Page 56 of 187 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That never stopped Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Black Lightning.
    True. I'm not expecting a name change, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Yeah, every solo Arrowverse show is basically a team show. Stargirl was just quicker about it .

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I imagine the show will have to be renamed Stargirl & the JSA when her team expands.
    A part of me really thinks they've pushed too much JSA/ISA too quickly. It should have been a slow burn. Like, they shouldn't have even intro'd Wildcat until ep 10 (of 13), and only 1-2 of ISA.

But ah well, it's still fun.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    A part of me really thinks they've pushed too much JSA/ISA too quickly. It should have been a slow burn. Like, they shouldn't have even intro'd Wildcat until ep 10 (of 13), and only 1-2 of ISA.

But ah well, it's still fun.
    I agree, but as you said, it's still fun.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    I would call most of those victories by the ISA as PIS. How the hell can BrainWave beat the Spectre a being with god like power. Wizard would be no match against Fate in a match up. The Flash should be able to solo half of the ISA himself though I am not sure if the JSA Flash has the same power as the JLA Flash and can move, think and react at millions of times the speed of light. You add GL and the Thunderbolt who is a 5D imp also with Godlike power and the ISA should have been toast a long time ago.
    1. Spectre wasnt said to have the "power of god" in the GA. BW telepathically made Spec sense a danger elsewhere that needed his attention because he wasnt ready to face him in one story. In another he fought Soectre with his mental constructs. Comic Brainwave could create GL like constructs from his mind with sheer force of will. He did so from accross the country and planet. So for example in one story one of Brainwave's mental construct thugs had pulled a crime for him as Spec chased them they shot at an innocent. Spec tried to protect the innocent and then stopped to check on them. When he went after the consteuct is disolved after hiding the loot. In All Star Squadron 19 and 20 Brainwave was fighting the JSA with mental constructs of the entire Japanese military might AND a mental construct of the Spectre. He literally had his 3d mental construct of the Spectre grow giant size and crush Hawkman

Jay in the modern era was likited to sonic level speeds for quite some time. He had had a heart attack and couldnt push his speed too high without risking another. His power allows him the same power level as Barry erc his age and health doesnt.

Johnny Thunder was an idiot 80% + of JSA stories showed him not even remembering/knowing what his magic word to summon the Thunderbolt was. He usually only did so by sheer dumb luck only, and was suprised when the Thunderbolt finally appeared. For most of JSA stories he is as effective and dangerous as Snapper Carr in the JLA

Wizard wasnt far behind Fate in power in most of their stories at all, however Shade is quite a hit above Fate and always was.

The fiddler was a plot device character. That magic fiddle of his could do almost anything and was every bit as powerful as Thunderbolt etc.

Grundy is an elemental that absorbs energy and is particularly partial to magic energy. The reasonnhe was stomping Fate+ Alan + Hourman is because he had absorbed so much of their magic energy (as well as radiation in his swamp) he had developed other powers like moving things will

Most other times it only amped his strength etc. Its literally the reason he's so inconsistent in power level
    Last edited by beatboks; 07-01-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Mighty Member

The Shade above Dr Fate and the Wizard close? That is crazy talk. Fate was a step below the full powered Spectre. Take that to the Rumbles board and see what happens.

Tp making the spectre go off to face some unknown threat

TP overcoming them all one by one without having even gotten near them for them to fight back. Then hoockong them up to one of his many different brain drain inventions that drain their mental energy and feed and amp his

Another example of his brain drain device. This was the time he had the Spectre and Japanese military fight them

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    The Shade above Dr Fate and the Wizard close? That is crazy talk. Fate was a step below the full powered Spectre. Take that to the Rumbles board and see what happens.
    Since Fate himself says that the Shade would be a problem for even the Spectre

https://m.imgur.com/a/Ru5QaEX

That wouldnt be very difficult.

Added to which Obsidian soloed Hector Fate+ Hourman 1 million+ the rest of the JSA and he cant match Shade in 2 separate stories

Not to mention the fact that he was able to restrain the Spectre with Jade

https://m.imgur.com/a/of6WqTY

Who BTW is considerably above Fate not just a notch or 2
    Last edited by beatboks; 07-01-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Mighty Member

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ht=fate+versus

Just look at some of the stuff they talk about just on page 1 of this thread. What has the Shade ever done to compare to those feats?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ht=fate+versus

Just look at some of the stuff they talk about just on page 1 of this thread. What has the Shade ever done to compare to those feats?
    Shade actually restrained a full powered spectre and has defeated entities on the smae level of those Fate has but in their own realm. Fate has lost every batlle against Spectre except one. That one was with the aid of Etrigan, Phantom Stranger, and Zatanna. That one was also against a hostless spectre that eas greatly weaker. In that same story Eclipso casually dealt with Spectre (previuos issue) when Corrigan was again linked with Spec he one shotted that same Eclipso.

Shade has also time manipulated, casually taken down hell lords in hell.

Feats wise he has much to match dr Fate (who btw I'm a fan boy off and have all but 5 of his golden age appearances)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Shade actually restrained a full powered spectre and has defeated entities on the smae level of those Fate has but in their own realm. Fate has lost every batlle against Spectre except one. That one was with the aid of Etrigan, Phantom Stranger, and Zatanna. That one was also against a hostless spectre that eas greatly weaker. In that same story Eclipso casually dealt with Spectre (previuos issue) when Corrigan was again linked with Spec he one shotted that same Eclipso.

Shade has also time manipulated, casually taken down hell lords in hell.

Feats wise he has much to match dr Fate (who btw I'm a fan boy off and have all but 5 of his golden age appearances)
    Sounds like a post silver age prop of a character. That doesn’t change Shade being small time for his first 50 years or so. Therefore your claim of him always being above Dr Fate is incorrect.

Sounds like a post silver age prop of a character. That doesn’t change Shade being small time for his first 50 years or so. Therefore your claim of him always being above Dr Fate is incorrect.
    1. Where did I say always?
    2. Dr Fate and Spectre are also only ubber powered post Silver Age. They got the same prop. For most of Fate's first 20 years he was a weaker version of Superman (sort of like the original SM level) with a little magic and TP who was overcome by smoke and gas every issue (simce his weakness was his lungs)

In the GA both Fate and Spectre fought and had problems with normal everyday criminals. I can scan dump for days to show this. So on this basis the first 50 years for both equally brings them down

I love how we apply one standard for the villains and a different one for the heroes

This is Obsidian in the early 90s casually making Hector Dr Fate his pawn along with others. Shade has the exact same power to a higher degree.

Ultimate Member

2. Dr Fate and Spectre are also only ubber powered post Silver Age. They got the same prop. For most of Fate's first 20 years he was a weaker version of Superman (sort of like the original SM level) with a little magic and TP who was overcome by smoke and gas every issue (simce his weakness was his lungs)

In the GA both Fate and Spectre fought and had problems with normal everyday criminals. I can scan dump for days to show this. So on this basis the first 50 years for both equally brings them down

I love how we apply one standard for the villains and a different one for the heroes

This is Obsidian in the early 90s casually making Hector Dr Fate his pawn along with others. Shade has the exact same power to a higher degree.
    Minor point. Shade and Obsidian share the same power source, but Todd's power is far greater than Shade's.

Mighty Member

Sigh Fate was disintegrating stuff in early appearances. The Shade was low powered until Robinson took a liking to him in the post crisis era. So for the first 40 years or so Fate was vastly more powerful. The Shade May be more powerful for one period of DC continuity but that doesn’t change the past. Again I say start a thread on rumbles for the most powerful versions I don’t have a scanner anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Justin became amnesiac after he became time displaced with the seven soldiers after fighting Dragon King's Nebula Man. He rescued by the JSA.
    Justin is reminding me of Robin Williams's character from "The Fisher King" but more amnesiac than delusional.