Page 25 of 187 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i find it silly that the justice society headquarters just so happned to be in blue valley and all the injustice society members retired there as normal parents raising their family.
    I'm pretty sure the JSA headquarters is back in Courtney's hometown of Los Angeles. Between both the staff and S.T.R.I.P.E., both her and Pat have the means to fly there and back.

i find it silly that the justice society headquarters just so happned to be in blue valley and all the injustice society members retired there as normal parents raising their family.
    Nothing stated that the JSA headquarters was in Blue Valley. They did have to fly to it which could have been a decent length trip.

Have some of you forgotten that you are watching a fictional TV show about superheroes? My lord, the insane nit picking is mind numbing.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd have an easier time buying that if STRIPE didn't exist. Pat obviously had some plan for dealing with the ISA, even if it wasn't fully formed yet. Having back-up in training (but not acting as heroes) makes more sense than leaving them at the JSA HQ as props. Heck if they are so easy to use that Courtney can give them to her friends and they become heroes, Pat could have used them himself.

And considering the fact Courtney just walked in and took the totems, what prevented anyone else doing the same thing? In fact I'm not really sure how Pat got the totems since the ISA seem bright enough not to leave them behind after defeating the team. We saw Pat escape with the staff but nothing else. Did he go back after the battle to find that the ISA had left their opponents equipment for him to take (and didn't think to watch for him to return)?
    Rex was probably the one who refurbished the headquarters and put up the tributes to the fallen members. If it's like in the comics, he was pretty well off.

And, again, I think Pat probably was committed to fighting the ISA when Rex was still alive and they were looking for them, which is when he built STRIPE, but gave up when Rex died. Pat was never even an official JSA member, so what chance did he have with Hourman gone?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And, again, I think Pat probably was committed to fighting the ISA when Rex was still alive and they were looking for them, which is when he built STRIPE, but gave up when Rex died. Pat was never even an official JSA member, so what chance did he have with Hourman gone?
    It would be like Snapper Carr trying to hunt down the people who killed the JLA.

Courtney's an impulsive teenager. I'd like to think the plot will address this like they're likely to address the fact that she's only doing this because she thinks (mistakenly) Starman is her dad.

Well, Rick is literally Hourman's son. It doesn't get more connected then that. Beth doesn't seem to have any business getting involved in this fight though.
    Makes me wonder if something terrible is going to happen to one or more of her parents...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Makes me wonder if something terrible is going to happen to one or more of her parents...
    Well, I hope her dad isn't caught in the crossfire between Barbara and Gambler...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Rex was probably the one who refurbished the headquarters and put up the tributes to the fallen members. If it's like in the comics, he was pretty well off.

He's not supposed to be fighting anybody really. He's supposed to be distributing those super-powered artifacts to new owners instead of letting them sit there collecting dust while he wallows in stupidity.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Because he had no reason to. The Injustice Society were gone as far as he was aware and he was so traumatized by the deaths of all his friends he understandably didn't want to put anyone else through that.
    He had every reason to be looking for new wielders, because the Injustice Society were not gone. He just failed to locate them. It might be understandable to be scared of giving them to new people, but battlefield desertion is also understandable. Sickening, but understandable.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    He's not supposed to be fighting anybody really. He's supposed to be distributing those super-powered artifacts to new owners instead of letting them sit there collecting dust while he wallows in stupidity.
    He had every reason to be looking for new wielders, because the Injustice Society were not gone. He just failed to locate them. It might be understandable to be scared of giving them to new people, but battlefield desertion is also understandable. Sickening, but understandable.
    Well, if you look at Pat's take on it he doesn't think anyone could replace the JSA, at least not to the extent that they'd be able to take on the Injustice Society. That might be a little bit of the fanboy in him but he also might not have had any believable options to replace them at the time.

He probably has no idea Rex had a kid.

Who gave him the authority let alone the duty to choose the ISA's next victims?

Astonishing Member

Looks like TV's Wildcat II will be much closer to Marvel's Hellcat than DC's Wildcat II. Patsy Walker found an outfit that was believed to have been worn by the Cat (truth is it was most likely one of the duplicate outfits shown in Claws of the Cat #1). So Patsy, with some acrobatic talent -- mostly from cheerleading -- wears an outfit that bestows enhanced acrobatic skill, night vision and claws (feet and hands). Instant super-hero.

So on Stargirl, Yolanda will also inherit a hand-me-down outfit that will enhance her abilities? It's doubtful she's an acrobat -- because that's Courtney's schtick. But maybe she will have some box or martial arts training.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, it makes no sense that a group of superheroes would have a headquarters in some midwestern small town. In comics, it was either in Manhattan or Gotham City -- which are basically the same city.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Looks like TV's Wildcat II will be much closer to Marvel's Hellcat than DC's Wildcat II. Patsy Walker found an outfit that was believed to have been worn by the Cat (truth is it was most likely one of the duplicate outfits shown in Claws of the Cat #1). So Patsy, with some acrobatic talent -- mostly from cheerleading -- wears an outfit that bestows enhanced acrobatic skill, night vision and claws (feet and hands). Instant super-hero.

So on Stargirl, Yolanda will also inherit a hand-me-down outfit that will enhance her abilities? It's doubtful she's an acrobat -- because that's Courtney's schtick. But maybe she will have some box or martial arts training.
    It seems pretty clear that she knows some boxing:

I kind of miss the days when someone's regular abilities that they've picked up could make them fairly efficient as a superhero. Like Jubilee learning gymnastics at Beverly Hills Prep. Or Tim Drake's computer skills making him a world-class mystery solver. Not quite as normal, but even Green Arrow's old deserted island schtick and teaching himself to use a bow and arrow. Now, it's always like "Trained by a secret society of world-class assassins". It's just so comic book extra. Not everyone needs to be trained by assassins.

It was made pretty clear that he didnt beleive the cosmic staff worked for anyone other than Starman. Why would the other artifacts be any different. Lets not forget that the Lantern chose Alan Scot (in the comics) it was literly passed around for centuries without bestowing power.

Added to which we dont know if the other JSAers are artifact powered or not. My guess is we'll find out not otherwise why have Rick Tyler become the new Hourman, the heridatary link isnt required (after all in the comics Miraclo was altered by Rex to only work on the Tyler DNA.

For those saying JSA HQ was in Blue Valley. If it was Hourman wouldnt havr had to track the ISA to Blue Valley and Pat wouldnt have had to go there to check it out as that is where they both would have been