability of it tanking in the next (I mean, how often do you really KNOW that's very likely to happen?) just sours it all. At least it does for me.

Until I know the second season isn't a mess, I'm out. I was really, really loving it, but I'm out.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TricksterFox View Post
    I've been happy with some CW shows. Flash was good, Legends, Arrow tanked, Black Lightning... it never really connected with me, but that's me. Supergirl was fine, but not great. Batwoman was "meh", but their plans for fixing the casting situation are stupid in the extreme.

But honestly, if the show's quality is going to tank from a more than likely large budget cut, if the cast may be shrunk because of that (and they don't really have any real characters to lose, beyond the ones that I think will go with S1 via the plot), if the budget changes and cast reduction are going to damage the writing (like not fulfilling the many Easter Eggs, Geoff Johns said all Easter Eggs would be fulfilled, filling in JSA members we'd hoped for, or giving them poor effects), then I say, what's the point of being emotionally invested in this show anymore? Sure, season 1 is fantastic, but the knowledge that there's a high probability of it tanking in the next (I mean, how often do you really KNOW that's very likely to happen?) just sours it all. At least it does for me.

Until I know the second season isn't a mess, I'm out. I was really, really loving it, but I'm out.
    I hope this season wraps up in a somewhat satisfying way that can be a clean break and act as an 'end'.

The CW is a death kneel for a show of this quality.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TricksterFox View Post

I will continue watching. My hope is that season one can wrap up all of its plot threads and not be left hanging for season 2.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hope this season wraps up in a somewhat satisfying way that can be a clean break and act as an 'end'.

The CW is a death kneel for a show of this quality.
    I don't think any ending could make me watch the rest of the first season if the second ends up being a mess, to be honest...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Oh if its pulling in a 1.1 - 1.2 consistently now then its already close to topping the Flash, which is currently the highest rated show. The best hope is that they keep it as a summer series so they can keep it at 13 episodes which would keep the quality.

I mean, is it a guarantee that just being on the CW is going to drastically change the budget and the production?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, is it a guarantee that just being on the CW is going to drastically change the budget and the production?
    How much of a change would it really be, all things considered? Not like we see the armor in action much

How much of a change would it really be, all things considered? Not like we see the armor in action much
    Some of the FX and choreagraphy feels different from the Arrowverse (at least to me). I don't know if Icicle would look as good if this was The Flash or Supergirl.

If anything they might just handle it like Black Lightning instead of just cutting the budget and move it to Vancouver.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn’t it do so for Supergirl?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Didn’t it do so for Supergirl?
    Whew Supergirl is night and day compared to where it was on cbs.