Page 102 of 187 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2791

I hate to think this, but is this because of Geoff Johns and the recent controversy with Ray Fisher?

Or maybe it is because the show is really expensive.

It would be a real shame, at any rate.

Well really, they need to have room for the Painkiller spin-off that literally no one was asking for.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well really, they need to have room for the Painkiller spin-off that literally no one was asking for.
    Painkiller gaining a spin off is honestly a lot better than the Black Canary show.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They can renew a show that no one watches in Batwoman but this is the show they have to think about continuing? .
    Agreed. That show and LoT are far more expendable than Stargirl or any other DC program, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I spit my drink out!
    I'm happy I could be of service. *takes bows*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

They can renew a show that no one watches in Batwoman but this is the show they have to think about continuing?

I hate this network so much. I wish HBO Max pick up it when they saved Doom Patrol.
    Is this one of those situations where the CW just has a bigger cut when it comes to a show like Batwoman v. Stargirl which began on a different platform?

Either way, S2 hasn't even debuted yet. Is it really a story that they haven't greenlit S3?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is this one of those situations where the CW just has a bigger cut when it comes to a show like Batwoman v. Stargirl which began on a different platform?

Either way, S2 hasn't even debuted yet. Is it really a story that they haven't greenlit S3?
    Yeah, to be honest I feel like they'd wait to see how season 2 does exclusively on the CW, but CW is pretty renewal happy with their DC shows...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Yes, considering they renewed Batwoman, Flash and Legends even before they premiered this year.

Painkiller gaining a spin off is honestly a lot better than the Black Canary show.
    I'd have rather had the Green Arrow and the Canaries spin-off, though to be completely honest I thought the premise of the show was all wrong. It should have focused on Mia, William, and Connor being stranded in the past after their future was erased during the Crisis, and having to build new lives while carrying on the legacy of their parents with Dinah and Laurel as the mentor figures. Setting it in the future was just a bad idea all around.

For Painkiller, I just want to know why? Why cancel Black Lightning and replace it? Did the leads just want out of their contracts, and so they decided to make a spin-off? It just makes no sense to me.

Yes, considering they renewed Batwoman, Flash and Legends even before they premiered this year.
    All have over stayed their welcome. This is unbelievable.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    It is very strange I would not renew any show until I saw the ratings for at least part of the current season. But since they have skipped that for other shows why not Stargirl? For that matter how can it be on the bubble before they see the ratings?
    I'd suspect it's because of a greater cost of production. That stripe suit is a more costly thing than on any other show.

Legends of Tomorrow has had a low cost of production for a few seasons. They hardly even use special effects any more. Certainly nothing significant.

Batwoman is mostly stunt work. There's no CGi, or anything required. It would be by far the cheapest to make. Not much more than any generic action show.

Superman and Lois would be up near the cost of Stargirl, but I dont think the Flash would be anymore. Let's face it, you can create the super speed look as simply as filming something at normal speed and then play it back at high speed while filming again. That was actually what was planed for the 6 million dollar man but someone hit slow replay instead of fast by mistake and they liked the look. On only a few episodes did they show the sped up look as a distant perspective.

https://youtu.be/enPADH5RXlY

Of the rating fell to far they can do Flash on a low budget with the much greater special effects of today

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I'd suspect it's because of a greater cost of production. That stripe suit is a more costly thing than on any other show.

Legends of Tomorrow has had a low cost of production for a few seasons. They hardly even use special effects any more. Certainly nothing significant.

Batwoman is mostly stunt work. There's no CGi, or anything required. It would be by far the cheapest to make. Not much more than any generic action show.

Superman and Lois would be up near the cost of Stargirl, but I dont think the Flash would be anymore. Let's face it, you can create the super speed look as simply as filming something at normal speed and then play it back at high speed while filming again. That was actually what was planed for the 6 million dollar man but someone hit slow replay instead of fast by mistake and they liked the look. On only a few episodes did they show the sped up look as a distant perspective.

https://youtu.be/enPADH5RXlY

Of the rating fell to far they can do Flash on a low budget with the much greater special effects of today
    Don't really agree with the Flash. Sure, after 6 years they've probably built up a library of Barry doing various things at superspeed, which would cut down on costs. On the other hand, almost everyone in the cast now has some kind of powers. You have Danielle doing double duty filming as Caitlin and Frost, which means multiple takes and editing them together; you have new Force powers that you have to design- I think Flash is still one of the more expensive shows on the CW, but I'll agree it probably costs less than Stargirl or Superman and Lois.

Don't really agree with the Flash. Sure, after 6 years they've probably built up a library of Barry doing various things at superspeed, which would cut down on costs. On the other hand, almost everyone in the cast now has some kind of powers. You have Danielle doing double duty filming as Caitlin and Frost, which means multiple takes and editing them together; you have new Force powers that you have to design- I think Flash is still one of the more expensive shows on the CW, but I'll agree it probably costs less than Stargirl or Superman and Lois.
    Oh I would say it's not far behind them in cost. My point is more that if the ratings tank this year and it gets a question over it there are ways they could cut production costs on it for next season. So committing to à next season before it airs is less risky. They certainly don't film it right away. If the ratings aren't what they hope leading into a next season then they can cut the costs a bit. Use more of the old speed footage. Use updated versions of speeding film like that clip of 6 mill $ man. Use less of the powered team (maybe killer Frost goes the cisco route of a few seasons ago and depowers, or she gets caught now that the Govt has sent someone to bring her in).

I just think for the likes of stargirl there's a decent reason to wait for ratings because it would cost more than the shows they committed to without seeing this seasons ratings. For that matter there's always the chance they can just set a lower budget for those shows. It's not really as likely that John's would accept lowering the budget too much on the project that he basically created to honor his dead sister.

Turns out all the fearmongering was unfounded. Season 3 confirmed!

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/kun...mpression=true