Page 110 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2791
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's almost watchmen-esque except that Moore created a situation where there was no other way. Here, your dealing with a group that kills each other and each other's children, some of whom really don't care about the final goal, except for Icicle and Brainwave, who seem to be the driving force.

And you are certainly correct that global warming and lack of adequate healthcare is going to kill that many or lower the quality of life anyway. But that's just too much a case of stopping the disease by killing everyone who has it. It's not like their plan was the only solution but just an instant one with horrible results immediately.
    Plus, wasn't the plan to conquer the rest of the country with the population they mindwiped? Can't see that being bloodless

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Plus, wasn't the plan to conquer the rest of the country with the population they mindwiped? Can't see that being bloodless
    The dialogue between Brainwave and Icicle sounded more like their victims would defend the ISA's new regime when the US - inevitably - tried to counter-conquer it. However, yeah, I don't see the ISA as being able to resist grabbing more after securing the heartland.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't mind Beth, but I will say it would not hurt to update her costume some. The classic look just doesn't work well in live action. Wildcat looks good and Hourman looks good for the most part, but the Doctor Midnight suit just doesn't.
    I think it's more that it doesn't look good on Beth. It looked good on the actor who played the original although we only caught glimpses.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

Man, that's the whole point. That's why I relate to Beth. Unlike the others she doesn't put on a costume and suddenly look like she's been working out all her life and the suit fits her like a glove. She's like your average fan cosplaying at a convention. Beth is awkward--she's never going to stand out in a crowd and that's what makes her so beautiful. She should never change--she's perfect just as she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Man, that's the whole point. That's why I relate to Beth. Unlike the others she doesn't put on a costume and suddenly look like she's been working out all her life and the suit fits her like a glove. She's like your average fan cosplaying at a convention. Beth is awkward--she's never going to stand out in a crowd and that's what makes her so beautiful. She should never change--she's perfect just as she is.
    That's a good point. She looks cute in the costume and specifically because she's not some perfect physical condition athlete/ super model but more like a normal, average person wearing a superhero costume. She needs to be the person, both with and without the AI, who analyzes, tells the others what's going on, what the weaknesses are and then says, "You go fight them".
    Power with Girl is better.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Beth as she currently is doesn't need to be a costume hero to do what she does. Unless she can get the smoke bombs and hooty she doesn't need a costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Beth as she currently is doesn't need to be a costume hero to do what she does. Unless she can get the smoke bombs and hooty she doesn't need a costume.
    I'd rather we not get yet another character whose only role in the show is doing stuff from a chair.

Although maybe Beth not being cut out for the field is when they bring Pieter Cross in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather we not get yet another character whose only role in the show is doing stuff from a chair.

Although maybe Beth not being cut out for the field is when they bring Pieter Cross in.
    I don't want her to be in that role neither. She needs something to make herself useful on the field.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Cannot. Wait.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

First Courtney learns to be a Superhero and now she needs to learn how to not be a Superhero .

Blue Valley isn't a place crawling with scum and villainy. It would be difficult to stay a superhero there.

Mighty Member

Will Grundy be back this season?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I would be surprised if he isn't .

I hope so.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Ultimate Member

Depends, what's the budget? :P