Page 181 of 187 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2791

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I think so. It definitely feels like we're building toward Stargirl realizing she's got to take the staff from Sly, and can't share her responsibility for it.
    Which would be a pointless storyline since she never even had a problem with embracing the mantle until he showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Which would be a pointless storyline since she never even had a problem with embracing the mantle until he showed up.
    I think it was less that she had an issue with the mantle so much as she was more concerned with her Superhero life than her civilian life so she went too far the opposite way this season.

This season is certainly living up to its name. Cindy is the obvious frenemy in addition to the Crocks, but now it seems like even Jordan Mahkent is trying to pull off the idea of an alliance with enemies.

I said I wanted Artemis to have more screen time, but man, you could really feel her pain.

I think so. It definitely feels like we're building toward Stargirl realizing she's got to take the staff from Sly, and can't share her responsibility for it.
    As much as I love the quips and the banter between Sylvester and Pat, it is certainly time for Sylvester to go. I'm expecting that move he taught Courtney earlier to make a return.

Boisterously Confused

One of the things I'll most miss about this show is what they did with Icicle. They made him way more than than a Captain Cold prototype, and I'd love a deep dive into the family's history, and their connection to Norse mythology

One of the things I'll most miss about this show is what they did with Icicle. They made him way more than than a Captain Cold prototype, and I'd love a deep dive into the family's history, and their connection to Norse mythology
    I think this show has definitely bumped up the entire ISA and characters like Eclipso.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Only two episodes to go now.

One of the threads I hoped for, over a 6/7 year run, was perhaps seeing other Starmen. Especially given Robinsons heavy involvement.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Okay.

That was a God damn gut punch

Mighty Member

Awesome twist involving Ultra-Humanite.

With the show ending, did they just kill spoilers:
    Pat
    end of spoilers?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Dolores Winters! It was fun to actually get to see Dolores and the Ultra-Humanite playing her, and seeing how well into the role he got really helped cement the impact of the twist when it happened.

Poor guy did fall for what was the real "Dolores" behind the mask...it just so happened to be a killer Supervillain.

Oh hey, Ito when he was 95% human! Now in actual motion! That was neat.

I'm glad Barbara's not taking any of this #@%$ about an alliance with Jordan. They need to take him down.

Oof. Ricks' body catching up with all the damage from overdosing on the hourglass was rough.

So the grandparents are taking Cameron to a vigil for the teacher they murdered and hid the body...and then Jordan blamed the Ultra-Humanite...yeah, this family is terrible.

Thunderbolt is a solid wingman, even if the Young All-Stars keep stumbling over each other in a game of one-upmanship over Cindy. But for once Jakeem's spur of the moment wish actually works! Albeit get them in even more danger.

Even if it was all acting (then again maybe he'd gone native on this point), Sylvester dissuading Artemis from rushing into ending her life before she could fulfill the dream her parents had for her and telling the girls to make sure the JSA lives on even for the members who didn't have direct legacies was pretty powerful. All the same, it's kind of funny they acted like Jay didn't have a descendant when Geoff Johns just introduced a daughter for him, Judy Garrick.

Sylvester reading Pat and Courtney the riot act was phenomenal acting. First you might actually believe he meant it, then you think he intentionally did it so they would all hate him when he heads off on his suicidal charge against Icicle, and then it turns out the acting went even deeper than that. Simply amazing. My hats off to the Ultra-Humanite.

Stripesy! With a flamethrower! I love how he put the shirt back on to go help Starman like it was the old days again. I love that he still had the shirt.

I honestly thought we were totally done with all the surprise reveals of this season, but no...this show had not even begun with the reveals. Like Dragon King pulling an Ultra-Humanite with the Ultra-Humanite's body, Sylvester having been the actual Ultra-Humanite the whole time, and Jordan being at the center of a giant plot between the three of them. Jeez. So the murderer (or one of the main conspirators) really was hiding in plain sight and was one of the characters we saw from day one...like I had really believed that was Sylvester at this point despite my initial suspicions early in the season, yet finding out those were validated still hit like a truck, especially with the reveal scene.

And, like, people have probably had mixed feelings about Sylvester this season, but the fact that the real Sylvester was dead the whole time and Ultra-Humanite just hijacked his preserved body and has been acting as him the whole time...Sylvester didn't deserve that. Especially seeing him using all of Sylvesters' memories to act as flawlessly as Sylvester as possible to the point where he fooled everybody and almost himself, not that it's going to stop him from burying Pat alive (huh, that's two fathers in a CW Superhero show who were seemingly buried alive in the series finale after Black Lightning. Funny).

All of Sylvesters' genuine mentor moments actually undermining the JSA makes so much sense in retrospect. Although Rick actually trying to get help for his problem ended up being what finally undoing the string of lies and manipulation.

I guess the staff, while sentient, just biologically imprints on someone so completely that it can't rebel or feels compelled to follow them no matter what? Although obviously Courtney is going to take it back next week for good.

So it looks like it's up to the rest of the JSA to stop the villainous trio one last time...albeit severely underpowered and undermanned. Knowing it's the finale, it'll be interesting to see how they resolve everything. But this episode just made me want so much more of the show.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

That was one massive Penultimate episode of Stargirl!!!

So Sylvester has been dead all this time. The flashbacks going through the whole series of when we've seen him were either A)An amazing example of longform storytelling and planning or B)A good use of adjusting your story on the fly due to how Discovery has been managing things at a corporate level.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I'm glad we finally got to the point with Starman. While I had no idea of it being UH, it was baited all season that SOMETHING was off about this dude and I've found him totally unlikeable almost from the beginning even without knowing the "why". Most of his actions were unheroic making the UH reveal not much of a shocker for me.

The CW normally does well in the penultimate episodes but the finales usually don't stick the landing (except the very 1st season of their shows). Not expecting too much next week - it will most likely all be resolved in 20 minutes with the remaining 20 focused on shaking hands and small talk. We are obviously buidling to Courtney proving her worthiness of the staff, so that moment will be there for sure, Pat gotta be saved (or save himself), Icicle has to face his son, Hourman gotta be "fixed", Dragon has to face his daughter.

Don't see how it could all be done in a truly satisfying way, but we shall see.

Boisterously Confused

Yeee-ikes! That conclusion was grim indeed. IMO, this is what UH should be like. A monster that can be anybody you know.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Okay.

That was a God damn gut punch
    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Awesome twist involving Ultra-Humanite.
    Yeee-ikes! That conclusion was grim indeed. IMO, this is what UH should be like. A monster that can be anybody you know.
    Cosigning all of this, and Frontier outlining just how well Ultra-Humanite sold his act while sowing the seeds of the new JSA's downfall the whole time . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

I know this isn't as important as the other stuff going on, but damn, the ISA's kill count keeps getting bigger.

They killed the Spectre, Dr. Fate, Atom, GL, Hawks, Flash, wonder if they would have killed Power Girl too, eventually.