Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1643
  1. #1576
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I wonder if we are going to have commercial break cliffhangers in the middle of every episode now that Stargirl is on the CW.

  2. #1577
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standish View Post
    I wonder if we are going to have commercial break cliffhangers in the middle of every episode now that Stargirl is on the CW.
    Since most of what is said about the CW around here is knee-jerk hyperbole, probably not.

    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  3. #1578
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Have we gotten word on the episode count?

    I have mostly high hopes about this season. Having it wholly on the CW gives me some pause, but the first season outside of a few hiccups was phenomenal so I am eagerly waiting for this new season to kick off and the story to keep going.

    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/TaurianFilms

  4. #1579
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Have we gotten word on the episode count?

    I have mostly high hopes about this season. Having it wholly on the CW gives me some pause, but the first season outside of a few hiccups was phenomenal so I am eagerly waiting for this new season to kick off and the story to keep going.

    I assume the episode count is the same.

  5. #1580
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume the episode count is the same.
    Really hoping it is so as to not have to stretch the fx budget out to cover those added episodes.

    Tho, unless i am misremembering I recall reading that the first season budget of a lot of shows that use repetitive CG is high because they are building the models and such but its not as much in subsequent seasons because all the heavy lifting/creating is already done.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/TaurianFilms

  6. #1581
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,867

    Default

    Um guys.................that has to be Jack freaking Knight!!!!!!!!

    E3PZAW8VcAIvwc6.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, & Doctor Strange.

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, & The Flash.

  7. #1582
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,695

    Default

    Battle for the Cosmic Staff?

  8. #1583
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,986

    Default

    If it's not Jack Knight it'll be curious to find out whom it really is. Gotta be Jack!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  9. #1584
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Battle for the Cosmic Staff?
    I could see it as Courtney going to learn more about the staff from Ted Knight and finding Jack instead.

  10. #1585
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Um guys.................that has to be Jack freaking Knight!!!!!!!!

    E3PZAW8VcAIvwc6.jpg
    So, if it is Jack Knight, do you think they'll include his and by extension Opal City's most frequently unacknowledged superpower: the ability to make other characters become oddly geeky about collectibles and popular culture. It was one of the most odd yet entertaining things in James Robinson's Starman. Copperhead shows up in town, suddenly we find out he collects transistor radios. He gets Batman, Alan Scott and Floronic Man to talk about what their favorite Woody Allen movies are. The gangsters (and occasionally cops) would debate what the best Sondheim musical is.

    I mean, I know it was probably just James Robinson trying to write a character that was kind of like himself, but it would be funny if that was some kind of passive psychic effect that Jack had.

  11. #1586
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    So, if it is Jack Knight, do you think they'll include his and by extension Opal City's most frequently unacknowledged superpower: the ability to make other characters become oddly geeky about collectibles and popular culture. It was one of the most odd yet entertaining things in James Robinson's Starman. Copperhead shows up in town, suddenly we find out he collects transistor radios. He gets Batman, Alan Scott and Floronic Man to talk about what their favorite Woody Allen movies are. The gangsters (and occasionally cops) would debate what the best Sondheim musical is.

    I mean, I know it was probably just James Robinson trying to write a character that was kind of like himself, but it would be funny if that was some kind of passive psychic effect that Jack had.
    Robinson is involved with the show so...I wouldn't rule it out.

  12. #1587

  13. #1588
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,695

    Default

    Did something happen with Alan and the JSA?

  14. #1589
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    I’m sorry I’m so late to the conversation but what stargirl did was wrong.
    They didn’t need to stop ISA, I’m so confused why the writer had to make ISA the “good guys” in the end.

  15. #1590
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Iím sorry, I couldnít get past the teen angst stuff. Iím a long way from my teenage years and have no desire to revisit it. Iím having the same problem with Superman and Lois.
    I didnít really see that as teen angst as much as character building. If sheís all goody and superheroy from day one then thereís no way to grow from there. Having said that, the first few episodes did bother me about how immature she was but at the end of the season, the reward was so much better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •